Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mariokart1.jpg

Mario... Against Zelda... Game on, mother fuckers!

66-1.jpg

Link's Awakening is my second favorite Zelda game of all time. It is a big adventure inside a small package and I will put it up against any game in the series in terms of design, quality, and fun factor. The dungeons, puzzles, and action are all brilliant. The story is emotionally engaging with a bittersweet ending that really wrenches my heart out each time. The game is also extremely challenging, and when you complete it you feel as though you accomplished a great deal. An amazing, lengthy experience through and through.

Mario Kart 64 is fun. It has a great battle mode and I spent many an hour racing with it when I was a kid. However, it's not worthy of being called the greatest of all time by a longshot. The AI was pretty dumb, and while there were several memorable tracks (Choco Mountain and Banshee Boardwalk being my favorites) there weren't as many as later in the series. On top of that, the graphics really weren't particularly good at the time and have only gotten worse with age. It holds many memories for me, but it just doesn't compare to Link's Awakening.

Vote Link!

Oh no, another difficult choice!!!!

I nearly had to flip a coin here. Link's Awakening was THE game boy game for many. Mario Kart 64 on the other hand was THE multiplayer game for a while too. I'm going with Link's Awakening in the end though because it was amazing to play such a great game handheld, ANYWHERE. As awesome as Mario Kart 64 was to racing games and multiplayer madness, I'd rather play the classic handheld Zelda. Therefore it has my vote.

I'm going Mario Kart. I played Link's Awakening, and it has one huge flaw... there's a point of no return. Yes, little 3rd grade JGlass was on the last dungeon in Link's Awakening, well on his way to waking the Wind Fish, when he squandered his last small key on the wrong door, which he later learned would be his downfall. I've never beaten Link's Awakening, and I never will, and it's all because of that god damn point of no return.

Not to mention Mario Kart 64 is just a better game. As Dagger said, Mario Kart was THE multiplayer game, and for many it still is. Has any game aged better than Mario Kart 64? It's still a common site to see Mario Kart 64 tournaments held in college dorm rooms, and not one child of the 90s is unfamiliar with the game. Link's Awakening, on the other hand, is one of the more forgettable ones of the series.

Vote Mario Kart 64.

Games like this you look at the game that came before in the series and see how much of an improvement it made.

MK64 had SMKart, it expanded that visually, with better tracks that have become iconic in gaming as well as brining four player mode to the franchise.

LA had ALTTP before it and it didn't build on that.

I'm going with MK64 here but really both games are awesome.

MK64 gets my vote here even though I fucking love LA. Mario Kart is an iconic game that provided hours on hours of enjoyment. It's a game that didn't need a strong story because playing by yourself was just as fun as playing with others. That said, the multiplayer was where this game shined. Mario Kart is still one of my favorite multiplayer games to play with friends. That's why it gets my vote.

Mario Kart 64 is my pick. To this day Nintendo is still trying to replicate the feel this one had. No matter how many gimmicks and characters they add they fail to replicate the charming feeling of cruising through the ice and running into penguins. Or Going through Cocoa Valley trying not to get flattened. Avoiding traffic on Toad's Turnpike. Or not get lost in Yoshi's Valley. The iconic Raceway tunes and Rainbow Road all while sporting the most popular of the Mario franchise. This game was like Smash Bros. on wheels. Technically it's the other way around, but you get it.

"O-hoo!"

"I'm-a Wario! I'-a gonnawinn!"

Not to mention running into Peach's Castle. This game was hours of fun all in a go-cart. Honestly, who didn't want one after playing this?

Links Awakening was a very fun adventure that helped the Gameboy greatly. But it's one of the few instances where the Zelda franchise fully recycles the feel of it's predecessor. This opposes the total overhaul Mario Kart got. Link's was a cool little game with lots of fun to it. But Mario Kart was and still is one of the top Multiplayer games out there. It doesn't help that this is the game responsible for Mario Party, Mario *Insert Sport Here*, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and every other Mario Kart sequel.

Vote Mario Kart 64. Or get nailed by an 18 Wheeler.

ToadsTurnpike.png

I literally just voted for Little Big Planet 2 against Super Mario Kart because it was miles ahead of SMK. Mario Kart 64 on the other hand is just a fuckton of fun, and as much as I love Zelda games, I never did get into Links Awakening that much. So MK64 for this vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back