Your least favorite performance from an actor/character

JWGunslinger

Warrior Forever
I've been re watching Breaking Bad in it's entirety because my fiancé didn't watching it with me when it was still running. And while I'm sure most of you will understand if not agree with me on this, Anna Gunn(Skylar on BB) is unbearable. It's not just her character but her acting drives me nuts as well, she makes what is otherwise one of my favorite shows ever hard to watch with any scene she's in. They could've put Tilda Swinton in as her and I would be less opposed to Skylar, and that's saying a lot because Swinton creeps me out.

So I ask of you all, who is one character and or actor that might have gotten on your nerves or ruined a show/movie?

Oh easy, Hud in Cloverfield.

I re-watched it recently and was close to switching it off because of how distracting and annoying the character was. That you don't see him for 99.5% of the film is a bit of a blessing but his ridiculous attempts to ease the tension and pester one of the females just drove me mad.

In a close second is the groom in Rec 3 who dons a suit of armour while facing zombies, then proceeds to try and hide as much as possible while wearing the fucking thing. If you're going to hide, don't wear a clunky and noisy suit of armour. If you want to be a hero, fight through the zombies with the suit on rendering their biting and scratching all but useless. In the end he did neither and the Rec franchise suffered a huge setback.

Bain in TDKR. I didn't care for this villain much. He was effective, just cartoonishly portrayed and fake.

Ashton Kutcher has ruined Two And A Half Men for me. 2 & A Half is one of my favourite shows and ever since Charlie Sheen got fired, the show has sucked. Kutcher isn't funny and he doesn't have the same chemistry with Alan that Charlie had. They started Walden off on the show as a childish character, which was so annoying, he's gotten serious now but all he ever does is just insult and make fun of Alan for mooching off of him. In fact the whole show has just turned into more sex and more Alan bashing. I still watch Two And A Half Men for Alan, Jon Cryer is carrying that show, but I really hope they just finish it after this season is over or after the next season. No one can replace Charlie Sheen, afterall the show was created and based on his real life bad boy image.

Honorable mention goes to Nia Long (Lisa Wilkes) in season 5 of Fresh Prince Of Bel Air (another one of my favourite shows). She didn't completely ruin season 5 for me but I just didn't like her. There was just something about her that irked me and she wasn't funny either. I think it would've been better if they had brought back Tyra Banks' character from Philly and she got back together again and stayed with Will in Bel-Air. They would've made a really funny couple on the show.

Anna Gunn as Skylar from Breaking Bad is probably the one character who annoyed me the most, especially once she found about Walter's operation. The woman who plays Bertha in Two and a Half Men is rather annoying too, don't find her funny in the slightest. Melissa Suzanne McBride who plays Carol in The Walking Dead is unbearable to me as well, especially as the show progresses in the later seasons. There are a lot more but those three are my most recent ones.

Christian Bale as Batman. I saw the first Dark Knight movie and refused to watch any of them since.
I could not stand him in the role.
A lot of it had to do with the voice. I thought he sounded more like a villain than a hero.
I know I'm not alone in that and I shouldn't be.
If you enjoyed him in the role then good for you but he took me out of the whole movie.

Christian Bale as Batman. I saw the first Dark Knight movie and refused to watch any of them since.
A lot of it had to do with the voice. I thought he sounded more like a villain than a hero.
I know I'm not alone in that and I shouldn't be.
If you enjoyed him in the role then good for you but he took me out of the whole movie.

I can appreciate his voice change being a bit distracting but I think the deeper voice was a good decision given his more affable tone as Bruce Wayne. It is repeated many times during the Bale/Nolan trilogy that batman is a symbol of fear to criminals (or those who would strike fear in others) and he simply needed a voice to match his alter ego.

His first attack as batman in the dockyard during Begins is brilliant because it is filmed in a way that he is just a black shape beating the shit out of goons. If you watch that scene then watch any other with Bruce Wayne speaking in his usual voice, you'll see why Wayne keeping the same voice would be awful.

Plus, if it was Begins that put you off the TDK trilogy then you did yourself a disservice by not watching the second which will still be revered as one of the few sequels to better the prequel for many years to come.

Dowds said:
Oh easy, Hud in Cloverfield.

Ditto. TJ Miller is spectacularly unfunny, so naturally, he's a real-life comedian.

When I read the title of this thread, my immediate thought was:

cableguy.jpg

Jim Carrey in The Cable Guy

I think this is Jim Carrey's worst perfromance to date. Carrey was on a real hot streak at this point in his career, so much so that even my mom went with me when I watched this at the cinema. Afterwards, even she thought his performance sucked. Granted, even if Carrey had put on a stellar performance, it wouldn't have been enough to salvage this steaming pile of cinematic excrement. However, the entire movie blew momentously.

Sometimes, creepy can be funny, but it's very hard to pull off. This movie didn't pull it off. Jim Carrey just looked like a creepy, unfunny schmuck in this film.

Scout Taylor-Compton's Laurie Strode from Rob Zombie's Halloween 2.

The movie itself is a big schizophrenic turd, and Taylor-Compton's Laurie's is a whiny brat throughout the movie. I actually like Taylor-Compton as an actress, but Laurie is unbearable in the sequel.

It's almost a tie, but Michael Stahl-David's Rob annoyed the shit out of me in Cloverfield. He's a selfish douchebag. What type of man leads his friends in an ill-fated mission against a monster to save a woman (Beth) he couldn't stand in the early stages of the movie? On top of that, there's the scene, where Hud is trying to grieve for Marlena's death after that fiasco with the soldiers and scientists in that camp setup at the mall. But Rob pops out of nowhere to rush Hud and suck it up, because "WE HAVE TO SAVE BETH!!!" What a tool.

Honorable (and random) mention for Eric Da Re's Chris (Laura's brother) from Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out! The movie is mediocre at best, but Da Rae's performance and character are worthless in the grand scheme of things, because Chris is a clueless lug.

I saw the first Dark Knight movie and refused to watch any of them since.
Tell me about the cheap east coast tour packages.

John Travolta in Basic. I mean hell the entire movie itself was confusing at first, probably took a couple times watching it to grasp an understanding of it.

Will Smith as Muhammad Ali. Sorry didn't buy it. He is too relaxed, talks too slow to actually be Muhammad Ali. The fact he got an Oscar nod for that absolutely stuns me.

The film itself was a let down, a more complete film would have been better discussing his fight with Parkinsons, I saw nothing concerning his mother, it just felt rushed and incomplete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back