15 Super Mario Bros -v - Alex Kidd (enchanted castle) 114

?

• SMBros

• Alex kidd

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Super_Mario_Bros._box.png

Before Sonic there was Alex Kidd and on the GenesisMegaDrive this gem in the Enchanted Castle. How will it fair against Super Mario Bros?

252px-Alexkiddenchantedcastle1.jpg

Alex Kidd may be a gem, but that's not going to be enough to stop it from being defeated by Super Mario Bros. Mario should get the win here pretty easily because it's not only an oldschool classic but it's as addicting and fun today as it was 25 years ago. A forgotten gem or quite possibly the most famous video game ever? I'm going with the latter, as it's the more enjoyable of the two regardless of fame level.

When you think Nintendo, Super Mario Bros is the game that comes to mind, and I've never even heard of Alex Kidd. I don't even think there is competition here, excluding fanboys.

If you've ever played any video game ever, you have Super Mario Bros to thank for it, but that's not why you should vote for it.

You should vote for it because, for a game that is 26 years old, it's still phenomenal, and is probably the best platformer ever. It introduces you to Mario and Luigi, and a world full of evil walking mushrooms, turtles, fish, squids, carnivorous flowers, and a giant spiky shelled beast that breaths fire and occasionally throws hammers. That's one hell of a boss for 1985, eh? It's a game that's long and difficult, but doable if you play through each level enough. It's full of neat little tricks and secrets, which only adds to this game's awesomeness.

This is Super Mario Bros match to lose.

Well, I've actually played Alex Kidd, so that might count for something. It's pretty fun, but this is Mario it's dealing with. The franchise. And this is where the greatness began. I seriously would take the original over plenty of games out now, which shows just how fun and innovative it is. Plus, it single-handedly pulled gaming out of the Crash of '83 abyss. I bow to you, Miyamoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back