Your Guilty Pleasure Television Show

My guilty pleasure tv shows are both 90's television shows and are both hand drawn these are two shows that i still watch on a continuous basis. They are both cartoons and appeal to a younger audience. I now will begin to tell you what these two cartoons are and why i love them so much.

First off its Disney's Recess. I have loved this show since i was 7 and its basically been on the air since i started watching it. I have caught all reruns in their entirety. I have found a connection to this show through the characters because they were written so well. For example, their passion for recess and playing outdoors as well as their hatred for doing school work could relate to the average kid. And their adventures were always fun to watch.

Lastly, Rugrats i've watched this show since i was three years old. It was definately my favorite Nickelodeon cartoon. It was always very fun to watch the babies let their imaginations run wild in their many adventures. I cant reall explain much about it but if you were a 90's kid who watched this show you felt the same connection to the show and its characters. Even when adapted to film this show has never lost its charm and that has made it so great. Its this charm that made it untouchable to any other Nickelodeon competition.

In conclusion these were among my favorite childhood shows and still stand as my guilty pleasures. But i guess its alright to have these pleasures since these shows always made us feel good in the end.

I'm guessing everybody in this thread will know my guilty pleasure television show. I simply have one and that is the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show. I have been watching this show since i was 8 and im 17 now. Bugs Bunny is my favorite television series character of all time but im sure you all know that.

The wacky and crazy stunts that each and everyone of the characters pull in just about every episode is what has made me stick to this show. To me other than (Mickey Mouse) Bugs Bunny has been a pioneer to the cartoon business and continues to be a big draw in that field of television. So for me Bugs Bunny is my guilty pleasure and always will be.

A guilty pleasure of mine would have to be Rob and Big/Fantasy Factory, over the summer my brother started watching the reruns a lot and since I had nothing better to do I would hang out with him watching the episodes and it turned out to be rather hilarious and not the typical MTV2 bullshit where a bunch of girls are bitching to each other about stupid things and other garbage. Somehow a skateboarder that was completely unknown to me was able to get into hilarious shit with his bodyguard and always seemed to have something new going on whether it be buying a mini horse, messing with his younger cousin, or basically any other shenanigans you can think of. It is a reality show but its about a guy some people can relate to, he just acts like a normal crazy guy and does whatever.

Another show off of the MTV2 that is a bit of a new guilty pleasure of mine would have to be the Hard Times of RJ Berger that showed its first season this summer. Its a show about a nerdy high school guy that is continually trying to get a girl and deal with school but also has a giant dick and somehow even that doesn't seem to help him get any action. Overall it simply brings me back to the days of old in high school where things made much more sense.

Pretty Little Liars

Oh my, how glorious season 1 was! The show centers around a group of rich teenage girls. There's lots of subplots revolving around each character and there are tons of twists and turns. It's edgy and cheesy all at the same time and it makes for great tv.

Since I may be the 1 of 16 people that have ever actually seen the show- I'm not sure how the ratings were so I'm in a panic that the show will be cancelled before they begin taping season 2. I recently discovered that this show is based on a novel series, which means that I can still find out what happens even if the show is cancelled.

Every Friday I watch the E show The Soup with Joel McHale. I usually don't care about celebrity gossip shows, but this show shows some of the funniest clips from television shows of the week. Sometimes they will even show some bad clips from Raw or Smackdown.

I suppose it's Masterchef. I'm not a big fan of cookery shows. In fact, on most occasions I'll go out of my way to avoid them. I absolutely cannot stand shows like Nigella's Kitchen or ANYTHING with Jamie Oliver (If He Comes on my Television, I MUST turn it off). But i do enjoy the crap out of Masterchef and it's spin-offs.

Masterchef is a pretty simple programme, essentially a group of wannabe cooks, enter a kitchen and go through a series of tests, that involve cooking, showing their passion, tasting amongst other things. Anyway, they are judged by Gregg Wallace & John Torode, two experts on food. Anyway, the soap opera esc, level of drama, the music and just the food itself, keep me entertained for the good hour it's on.

Jersey Shore. I normally would frown on these types of reality show as I personally dont like the party lifestyle, its overrated, it sucks and I think everyone who lives the party lifestyle is secretly gay. Plus they all think they're better than everyone else especially Snooki. When she got her ass knocked out, everyone was acting like she didnt deserve it. Well no matter what anybody says, whether she's a girl or not, her fatass deserved it. She shouldnt have been all up in the guys face & giving him lip in the first place. And 2 weeks ago when some guy was hitting on Snooki & Jwoww, as ridiculous as the guy was and he did deserve a bashing for his embarrassing flirting but for Snooki to just go and say "he clearly fucks his sister" was over the line. Jersey Shore just reminds me of all the crap that I despise & see on the streets all the time. But as some members mentioned already, the drama & the girls are just hard to keep away from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back