Zack Ryder......long haul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giblet55

Occasional Pre-Show
So I, like most people, never really paid attention to Zack Ryder until he began campaigning on youtube for exposure. Sure, I knew who he was when he was one of Edge's stooges, but beyond that, no.

Now, after months of campaigning on youtube and putting himself out there, he's on TV on a pretty regular basis. For pete's sake, another poster in another thread brought up how "We Want Ryder," was chanted for 5 straight minutes in a main event dark match.

My question, "How long can Ryder stay relevant?"

Face it, Ryder's gimmick is corny, and can easily grow stale and with some, I'm sure he already has. Some characters can just hold on forever, but I don't feel his is one of them. In what ways can Ryder evolve to keep himself in the spotlight? What can he do to avoid losing everything he's worked so hard for?

Do you ever see Ryder being anything more than mid-card status?

My idea, and this idea only works if his hold on the fans proves to be pure and not just because they feel sorry for him or feel he's worked hard, is to push Ryder to the sky and then when it's proven that he can hold his own, that the fans buy into him, turn him heel on someone that's helped him get there....Cena would work if the fans still loved him....or Have Cena lose his match with the Rock at Mania, have Ryder come out to pick Cena up and be there for him. Have Cena snap delivering AA's to him over and over, throw him around ringside for a bit. Fans would surely rally behind Ryder in an instant and who hasn't been salivating for a Cena heel turn?

This could only work though if Ryder continues to climb. It would be nice if Ryder was already holding the U.S. Title at this point and either won it from Dolph at Mania or was defending it at Mania(A few wins defending the title to Dolph before this angle with Cena would be crucial).

Thoughts?

We have enough threads on Ryder in the Raw section, where they belong. Another one is not needed.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back