17 Street Fighter 2 -v - WWF No Mercy 84

Discussion in 'Hyrule Region' started by Lee, Jun 11, 2011.

?

?

1. SFII

2. No Mercy

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

Two great fighters, still very different. Who wins? You decide!

[​IMG]

2. Loveless

Loveless A Life In Monochrome

Technically they're both beat-em-ups and I don't think it's fair to compare any wrestling game to a standard fighter but what else can you do here? When it comes to fluidity, speed and skill, the fighter will always win out on mechanics. It really comes down to whether you're after pure gaming or theatricality. I'll take the former as it has more longevity.
    Street Fighter II is the classic beat-em-up and is as playable today as it ever was. That's the mark of true quality.

3. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

Street Fighter II, if nothing else, I got more enjoyment out of playing it than No Mercy. Not saying that No Mercy is a bad game. It's very good and was the first wrestling game that I played. I just think Street Fighter II is as good if not better game. I still hold Marvel vs Capcom 2 as the best fighting game of all time but SF II, which is close second, made that game. I'm voting for Street Fighter but No Mercy could win and I wouldn't be affected by it.

4. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

I gotta go with Street Fighter here because it's a better game than No Mercy in pretty much every way. Sure it's fun to relive the good old days of WWF in No Mercy, but Street Fighter 2 keeps me entertained far longer and it never gets old. No matter what the matchup is and what stage they fight at, it is always addictive and fun. Then you have of course the huge impact it had on fighting games as a genre.

5. TheKingHustla

TheKingHustla The Man Who Saw R-Truth Beat Cena!

I remember when I first got WrestleMania 2000, I stayed up every night playing it. I even remember when everyone thought the world was going to end with Y2K, I was up at midnight playing it. Then, when No Mercy came out, I had to have it. I stole it from Blockbuster (cause I couldn't afford it) and I played it like I was a cave man warped into the future and video games were new to me. I played it alot, with family and friends, but when I was alone, I realized that many of the things I liked in the former game, like making PPV's and titles and things, I couldn't do. It took a lot of the fun out of it after I beat all of the story branches.

Street Fighter 2 is a game where I learned a lot of fighting moves that don't work in real life. Blocking something with your arms still hurt, especially after the fight, doing a jumping spinning punch usually will get you beat up faster than a one legged weener dog in a dog fight, kicking someone's legs doesn't usually make them fall, and holding my hands together and screaming japanese words didn't make blue balls of watery fire stuff come out of my hands. But it did however give me a ton of enjoyment and got me into a ton of real life fights over doing the same move over and over to friends. All in all, Street Fighter get's my vote here, but it's closer than I realized.

6. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Hadouken...SFII wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.