Zeb Coulter Helping Get A State Law Passed?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
A law that's been proposed by Zeb Coulter, AKA "Dirty" Dutch Mantel, who's real name is Wayne Maurice Keown, and his daughter unanimously passed by the Tennessee State Senate yesterday. The bill was passed unanimously by the Tennessee House of Representatives sometime last week. Now, it'll go to the desk of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam to sign and, if it's signed into law, will go into effect July 1, 2014.

The law was proposed by Coulter and his daughter, who's name is Amanda Moore, and, if passed, will give judges the ability to use monitoring devices, including trans-dermal monitoring devices, for people who've been convicted crimes related to drugs or alcohol.

The law is called "Amelia's Law" and was named after Coulter's 16 year old granddaughter Amelia Keown. She was killed in a car accident on August 14, 2012 near Knoxville, Tennessee and would have turned 18 in roughly 3 weeks time. The car she was driving was hit head on by a man named John Perkins. Perkins, who was out of prison on parole, was traveling at speeds of 75 miles per hour. Perkins has a lengthy criminal record, which includes several felony convictions, and was found to have both Oxycodone and Methamphetamine in his system at the time.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...roposed-by-uncle-zeb-passes-tennessee-senate/

Oh, thank God. I was hoping by the title of your thread that it wasn't a case of "Kansas state lawmakers have seen the 'Zeb Coulter' character on television and believes that he brings many great arguments to light, including views on immigrants and other minority groups."

you know whats sad,is the fact that this is not even a law yet. So many people so many families,have been destroyed by selfish assholes who decide to drive impaired. I hope all the states follow suit and put this into law immediately. Im from Cali,and no whisper of any of this happening yet.

Sure you have those devices that can installed into your car where you have to blow into a tube to even start your car. But this would be an extra step,some other type of monitor to help control these actions.. I hope its signed into law

It is both amazing, and sad at the same time that a story like this happens. I say this because its both amazing and sad that a lot of wrestling fans don't realise that pro wrestlers or "sports entertainers" are actually some well educated people who have families and lives outside of the wrestling business.

I say this because its both amazing and sad that a lot of wrestling fans don't realise that pro wrestlers or "sports entertainers" are actually some well educated people who have families and lives outside of the wrestling business.

I don't think it's FANS who have that view, its people who don't like wrestling.

The "haters" have extremely prejudiced, hateful views about the performers AND the fans. In fact, I think they would be shocked if they came on this board and saw so many wrestling fans who have the ability to put complete sentences together.

Wow, this is so sad to hear that this happened to his daughter. The fact that he is able to keep his character on TV with this in the back of his mind speaks a lot to his strength. Much respect.

But on this subject, I think it's sad that this hasn't already been well monitored because a few years back I was hit by a drunk driver and totaled my car and my baby brother was with me in the car and we were both hospitalized so this is very personal to me. I'm glad he is working on passing this law. I hope it becomes law sooner rather than later.

Wow, this is so sad to hear that this happened to his daughter. The fact that he is able to keep his character on TV with this in the back of his mind speaks a lot to his strength. Much respect.

But on this subject, I think it's sad that this hasn't already been well monitored because a few years back I was hit by a drunk driver and totaled my car and my baby brother was with me in the car and we were both hospitalized so this is very personal to me. I'm glad he is working on passing this law. I hope it becomes law sooner rather than later.

Hopefully you and your brother are doing better now. Even though it's been a few years, the results could be felt for a lifetime. I hope this is not the case with you or your brother. In New York, we do actually have a law covering this. It's called Leandra's Law. A few years back, in New York City, a mother had driven drunk with about five or six young children. She ended up crashing killing one of the girls, Leandra, who was eleven as well injuring six other children in the car. The father fought and the law bearing her name was passed in 2009. The law makes it an automatic felony from first offense to drive intoxicated with anyone under 15 in the car.

Does anyone know what Wayne's political views are as compared to Zeb's? Carroll O'Conner was the opposite of what Archie Bunker was.

I wonder if Wayne will do a shoot to discuss that after he turns face, which should happen within a year. He must maintain kayfabe, tho, for now

It's a great law, hopefully the fear of being monitored like that will deter some people away and save some lives.

On a wrestling note I hope the RA are still around when this law passed, and that they let Zeb do a promo bragging that he, Zeb Coutler , got a law passed and that people better get ready for more!! We the people!

:p

I think it's a positive thing to be able to hear about someone in the wrestling world doing something other than a sex tape or getting in trouble with the law.

Yes, I know that comment seems rather oxymoronic since I have unabashedly defended some of my favorite wrestlers who have at times done some rather shameful things, however I'm rational enough to know that those disgraces are an aspect that you have to look at as being a negative.

With that said though, considering Mr. Keown's real life tragedy, there's something to be said about the cause he's so greatly behind, and I hope this plan comes to fruition and that these laws can influence other areas of the country in continuing to lock down on those who are irresponsibly using their privileges to drive along their substance use.

I hope that "Amelia's Law" does get passed & hopefully other state govenors take a look at it get passed nationwide.

Over here in the UK, we could do with one of those laws too.

Drivers over here who get caught doing it get there drivers licence taken away, but it does not stop them driving without a licence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back