2 new belts for WWE

Greg

Dark Match Winner
I think that WWE needs 2 more belts. The roster is so stacked right now that 1 belt for raw and 1 belt for smackdown will help.I think that they should bring back the European title (To Raw) and create a new belt such as a WWE TV Title for Smackdown. This will also help with the NXT call ups that may be able to get a push. An example are Ricochet and Black, these guys are amazing in the ring and I dont think Ricochet will be sent to 205 live. Ricochet will be great as a TV champ and black as a European champ or either way.

What do you guys think? Do you think this may happen within the next year?

I would disagree just because you see the main shows struggle to feature all the champions they currently have. Plus when you have to many title they lose their prestige a bit. In terms of the NXT call ups I think after a few matches under their belt to get them known on TV it wouldn't be to hard to push them towards tag, I-C, or U.S. gold. They don't necessarily need a title to be relevant but chasing the secondary titles is a good way to push them for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing the European title back in circulation especially with the influx of talent from that continent in the last couple of years. I'd like to see a cruiserweight tag team titles just to do something to give some of the guys on 205 something to do. OR phone to the eurooena title on a 205 live star.

I fully understand the "more titles = more storyline possibilities" mindset some people have, but they don't really need more meaningless titles.

I get the idea, but instead of having a new championship for raw and one for smackdown when they already have enough problem with those they have. Why not bring back a new belt for the lower card guys that wrestled exclusively on Main event. At less it would make the matches on that show more intriguing and once and a while you could have feud on that show that would lead to a kickoff match.

As far as the smackdown side. i would first move the 205 live guys out of tuesdays after smackdown spot since they have nothing to do with smackdown in the first place, move the show on wednesday before or after NXT since it's the same audience that watch it anyway, also have the tapings at full sail. Then you could resurrect WWE Superstars and use it to put some of the more under utilized guys on smackdown and do the same thing you did with raw and create a undercard championship for that show as well which would lead to a kick off match on PPV or even better yet, go back to the brand only PPV. Have 6 brand only PPV and 6 dual brand PPV. On the brand only PPV, you could have those lower card wrestlers on the main card and on dual brand, they get the kick off.

It would be something different and would make the c-shows more interesting to watch, then having 2 throwaway match which repeats themselves every week like what they have right now with main even where tyler breeze seem to be stuck in a feud with jinder and the singhs every week and EC3 and apollo are trading wins.

how about a belt that is for the younger stars - say under 25. Another title for the UK brand would also be good as Pete Dunne has such a grip on the UK title and also defends this on NXT

For a product that fails to push the current champions on their shows on a regular basis, adding more championships is not the best idea.

WWE could really benefit from doing other things such as creating new factions so that guys get some direction rather than just floundering on the rosters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back