13 Pokemon Red & Blue v 20 Grand Theft Auto III

?

• Pokemon

• GTAIII

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good god are you people fucking KIDDING ME?! Pokemon is winning 4 to 2 right now over Grand Theft Auto 3, one of the most groundbreaking and downright great games ever made?! Are you JOKING?

Ridiculous, I challenge ANYONE to give me a logical argument for why Pokemon is better than fucking Grand Theft Auto 3. Name me one aspect of gaming that is superior to GTA 3, just one. You can't.

RIDICULOUS. I've officially lost faith in many of you. There is absolutely no reason anyone should be voting for fucking Pokemon here. Vote GTA 3, or you're an idiot.

I said this will be the match of the round and I still can't pick a winner right now. Simply put, they are both cult games that both provided so much to the gaming world.

The irony is where these two started, they have both sprouted repeat products with newer features but yet everyone still talks about the originals so well.

I'm not voting on this one right now because I do treasure both games well. GTA3 was ground breaking for future games on the PS2 and after but Pokémon gives a good long lasting ability on handheld and the best part is that it's interactive with other players.

Both have cult followings and were the must have games to own, a tight one to decide really. I'll give an answer later in the week.

GTA3 wins, hands-down. I could never get into any of the Pokemon games, but I understand that it is a huge franchise and it has it's fans. However, to me, Grand Theft Auto 3 is better. I don't really play Pokemon so I'm going with GTA3.

GTA wins this hands down. A total revolution in design and story, set in a massive city against a bloody Gameboy game about collecting creatures. It shouldn't even be a contest.

GTAIII should go through here. Pokemon was a good game make no doubt about it but GTA was just so much better in every way possible. I knew from the start that this match was going to be close but to be quite honest, it shouldn't be. I mean, GTAIII was probably one of the best games on the Playstation and one of the best games to grace a console. Pokemon is only doing so well because of the Pokemon fan boys.

To be quite honest, if you are voting for Pokemon here, you need tyo go back and play both games and really think about which game is better because as far as I can see, there is no conceivable way that Pokemon should go over here. Graphics, gameplay, sound, enjoyment, all the things that make a game great are much better in GTAIII.

Do the right thing, vote GTAIII

I have to vote GTA3. I like playing both games but I’ve always enjoyed playing GTA3 way more than Pokemon. GTA3 is a game that I never got bored of playing no matter how long I played it while I could only play Pokemon for a little while and I got bored. I just didn't enjoy playing pokemon for long amounts of time. While on the other hand I just enjoyed playing GTA3 way more and I have to vote for it because in my opinion it’s just better than Pokemon. GTA3 is probably one of the best games I've ever played and I can't vote against it. I know that Pokemon has a huge fan base but I can’t honestly think of a reason on why I should vote Pokemon over GTA3, so my vote is on GTA3.

What the hell, I'm going with Pokemon. It has made more of an impact that GTA 3 and I actually thought it was more fun. It is easily the best gameboy game ever, you can't say the same about GTA and XBOX or PS3. I know GTA is known as the "better" game, but I'll vote for whoever the hell I want to.

Much to the irking of the GTAIII voters, I'm going to push Pokemon yet again. Why? Not because I'm an "idiot" but because I think Pokemon is the greater game. Compare Pokemon to any other Gameboy game. There is a ridiculous difference between it and any other Gameboy game in terms of depth and length. You could beat most other Gameboy games in what, about 2, maybe 3 hours? A kid could put 50 hours into one file of Pokemon before starting over again. When you compare it, it might boast the greatest contrast against other games of its time than any other game can. GTAIII can boast a wide, expansive, environment, but there were other games of its time to challenge it. Pokemon gets my vote because of its high contrast against other games of its time. And also because I do what I want.

Dude GTA3 was simply awesome. As an avid player of both, or all three if you want to look at it like that, I have to go with GTA3. It just screams more entertainment for me. When I was younger, Pokemon was cool, but other games were able to keep my attention a lot more. Grand Theft Auto 3 became the game to play for me, and it has kept my attention in the series more than Pokemon has. GTA 3 should win and move on.

Good god are you people fucking KIDDING ME?! Pokemon is winning 4 to 2 right now over Grand Theft Auto 3, one of the most groundbreaking and downright great games ever made?! Are you JOKING?

Ridiculous, I challenge ANYONE to give me a logical argument for why Pokemon is better than fucking Grand Theft Auto 3. Name me one aspect of gaming that is superior to GTA 3, just one. You can't.

RIDICULOUS. I've officially lost faith in many of you. There is absolutely no reason anyone should be voting for fucking Pokemon here. Vote GTA 3, or you're an idiot.

Well im sorry, but GTA games suck. Period. I've hated all of them...Never liked video games postively portraying the gang life...not good for culture. And i like pokemon. Logical? to me. To you? I'm a moron...But to each his own and another vote for pokemon...

Well im sorry, but GTA games suck. Period.

Notice how I asked for a logical argument against GTA here? Yeah, you failed there. Your opinion versus that of the millions and millions of GTA fans? Right, no one cares what you think.

I've hated all of them...Never liked video games postively portraying the gang life...not good for culture.

But a game that basically a dog/cockfighting simulator is morally okay? The basic premise of Pokemon is that you capture and fucking ENSLAVE all different kinds of animals, and fight them for your amusement. People are arrested for that on a daily basis in real life.

Seriously, how is GTA bad for our culture? What a mind-numbingly stupid fucking thing to say. Might as well ban all violent media than, right? That wrestling thing we all like? Get rid of it, men fighting for our entertainment is violent media, is it not?

Seriously, of all the reasons to give, THAT'S the one you choose? What are you, a fundamentalist Christian mother or something? Are you opposed to movies with guns as well?

And i like pokemon. Logical? to me. To you? I'm a moron...But to each his own and another vote for pokemon...

Yep, you sure are. You're just another example of someone who knows absolutely nothing about video games or quality.

No i just never liked the message of GTA. The streets are a bad place for people, Killing people is wrong, and gang life should have no part in video games. I've just always had a hatred for these games..must be a time when i was hardcore into God or something but its still there and thus i hate the games even if im not really religious much anymore...

Even though I voted for Pokemon, I have to say voting against GTA for religous reasons is a load of bullshit. Sure they aren't the most kid friendly games in the world, but it's just a game, nothing more. They aren't promoting killing people, it's just for fun. There is no reason anyone should vote against GTA because it sends a bad message or any shit like that, that's just stupid.

GTA 3 is one of the most important games in the history of video gaming. It introduced the sandbox concept that has given us the greatest games of our era, it defied what it and is not acceptable in games, it forced the emphasis of story to new heights - it dared to be better, and it was. The only way to criticize GTA 3 is for minor graphical and control issues - throw out that kind of crap, and you get a damn near perfect game. I could list its accolades, its sales figures, I could break it all down, but I don't need to - it's just that good, and its sheer ignorance to vote against it.

Pokemon, meanwhile, is a game that survives only on the power of addiction. Look, it's a fun little game - I like the teambuilding concepts that would be used in great effect in other RPGs, it's got a simple, yet effective, story, the combat is again, simple but effective - it's a fun game. The real attraction of Pokemon, however, is the addiction - finding every single Pokemon, leveling them all to their highest points, and doing this endlessly. It spawned an enormous franchise that to this day is still making a shit ton of money. Pokemon Red & Blue is a pair of entertaining games, but really, at the end of the day, they haven't changed the industry (creatively) on the level that GTA 3 did, and they didn't present the sheer level of quality entertainment that GTA 3 did.

Do the right thing, and vote GTA 3.

I said this will be the match of the round and I still can't pick a winner right now. Simply put, they are both cult games that both provided so much to the gaming world.

GTA does not have a cult following. It has broad mass appeal. Pokemon has a cult following. It's fans are dedicated, but beyond the hardcores, who plays it? Everyone who has played video games has played GTA at some point.
The irony is where these two started, they have both sprouted repeat products with newer features but yet everyone still talks about the originals so well.

There is more than one Pokemon game? What the fuck is a Pokemon anyway?
I'm not voting on this one right now because I do treasure both games well. GTA3 was ground breaking for future games on the PS2 and after but Pokémon gives a good long lasting ability on handheld and the best part is that it's interactive with other players.

But GTA doesn't need to be interactive. It is an entirely immersive world where you don't need a mission to play. Plus, you can make a fucking tank fly.
Both have cult followings and were the must have games to own, a tight one to decide really. I'll give an answer later in the week.

Seriously, Pokemon is not a must own game, it's a niche phenomenon that is getting more smoke blown that it deserves.

What the hell, I'm going with Pokemon. It has made more of an impact that GTA 3

I like you General, but this not true at all.

and I actually thought it was more fun. It is easily the best gameboy game ever,

Zelda.

you can't say the same about GTA and XBOX or PS3. I know GTA is known as the "better" game, but I'll vote for whoever the hell I want to.

Good, vote for whomever you choose, but realize that GTA has left a lasting legacy and Pokemon is the pet rock of this generation.

No i just never liked the message of GTA. The streets are a bad place for people, Killing people is wrong, and gang life should have no part in video games. I've just always had a hatred for these games..must be a time when i was hardcore into God or something but its still there and thus i hate the games even if im not really religious much anymore...

Imagine this statement on a wrestling board....It's not real. It's a game. Entertainment, in all it's forms, is about escape. When someone is in a bad mood, this game is therapy.

I don't think that you gave bad reasons for not voting GTA by any means. If that's what you feel than fine. But if you look at any method of comparison, GTA is superior. It has left a better legacy, it's replayability is unquestionable. Free roaming games are ever the same twice, and platformers are exactly the same every time.

GTA is jsut the superior game. In a tournament full of travesties, please, please do the right thing and vote GTA.

Why is this close like this? GTA 3 is so much better of a game. Yeah Pokemon has a cult following, but really how in the world can you consider a handle held game like pokemon better than GTA 3? I know that it's not the most kid friendly game like pokemon, but really how can this be close? X i'm with you

Street violence? Check. Guns? Check. Run people over for cash? Check. Deep and intricate missions? Check. Most importantly, prostitutes that heal you? Check and checkmate. GTAIII takes this easily, and it shouldn't even be close. Why? Because deep down there's a raving lunatic in all of us that just wants to hijack a car or tank and just start taking people out. I don't remember the comedians name, but I remember the quote:

"You know driving down a busy street with people on the sidewalk, you ever have that urge just to turn the wheel slightly to the right and just start keeping count of how many you run over. All that is separating you from being a normal person and a madman, is 45 degrees on the wheel."

Funnier in person I realize, but the fact remains GTAIII is the far superior game to Pokemon in every way. Gameplay is far better, a far better variety of objectives and gameplay aspects, and of course GTAIII created the sandbox style where you can go anywhere, anytime and not restricted to certain paths.

So this is an easy choice, GTAIII should win this.

Reactions: X
Never been a huge fan of GTA III, putting it fourth on my list of the big GTA games.

On the other hand, Pokemon was the reason why people bought Game Boy Colors. In fact, it is the reason I bought two. And two copies of the game. Well a Red and a Blue. And I also got a link cord for it. Then I got all 150 pokemon. Then I trained them all up. One the game, and smiled:)

Sure, they both have a task that requires you to work hard and long to get, 100% vs 150 pokemon. But I was much happier to get my Khangskhan, then I was to get the last rampage.

If this tourny told you to forget your blind nostalgia, then Tetris would not be in this tournament.

Vote Pokemon.

GTAIII's my vote. Pokemon beat KOTOR(fuckin' RANCOR!) so I have a grudge against it. Besides, like people have stated, it's kinda weird to vote against it because of religious reasons. Hell, Pokemon came under fire too because apparently "it was demonic imagery" or something. In the end, it's better to vote objectively. I'm not knocking Ellis' position on it since it's his opinion and stuff.

Besdies, GTAIII is the superior game over a glorified paper>scissors>rock engine.

Grand Theft Auto III here. GTA holds a tremendous amount of my time, and life in its hands. I have played that game for countless hours. While its not my most played game ever, it certainly comes in at an easy 2nd. I have played, and played, and played that game some more. I still remember the weapons cheat to this day. (Yeah I used cheats) Grand Theft Auto, all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back