• Street Fighter 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
250px-Zelda_SNES.jpg

200px-SF2_JPN_flyer.jpg

Oh man, this one is going to be tough. I'm definitely going to support Link to the Past, but it is up against a formidable opponent in Street Fighter 2. They both have the nostalgia factor, have survived the test of time, good music, userfriendly gameplay, and have made a significant impact on their respective genres. I'm completely ok with either one moving on but I do like Link to the Past more than Street Fighter 2 so I voted for it. Sure Street Fighter 2 had great matchup possibilities and a huge impact on fighting games.... but Link to the Past had not one but two vast worlds to explore and lots of replay value for those wanting to find all of the items or clear the game without dying to get that little "0" next to their graphic as proof of their flawless victory. Zelda for the win because it's the better of the two.

I got to give it to ALTTP. As being the first and only Zelda game that I've played, it was a damn good one. From traveling between the two worlds to using weapons like the Master Sword, hookshots, and bow and arrows, I think it might be the best game I've played on the SNES. Street Fighter 2 is one of my favorite games to play to this day but ALTTP is an adventure masterpiece.

Street Fighter should be walking this, a game so perfect that 20 years after it's release it's still the greatest fightest ever made. I'm quite convinced that people are voting Zelda based on the reputation of the later games.

And people are voting SFII on the reputation of the later games. ALTTP should be walking this a game so perfect that 20 years after its release it's still one of the greatest games ever made.

A Link to the Past is one of the best-selling SNES games, with 4.61 million units sold worldwide, and has had an exceptionally long stay on Nintendo Power's top games list: when the SNES list was finally retired, A Link to the Past had more than five consecutive years in the number one spot.

There's a reason I regard this as greatest game of all time, it really pushed the boundaries from what we'd seen in a Zelda game. It added a huge world (then dark world), brought some classic music, sidequests and a really indepth storyline.

This totally broke away from the previous game in the series, as opposed to SFII who didn't add too much from SF aside from characters, combos and a tiny bit of strategy.

How can anyone say Street Fighter II was perfect when they then had to do another 10 versions of the same game?

Pretty easy for me. I love LttP to death. One of the best games ever, without question. The best of it's genre, greatest adventure game ever, second only to OoT in my opinion.

Street Fighter 2 was, for a time, the best fighting game ever. The best of possibly the weakest video game genre ever. People just thought it was so amazing because it had very mediocre competition. Then Soul Calibur came along and, laughed in the face of Street Fighter, slapped it of its thrown, and took its crown as the best fighting game ever. Simples.

LttP all the way.

Reactions: Lee
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game but I can't put it above Street Fighter 2. As great as it is, LTTP imply improved upon the Zelda formula and gave a template for future games in the series to build from. A wonderful game, but it didn't have the impact that SF2 had.

SF2 revolutionized a genre. It took the novel fighting genre and brought it to mainstream prominence. SF2 was the first game to introduce staple fighting mechanics such as multiple playable characters, fighter specific fighting styles, special moves and endings. It started the fighting game boom of the early 90s and paved the way for other acclaimed fighters such as Mortal Kombat. Every fighter that has released since owes it's existence to SF2.

Since both games are still very playable today and are still a lot of fun, I'll have to go with the one that's more important. I'm fighting a losing battle, but I'm siding with Ryu & Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back