• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st Firing Season of 2008

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
- As we posted the other day, WWE decided to release 7 Superstars including former ECW Champion Bobby Lashley. Our sources are reporting that more releases are coming in the next few weeks as WWE tries to trim the roster for the first time in 2008. Word is Stephanie McMahon is behind the latest round of releases. As always, we will keep you updated as soon as anything breaks.

As it appears WWE will be making a few releases in the next few weeks I'll make the thread. There is no need for each low level wrestler to recieve his or hers own thread. So unless Batista get's released then keep all of them in here.

Use this thread for speculation in the mean time.

I'll pick Charlie Haas. As WWE finally gives him a gimmick that will get him some sort of crowd response you just know they're going to release him. AGAIN. I just know it. They're never going to use him properly, and he's too bland for any other promotion to give him a great push. So I suggest the Venis role.

The list of talent I can see getting a pink slip in their future would be as follows. (and why)

Hacksaw Jim Duggan: Its honestly amazed me that he's even lasted this long on the Raw roster. I get that he has heartfelt, memorable moments from winning the first ever Royal Rumble, to over coming cancer.. but seriously, what does he contribute to anymore? A Tag Team with Super Crazy that goes no where? Duggan's time in wrestling was up toward his W.C.W. days.. his release is only a matter of time. (unless he's working for free, which wouldn't shock me)

Super Crazy: Once again, what does he truly contribute to anything anymore? He was used on Raw as a squash for Kennedy. He teams with Duggan on a show thats broadcast only on the internet. If they would've moved Crazy to Smackdown, or E.C.W. his job would be more secure than it is on Raw. Crazy's days are numbered, simply because there is no push for him on the "A" show.

Charlie Haas: To go with the flow. Shelton Benjamin is clearly the one receiving all the pushes from this duo. Benjamin has been on E.C.W. for a couple monthes now, while Haas' biggest thing is a mask gimmick, that noone (still) understands.

DH Smith: Busted already once for roids. He hasn't even been brought back up to mainstream television has he? I feel sorry for the son of the (late great) British Bulldog, but the fact is.. I simply don't see him being even remotely what his Father was. He doesn't have the look for it, his gimmick is nothing more than following in footsteps, and W.W.E. doesn't have time to spare for kids who get into roids. They have to save all that energy for saving the top faced names that do it.

Kevin Thorn: The guy is still listed on the roster, yet hasn't been used to my knowledge in any way for several monthes. (at least not since October, or September to my knowledge) I think if he hasn't been released, its only a shear matter of time. And personally, this is a waste to me, because I really liked Thorn and had high hopes for him becoming something.

Mike Knox: Another name thats listed, yet hasn't been used in a while. His greatest claim to fame was being the unknown guy dating the ditzy blonde who loves stripping. Santino fills that spot nicely on Raw.. no need for two roles like that.

Damn i would really hate to see DH Smith and Kevin Thorn released.

Well here's two superstars i think will be gone soon.

Super Crazy-Ever since he got back from his injury he's been wrestling on Heat and last time on RAW he got squashed to Kennedy.I don't like Crazy but for a little while i saw hope for his future until he got injured.There is a slight chance he will get moved to ECW but i would rather just send him packing.

The Highlanders-I kinda feel bad for them but they have abosolutly zero chance of getting over in thier current gimmicks.

On the heels of WWE ending their affiliation with Ohio Valley Wrestling, they have released Al Snow, who was a long-time trainer in OVW.

More shortly.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised, but I am shocked. Only because I thought he was released over a year ago. :lmao:

I'm not really sure whats more shocking however, the release of Al Snow who has been a great trainer for up-and-coming Superstars.. or the fact that W.W.E. parted ways with O.V.W.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised, but I am shocked. Only because I thought he was released over a year ago. :lmao:

I'm not really sure whats more shocking however, the release of Al Snow who has been a great trainer for up-and-coming Superstars.. or the fact that W.W.E. parted ways with O.V.W.

So WWE has parted ways with OVW, huh, this has me wondering what will become of Colt Cabana, as I beleive he was signed to a WWE devolpment deal and sent to OVW, have they sent him somewhere else, or are they gonna release him too, Colt could work in WWE, he has great mic skills and is a solid wrestler too, though I could see WWE dropping the ball yet again, and wouldn't be surprised if I see that Cabana is released here in the near future

Most of the wrestlers from OVW are probably going to being release because most of the recent wrestlers release were in OVW & now that WWE has parted ways with OVW, I see WWE releasing all the wrestlers from OVW or WWE will send them to FCW.
I didn't expect Al Snow to get release, maybe WWE rethinks & hires him again & send him to FCW to help train the up-and-coming wrestlers

Most of the wrestlers from OVW are probably going to being release because most of the recent wrestlers release were in OVW & now that WWE has parted ways with OVW, I see WWE releasing all the wrestlers from OVW or WWE will send them to FCW.
I didn't expect Al Snow to get release, maybe WWE rethinks & hires him again & send him to FCW to help train the up-and-coming wrestlers

I thought the article said that all of the wrestlers were sent to FCW. It was more of a combining than anything. While the lower ones will probably see a release eventually I'm sure Colt Cabana is safe. He a top five developmental talent who has already had dark matches with the company before. Then again, stranger things have happened and Snow's release shows that maybe they want less wrestlers in developmental. If they wanted all of them, why not keep an extra trainer.

Colt Cabanas job better be safe because Ive been looking forward to seeing him on WWE TV for a while now, the man has great charisma and can work a real good match too, Im really hoping to see him debut soon maybe on ECW or something for the start and excited to seeing how he can adapt to a WWE stle of match,as long as Vince doesnt fuck something up,which is always an issue these days

i personally cant see mike adamle lasting too long. he has made several mistakes and as far as i can remember he hasnt gone through a live section without a mistake. plus he isnt even signed exclusively with wwe which i personally see as a negative for him! if they sign that "hot controversial" newscaster whos name i cant remember then maybe she will take his place.

drew mcintire is another i fancy to be released. hasnt really done anything and since being moved to raw hasnt even had a match on raw! cant be a good sign!

dave taylor hasnt done anything on smackdown since drew mcintire left. was never impressed with his work either! kinda bland and a poor mans regal!

ranjin singh has been touted for a release after his "injuries" at NWO. maybe they are looking to give khali another manager who would hopefully be better than singh

Snitsky probably wont go due to vinces love for the monsters...and the highlanders it depends whether or not they wait for rorrie to come back from his surgery and try again! hopefully they will get rid of some of the divas coz some of them are just there for show and to randomly interview peopel

Won’t be released, but will job: Jim Duggan, Super Crazy, Highlanders, Funaki

Potential Releases:

1. Charlie Haas - This guy just can't catch a break. Decent in the ring, devoid of everything else necessary to warrant his usefulness. He should just become an "expensive jobber", so to speak, where he looks like he has a shot, but never does....more of a shot than Nunzio lol.

2. Mike Adamle - Was there a point to this guy in the first place? He does nothing that JR and King can't do by themselves.

3. Drew McIntyre - Not very impressive, hasn't been on TV for a long time, etc. He's about 50/50. Either he'll be placed in a tag team situation to help out that division (which is a good option, I say, as the tag team divisions need more challengers) or he'll be fired.

4. Deuce & Domino - How have they lasted this long? Lol. Nobody cares about these guys. I can see them being repackaged as opposed to released, though, but they need to change.

5. The Great Khali - More than outlived his usefulness, has nobody to feud with, and nobody wants to work with him since he's so awful in the ring. Thusly, Singh will be released as well.

6. Gregory Helms - He's been injured for one hell of a long time and I can see them finally just giving up on the situation.

7. Hornswoggle - The storyline's finishing up soon and if Finlay was a good enough protector, he'd simply take Hornswoggle out of the business. Obviously, its all fake, so that'd just be the cover up for firing a midget that isn't funny anymore lol.

8. Dave Taylor - But really, is he even a part of the roster anyway? Lol.

9. Torrie Wilson - She's having back problems, enjoying her time off, and she's not exactly their top wrestler.

10. Matt Striker - Unless they give him another person to manage, which I'd be more than fine with, as he's much better as a manager than a wrestler.

11. Armando Estrada - Sucks as a GM. They should've given this role to Vickie so we wouldn't have to see her ugly face as often lol.

12. The Boogeyman - They're not too big on him, he's pretty old, and he's nothing to write home about.

13. Balls Mahoney - He just had a kid recently, if I remember correctly, and the same reasons as many from above (old, not the best wrestler, going nowhere, etc).

4. Deuce & Domino - How have they lasted this long? Lol. Nobody cares about these guys. I can see them being repackaged as opposed to released, though, but they need to change.

Usually I wouldn't have agreed with you. I could see them as a team that stays and just fills out the roster. And one half of them is Jimmy Snukas son. But I then read that Son Of Snuka is actually in his late 30's. And they it became apparent why they never pushed him. They'd be wasting there time. If they don't acknowledge his father on TV, then he's pretty much doomed. He'll certainly never get a sold push. If he was it would have been straight away.

Usually I wouldn't have agreed with you. I could see them as a team that stays and just fills out the roster. And one half of them is Jimmy Snukas son. But I then read that Son Of Snuka is actually in his late 30's. And they it became apparent why they never pushed him. They'd be wasting there time. If they don't acknowledge his father on TV, then he's pretty much doomed. He'll certainly never get a sold push. If he was it would have been straight away.

Yeah, see, I feel the same way. At first, I thought he and Domino were just around 28 or so and looked older, but when I came across the same fact, I realized just how bad they really are in comparison to how good they should be by now. Deuce is in his late 30s and isn't close to accomplishing anything, and then you've got Kenny Dykstra, who hasn't done too much either but the guy's 21, so he has years and years ahead of him to hone his skills.

Here are my opinions on releases:

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (The Major Brothers) - After Wrestlemania when Edge loses the title (honestly we all know its gonna happen) hes going to dump Vickie Guerrero and go back to midcard - main event. Then there will be no use for the majors.

Jamie Noble - They turned him face and they want him to have a feud with chuck palumbo but they haven't really done anything with that. Eventually they'll stop the feud and will possibly fire one of them which will probably be Jamie Noble because they only hired Palumbo a few months ago.

And by the way...Who the hell chose to hire Mike Knox in the first place? (He'll go soon enough as well hopefully)

I also concur. While I personally am a fan of them as a tag team, it's obvious that neither of them would get anywhere with a singles push. I think the gimmick and entrance is awesome, and they do pretty great tag team work. But, unfortunately for them, it's hard to see them even getting another tag team title run at the rate they've been jobbing, and even harder to picture them still being around by 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back