11 Super Smash Bros Melee -v - Ms Pacman 118

?

• Melee

• Ms Pacman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_Players_Ch.jpg

Both great sequels to great games. Who wins? You decide!

220px-Mspacman.png

Well with the other 2 SSB games having tough draws, I know at least one will be able to escape to the next round. Although Ms. Pac-Man is a nice game. I should know since I once bought my mom the little tv plug-in game for Christmas and she still plays it today. However, Super Smash Bros. Melee put a whole new spin on the fighting genre. Not only do you get to see Pikachu light Mario and Link up with Thunder, but you also get to see him do it while on the Cornelia from Star Fox. While most fighting games have a serious presence, SSBM provides a silly, fun side and very unorthodox that includes fighting with Nes' baseball bat and throwing Pokeballs to unleash the power of Pokemon such as Entei or Zapdos or non-power like Goldeen. Yet, it does have a very deep combat system from the unique combos of each characters to various techinques such as L-canceling. Super Smash Bros. Melee while not being of the norm for most fighting games is still one of the best in the genre.

Melee is the best of the series and a game that I have spent tons of hours playing. It has tons of stuff to do whether it's unlocking all the hidden characters or collecting trophies. There was so much to do. The game play was fantastic as was the music and graphics. It's the kind of game that you can play for 100+ hours and not have everything possible to unlock. Ms Pacman was fun for a while and is an iconic game, but there is no way it should go over Melee.

Gotta go with Melee here. Ms Pacman was a fun little upgrade to the original Pacman. Smash Bros Melee was far more than a fun little upgrade. It transformed Smash Bros from a novelty into the huge megaseries it is today by improving upon the original exponentially in every category. It gets my vote because it's more fun to play than Ms Pacman and doesn't get old nearly as quickly, let alone the impact it had during the Gamecube era.

Fuck Miss Pacman, they just slapped a bow on her so female gamers had a character to relate to, and really, what's more relatable than a little yellow circle with a piece missing whose goal is to eat everything in sight?

Seriously though, Melee gets my vote. Not only did it improve on the original, it VASTLY improved on the original, adding tons of characters, new stages, new items, and even new game modes. It also added the trophy collection aspect of the game, which, while kind of dopey, gave gamers just one more challenge to fight for. It also added more moves, like the side+b more, which meant more awesome special attacks for each Nintendo legend.

Melee is, in my opinion, the best of the Super Smash Bros games, while Ms. Pacman is barely an improvement over the original. Vote SSBM

Melee is, in my opinion, the best of the Super Smash Bros games, while Ms. Pacman is barely an improvement over the original. Vote SSBM

Just want to stop you there, Jiggles. I voted for SSBM as well, but Miss Pac-Man isn't just Pac-Man with a bow. It started out as a bootleg Pac-Man hack called Crazy Otto, but Midway was impressed enough with it to work with the modders and turn it into a real Pac-Man game. It improved on the original in many ways - More complex mazes, vastly improved AI, and seven seconds of randomized ghost movement at the start of every board, thus making it impossible to map out a game-breaking strategy, which is what made the original so easy.

Melee is incredible, yes, but Ms. Pac-Man was a major improvement over the original Pac-Man formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back