20 Super Mario Bros. 3 -v - Final Fantasy VI 109

Discussion in 'Sera Region' started by Lee, Jun 6, 2011.

?

?

1. SMB3

2. FFVI

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

One of my fav mario games against my Fav FF game. This should be fun.

(REMEMBER FFVI WAS RELEASED AS FFIII IN NA)

[​IMG]

2. Arkham Noir

Arkham Noir With black birds following me

Super Mario Bros. 3 is the very first video game I ever played. In the time that has past between then and now, there are only a handful of games that have ever managed to rival it in my eyes. This to me is the standard in which games are judged. Super Mario Bros. 3 had everything that a Mario Bros. game is known for, and on a few accounts I think it actually was the first to do them. It is notable for being the first Mario game to expand on the idea of power ups beyond more than the fire flower and a mushroom; introducing the frog suit, hammer bros. suit, and the iconic tanooki suit.

Many consider the original Super Mario Bros. to be the greatest video game of all time, but for me Super Mario Bros. 3 tops it. There are games that I played last year that I will never play again, yet almost twenty-years later I still pick up and play this game.

Vote for Super Mario Bros. 3

3. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Final Fantasy 6 had a tough opponent here, in Super Mario Bros 3 which was one of the best selling games of all time. Although I doubt it will win, I will still support FF6 here because of how great it was. It was ahead of its time and set many new standards for RPG's worldwide. I'm happy no matter who wins though, both are amazing games.

4. Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Wade's Public Transit Bomb Championship Contender

Another hard one that leads me to vote for Mario. (I am so screwed if we get a Mario vs Mario poll haha)

Mario 3 made everyone forget about Mario 2 (thank gawd). It was a big set up graphically and (IIRC) the first game to introduce a lot of different suits for Mario. Some of them sucked, but I tend to remember the fun ones like the fox suit.

5. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

SMB3 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.