Yet Another Unpopular Wrestling Opinions Thread

-Brock Lesnar has less than five moves of doom and people love him.

-Roman Reigns is born to be champion.

-Ziggler, Swagger, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Bryan (2011), Del Rio and Big Show becoming World Heavyweight Champions from 2010-2013 ruined the belt.

-Great Khali could have been a big deal.

-Edge and Jeff Hardy were never that good as wrestlers in-ring.

-Dean Ambrose oversells.

-Seth Rollins is the best in the ring in the WWE right now.

-Seth Rollins is better than both Reigns and Ambrose combined in every aspect as a superstar.

-Triple H should hold the belt till Summerslam, defend it like Lesnar did every two PPVs and drop it to Rollins there.

-AJ Styles is a future WWE World Champion and him being in the WWE is something like when Flair came in the WWF in 1991.

If Roman Reigns was turned heel and allowed to tell every pencil-necked mouth breathing mutant what he thought of them for booing him, he would be the top performer in the industry.

I din't get why people hate Roman yet ignore that Cesaro has the same damn problem. Cesaro is 10 times worse on the mic than Roman.

- CM Punk was abysmal in WWE until he turned heel in '09
- Same with Bryan except change the year to '12
- Mic skills are vastly overrated and as for in ring skills a talent just has to be good enough that their stuff doesn't injure their opponent. The thing that really matters is how well they connect with their audience.
- The fact I can't count how many losses The Big Show has to his name is a crime.
- I'm officially over the Superkick. At this point every wrestler minus 1 or 2 should be banned from using it, same with Suicide Dives.
- Wrestlers that can't sell properly are wrestlers I have no interest in watching (big men and giants not included)
- The Miz needs to be higher on the card. He's arguably the most underrated performer in WWE.

- Mic skills are vastly overrated and as for in ring skills a talent just has to be good enough that their stuff doesn't injure their opponent. The thing that really matters is how well they connect with their audience.

Somewhat agreed in that what people give an actual shit about is characters.

- The Miz needs to be higher on the card. He's arguably the most underrated performer in WWE.

Yes and no. He's fine where he is, but he is underrated.

I din't get why people hate Roman yet ignore that Cesaro has the same damn problem. Cesaro is 10 times worse on the mic than Roman.

Cesaro oozes charisma and is a polyglot; his first few months were awesome - yes, even on the mic. Just his trolly-ass smirk is enough to show his personality. But opinions and to each his own I guess.

It's giving the star the exposure. Not just in terms of being a badass but in terms of giving them an outlet to say "this is who I am". I think YouTube and the Network are great for this kind of stuff but you can't say fairer than a decent interview or two on Raw.

If Roman Reigns was turned heel and allowed to tell every pencil-necked mouth breathing mutant what he thought of them for booing him, he would be the top performer in the industry.

I doubt it, though he would most assuredly be better off in the long term. The guy comes across as not ready for that aspect of the job. It's not that he has to read from a script; everyone there does. It's that he is incapable of reading the lines and understanding the tone he should be hitting. Every promo of his is pitch deaf, stumbling over the clever phrases written for him. He's just not cut out for the mic.

Cesaro has a language barrier that he works around admirably. Roman has the charisma of a potato (with very nice hair, mind you).

DirtyJosé;5426657 said:
Cesaro has a language barrier that he works around admirably. Roman has the charisma of a potato (with very nice hair, mind you).

Doesn't excuse Cesaro. They both suck on the mic. Roman trips up. Cesaro talks very slowly, montone and trips up. The language barrier is his problem.

Cesaro oozes charisma and is a polyglot; his first few months were awesome - yes, even on the mic. Just his trolly-ass smirk is enough to show his personality. But opinions and to each his own I guess.

Cesaro doesn't ooze charisma. He has impressive but not unique strength. He doesn't really play with the crowd (beyond the swing teasing). I already covered his lack of talking ability. A smirk isn't a personality. Roman freaking smirks all the time.

Keep in mind, I like both of them. It's annoying when people give excuses for Cesaro because he is better in the ring.

I don't understand what's impressive about Shane possibly being a human rag doll for Undertaker.

- I'm officially over the Superkick. At this point every wrestler minus 1 or 2 should be banned from using it, same with Suicide Dives.

There is literally nothing Unpopular about this opinion. I hear this stated so many times on this board that it nauseates me.

The unpopular side of this opinion has already been addressed in this thread:

High volumes of super kicks aren't a bad thing and its not an overused move, I'd rather see people call for less closed hand punches than less super kicks(at least the kicks are a legal move and most guys don't look like shit when they throw them).

If his return surprised you in this day and age, that alone is impressive.
The fact that he would quit his dads company, go out on his own and make millions of dollars, then come back to wrestle a match that's just been thrown together like fucking spaghetti at the wall and wrestle in a god damn Hell In A Cell no less where he is more than likely going to take some crazy unnecessary bump, at his age and with his wealth, that is kind of surprising actually.

I will struggle to buy into AJ Styles all the while he has the facial expression of that guy who says "I totally am gonna beat him up for what he said about my Mum 2 hours ago, you wait, what do you mean he's gone home? I was gonna hit him! I nearly did!"

-JBL is the best commentator in the WWE at the moment. I honestly don't see how people dislike him.The crap he says is so ridiculous you have to laugh. Dick person but.

- CM Punk is the most overrated wrestler in history. Well more post pipe bomb promo as I remember even during unforgiven 2008 people on here were making some good posts about him but weren't saying he is the bees knees.His moves look ticklish at best and that's when he actually looks like he hits the 1% of strikes he does. Actually all his moves bar the occasional anaconda vise look crap.

- Bray Wyatt should still be taking on Brock Lesnar at Mania.

- WCW, with proper management, would be here instead of WWE if one were to close down during the Monday Night Wars.

If his return surprised you in this day and age, that alone is impressive.

Not really. Is it surprising to see him? Yeah. Do I think it makes sense for him to get in the ring w Taker upon his return? No. I'd be surprised if Eugene returned. Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea to see him fight at Wrestlemania.

Not really. Is it surprising to see him? Yeah. Do I think it makes sense for him to get in the ring w Taker upon his return? No. I'd be surprised if Eugene returned. Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea to see him fight at Wrestlemania.

I said it was impressive that they can still surprise us at that magnitude, especially with the dirt sheets spoiling every little thing nowadays. I never said it was logical for Shane to face Taker, although I think there's a very good chance that Shane's not the one who ends up wrestling at Mania.

To be honest, I don't think many people are that excited about Shane/Taker when it comes to the actual match.

Yup, it is my professional opinion as the only one on this board with a degree that could clarify it that there have only been 3 people who have ever single handedly drawn people to a show since hulkamania.

This post may have made me hate you, but I'm biting anyway. What degree do you have that qualifies you to decide who has drawn since Hulk Hogan? An MBA in professional wrestling?

This post may have made me hate you, but I'm biting anyway. What degree do you have that qualifies you to decide who has drawn since Hulk Hogan? An MBA in professional wrestling?

tumblr_nufn9emntC1qgx5x6o1_1280.jpg

I'm a statistician, and most of the evidence that people supply to state that other people either are or aren't draws is usually bullshit to me. There's too many factors to consider, so without a proper analysis I can't say anyone but the big three are draws. Professional wrestling isn't an area any people have studied, which is the opposite of the impression you'd get if you had a debate with some of these people.

I'm a statistician, and most of the evidence that people supply to state that other people either are or aren't draws is usually bullshit to me. There's too many factors to consider, so without a proper analysis I can't say anyone but the big three are draws. Professional wrestling isn't an area any people have studied, which is the opposite of the impression you'd get if you had a debate with some of these people.

Wasn't Andre a draw?

Except you have historians like Matt Farmer and Dave Meltzer among others who have looked into pro wrestling and have produced lists of wrestlers who were bonafide draws. Though I can see your hesitancy to accept some modern wrestlers as true draws given the drawing power of big promotions post 90's.

Well I did say post hogan, and historians have no credentials in mathematics. It doesn't matter how long you've been watching wrestling in this case if you have nothing that can legitimately back it up. For almost every reasoning behind someone being a "draw" alone, there's an equal reason to explain why they aren't - the exceptions being Hogan, Rock and Stone Cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back