Your Top 10 Games Of The Decade.

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
As the decade comes to a close in the very near future, I think this is a good chance for us to discuss what have been our favorite games from the past 10 years. They can be from any gaming system, there is absolutely no restrictions.

Here's my top 10:

10) Pokemon Gold/Silver - This is my opinion the best all-round Pokemon game ever created. The selection of new Pokemon, gyms and towns made this not only a challenge but an extremely addictive one. I remember getting this along with a green Gameboy Colour on my 10th birthday and going nuts! The new remake of Gold is suppose to be excellent as well... it could well be the reason why I pick myself up a pre-owned Nintendo DS.

9) Resident Evil 5 - Whilst the latest chapter in the Resident Evil franchise wasen't Capcom's strongest outing, it's still one mightly fine game. Graphically it was incredible, the gameplay was fun and well tuned whilst the African setting was a complete contrast to the dark, dank rural Spainish village we saw in RE4. Sheva was the biggest new feature to the game and as a co-op experience, this is up there with the very best on current generation consoles.

8) Need for Speed: Shift - The Need for Speed franchise needed a kick up the arse and a complete make-over after the fucking dreadful Undercover installment. Thankfully, Shift was not only the best all round Need for Speed game of all time, it's also one of the most complete racers you can buy today. A great career mode, combined with the amazing graphics and superb gameplay made this racer a must have for me, and the online modes are both addictive and very well done. This is one of my favourite racers of all time.

7) Formula 1 2005 - This was the best PS2 F1 game ever. But thats not why this is in my top 10... I was fucking amazing at this game. So amazing infact, that when I entered a challenge at Silverstone in 2005, I came 3rd out of 15,000, and was 0.4 of a second off getting an expenses paid VIP trip to that years Japanese Grand Prix. As for the game, it was fun, addictive, with a great career mode and had some of the best handling I've ever experience from a game.

6) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - If Modern Warfare 2 had failed, this would of been in my top 3, no doubt. But, MW2 trumps this in every department so unfortunately for COD4, it's a lonely number 6. This still remains one of the most important shooters of recent times, as it's paved the way for future FPS' to follow. With it's cinematic, almost Hollywood style action and an insanely addictive multiplayer mode, this was completely different to anything seen previously. A true masterpiece.

5) Gears of War - This game was the single reason why I got a Xbox 360 way back in 2006. It was, at the time, the best looking game ever! It's cover based gameplay was so fun, I remember blasting my way through the campaign on Christmas Day alone. Plus this game has led the way for future installments into one of the biggest new franchises in recent memory.

4) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - This was the most fun I have ever had from a sandbox game. It was just so completely insane and outlandish, even at the tender age of 13, I couldn't help but be amazed by it. San Andreas as a setting was just incredible, and there was so much to do. This has to be up there as one of the very best games of all time.

3) Gears of War 2 - This game was huge! I fucking adored the campaign, and blasted through it on Hardcore difficulty in roughly a couple of days, playing untill the late hours of the morning. The graphics were improved (if that was possible), the gameplay had been finely tweaked and the new features made this game of the best games on the Xbox 360. I dislike GOW's multiplayer, but that dosen't stop this game (based entirely on the campaign) from being in my top 3. Incredible stuff!

2) Resident Evil 4 - This game will always be special to me, as it was just so damn good. I can't recall a single fault with it. It was just so good. I was 14 when I got this, and I remember being just so addicted to it. It still remains the game I've completed the most, I believe the number to be roughly 6. Twice on the Gamecube, Three times on the PS2 and once on the Wii. Just incredible! I fucking love this game! Leon Kennedy remains my favourite gaming character of all time.

1) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Never in my life have I been so damn hyped up about a game. It's the only game I've ever gone to a midnight launch for. It will probably be my most played game ever and I can't wait to play this online every day of my life for the next few years. This is the perfect game to me. My game of the decade... no question about it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back