Zack Ryders Last ReZort (MUST SEE!!!)

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
Do you guys (like me) remember laughing your ass off to zack ryders z true long island story؟ Do you remember (like me) popping when ever zack ryder FINALLY was on raw؟

Then your going to love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgeb2ecCc8&feature=youtu.be

It looks like Zack Ryders trying to push himself through his own videos but this time in a more serious approach, im excited to see what the show is going to be about.

I really hope zack ryder is able to win the fans again because before WWE decided to do nothing with him he was over as fuck.

Here's what I see happening. Ryder will get most - if not all - of his following back through the new YouTube show. These fans will beg to see Zack Ryder on TV with the hope that he might be inserted into a lackluster mid-card division that features one champion who never defends the belt and a second champion who is currently embroiled in a program that's 100% about the dissolution of the tag team he's feuding with. Eventually, the WWE will cave to what the fans want and give him one of the two worthless titles. As a condition of his push, the WWE will demand that Ryder's YouTube show be featured on the WWE Network with ALL the rights to the program being handed over to the company.

From there, Ryder will get involved in a program designed to push Aksana. He'll drop his title after 3 weeks, failing to defend it successfully even one time. The WWE will then let Batista destroy him to further his "hero-killing" push. Ryder won't be seen on TV again for two years. His show will promptly be canceled by the Network.

Then in a couple years, when a young guy is being held down in favor of Bobby Lashley - who has since returned to the company with the promise of headlining WrestleMania - we'll be told how the company knows what's best for business. We'll be reminded how we wanted Ryder to get pushed to the main event scene ... how we stopped caring about him despite the massive push he received ... and how, whoever it is that we want to see pushed at that point in time, is no better than Ryder - and that the fans will stop caring about him once he reaches the top. But to top it off, these same people will remind us how Lashley was a legendary WWE wrestler who sold tickets and deserves the top spot.

I'm not the hugest Ryder fan but I fully respect the shit out of anyone who wants to try and work within their limits and get themselves over. To try and do something timeless and different in wrestling is really hard, but to try and reach out and appeal to the spirit of the age can be done and it's a pleasure to see Ryder try again after coming off the back of his first main run. I'd rather see people fighting for our limited viewing time than assuming that they've earned it (naming no names). Best of luck champ.

Nice to see, but feels like a yawn. If this leads into a mid card faction rising up during a RAW leading into a PPV then I might be interested in more.

Zach Ryder does not have the skills to deliver at a top level. He never did. He had a flash in the pan as one of the first wrestlers to really embrace social media to pub himself, but that's all it ever was, him trying to push himself somewhere.

You can't blame him for trying and a lot of what he said was true. He was popular for a while and was rewarded with a Championship. Maybe that can happen again but I doubt it. Ryder just isn't a star and there are many wrestlers better than him. Maybe he could go to NXT or form a tag-team. Other than that he doesn't have much of a chance.

Ryder is a pretty likeable guy. Hopefully it somewhat works and we can see him more often. He was involved in the main-event of Wrestlemania 24 when he interfered in the Taker/Edge match. That is an impressive feat.

I didn't think much of that video, the same way I didn't with his other videos.
I don't have anything against him, he just doesn't appeal to me.
He's got a personality, he's got his catchphrase and logos (although might be bit old now) I think he could be used in some way.
But when he's in the ring he looks like a little boy. No intensity except when he's trying to make a point, but then it doesn't feel real. He comes across to me as a smiling goof that doesn't look believable beating anyone he faces. And I'm basing that on his look and characteristics, not because I know he's a jobber.

I think his best hope is in a tag team. That's what he should be pitching to them, find a partner and show chemistry. There's a few superstars that need to try out tag teams so mix him up with anyone. Team him up with Santino, if they're gonna put Santino on TV with a meaningless partner might as well be Zack. Miz, Riley, Kofi, Rey, Truth, Tensai, Young... mix and match those guys.
The roster is too big for a lot of these single stars who are never gonna get pushed to the top level.

Zach Ryder does not have the skills to deliver at a top level. He never did. He had a flash in the pan as one of the first wrestlers to really embrace social media to pub himself, but that's all it ever was, him trying to push himself somewhere.

Who said he had to be a top guy? Why does everyone think you have to either be a top guy or you're nothing? Geez. Ryder would be fine in the mid-card. He'd be a better option there than Jack Swagger at this point. Swagger hasn't gotten a reaction on his own in nearly 5 years. Even with Dirty Dutch, the guy struggles to make people give a crap about him. Please explain to me why Jack Swagger in the midcard is good for business - but putting a guy on TV that actually garners a reaction is bad for business.

I like what he's doing. It shows that he cares and that he's working hard. With the Shield breaking up, I would like to see another trio. Initially, I thought Miz, Ziggler and somebody else. I would mind seeing Ryder with them. He's honing his craft with these videos and he's getting beefier. Even if it doesn't turn into a huge push, it could become something else, like a show for the network.

Justinept, he did. He said he dreamed of being a champion. Well he should just dream on, because there a lot of guys on roster and at NXT that would love to have a chance to show what they have on raw or smack down and most of them are a hell of a lot more talented than Zach Ryder.

Swagger has been in the tag team ranks for quite a while, he is only a mid carder because of the his tag team partner, and thar will be short lived. Now tell me why Ryder deserves a spot on the show over guys like ADR or Dolph or Miz, or even guys like Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville. Ryder had a chance and no one cared except when Cena and Kane were carrying him through their angle.

Justinept, he did. He said he dreamed of being a champion. Well he should just dream on, because there a lot of guys on roster and at NXT that would love to have a chance to show what they have on raw or smack down and most of them are a hell of a lot more talented than Zach Ryder.

Wow. Just wow. So because he dreamed of being a WWE Champion - just like EVERY wrestler in the history of wrestling has done - that means he can't possibly be successful in the mid-card. Good story.

Jake Roberts also dreamed of being a World Champion. So did Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Scott Hall ... and just because they weren't WWE Championship material, that meant their careers were shit, and they never should've been on TV. This is basically what you're saying...

And if watching John Cena for the past 10 years is any indication, you don't need to exhibit actual wrestling talent to get to the top. Del Rio is one of the most technically sound guys on the roster, and he can't get over to save his life. The only thing you need is an ability to connect with an audience. So until your NXT guys actually walk down the ramp, get into the ring and connect with the crowd on a Monday Night Raw, then they aren't deserving of shit. And if you're going to deny that Ryder did just that - connected with the audience - before the WWE screwed him, then you can go read my first post in the thread because it applies to you.

If you really think Zach Ryder is anywhere near as talented as those guys you listed, you are completely clueless.

It's not about talent, kid. It's about garnering a reaction from the audience. That's why he's better than ADR. That's why he's better than Adrian Neville and any other guy on the NXT roster right now. It's why he's better than Big E, Titus O'Neil and half the other mid-card guys that the fans view as glorified bathroom breaks.

In terms of reaction, Ryder is relative to the old-school guys I mentioned. His reaction isn't near Cena's or Bryan's. It never reached where Punk was. The love he got from the audience doesn't compare to the level of hatred the fans show Orton, Triple H or Batista. But then, the guys I mentioned never reached the levels of Hogan, Savage, Warrior, or any of the other legitimate top guys in the WWF during that time period. Nope. Those guys simply got good reactions from the crowd and were put in the mid-card because of it. That's where Ryder belongs.

If you really think that Ryder was 'pushed' in late 2011, then you're crazy. He lost the IC belt in his lone defense, a squash match. He got brutalized by Kane with no pay-off. He was made a fool by Eve with no pay-off. He was written off TV all February that year. He has barely been seen since April of that year. Hell, the WWE STOLE his YouTube show and then canceled it. If that's a push, then I'd hate to see how you'd bury a guy.

Yes, Ryder was over with the fans, but WWE stopped using him because he's a talentless hack... He was only over because of his stupid show, which i didn't find that funny in the first place. It was him whining about being mis-used. To be honest, almost everyone is mis-used in WWE. A lot of guys are way more talented then Ryder, like Sandow and Ziggler are being buried constantly. I'm not going to watch the clip for this show, it will be as bad as his last one.

Zack Ryder won't get pushed again.. If they were going to push him, it would of happened in 2011.. WWE out-smarted all of you.. They gave you guys exactly what you wanted, they gave Zack Ryder the US. Title, then you gave up on him. Look back, Ryder's popularity started going down after he won the title.. Once the fans get what they want, they don't care anymore.. WWE was never really invested into Ryder, they used him to make money via merch sales, then buried him and his merch still sold perfectly fine.. WWE are geniuses.

I see people calling Ryder a flash in the pan or someone who only got over because of an Internet show. For the former the jury is still up since a lot of him dropping out of the public spectrum was due to bad booking and creative decisions.

As for him getting over because of his internet show. Considering he wasn't being given TV time what is wrong with that? He needed to find a way to get over and used what was out there to market himself. There's nothing wrong with that unless you feel mot companies are wrong to use social media (youtube, twitter) to promote and market their products.

Now I am not saying Ryder is the most talented guy in the roster or even WWE Championship material. But he deserved to have a consistent spot in the mid card because of how over he was and his merchandise sales plus he was ok in the ring and had decent promo skills. He was fun to watch and a lot of fans caught on to him.

Guys like Jim Duggan and Santino had all good runs despite being not being Championship material, why? It's because fans enjoyed them. Same with Ryder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back