Yabba Dabba Do! The Flinstones turn 50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8thwotwATG

The Big Boss
I'm showing my age here a bit, but I wanted to give a shout out on behalf of one of the greatest cartoons of all time, and one of my personal favorites, The Flintstones. Airing in the fall of 1960, The Flintstones, for the benefit of younger posters here who may not be familiar with them, were based upon the classic pioneer sitcom of the 1950's, the Honeymooners. Fred Flintstone, his wife Wilma, his best friend Barney Rubble and Barneys wife Betty were next door neigbors in the town of Bedrock. This cartoon was the first cartoon to air on prime time television as opposed to Saturday morning, and managed to draw some of the most famous guest star voices of its time, notably Ann Margaret. Additionally, it was also probably the first cartoon to be presented in a sitcom format, some thirty years before the Simpsons, Family Guy and all of the modern cartoons. I raise my glass in a toast to Hanna Barbera, the late Alan Reed, Mel Blanc, Jean Vanderpyl, Bea Benaderet, and all the others who had a part in bringing the Flintstones to life. Happy 50th!!!!
P.S. My favorite episode was from the first season in which Fred and Barney share a pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back