Y2J Returns Tonight!

I would absolutely love to see a return of Y2J in Boston on the 900th RAW. I've missed the King of the World, and feel Jericho's current heel gimmick has been brilliant, but has run its course. The fans want it clearly, the past several RAWs there have been loud "Y2J!" chants and I do think WWE will have to listen eventually and turn him. Now, just read that Randy Orton has suffered another shoulder injury so they'll have to gauge that and if it's serious enough that Orton will miss any kind of time, then I think they need to turn Jericho at least to cover for that as - as someone already mentioned - RAW could use some faces.

I would love to see Y2J return tonight, although, I wonder how it's gonna happen...

Jericho is not a hypocrite, so he can't just go back to being a face, can he? Cause that would just make him a HUGE hypocrite.

I'm not sure if it's gonna happen, I don't even read what's happening with the 900th RAW, cause I want it be a surprise. We'll see what happens. ;)

Jericho is not a hypocrite, so he can't just go back to being a face, can he? Cause that would just make him a HUGE hypocrite.

That is the point I'm going with. I know the E doesn't always go with their own storylines, but I just can't buy Jericho, calling all of the fans hypocrites and parasites for over a year, turning face and playing with the audience again.

Right now Raw has the following faces that Jericho could put over as a heel:

Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
John Morrison
R-Truth
Yoshi Tatsu
Tyson Kidd
David Hart Smith

Any of those guys would benefit from a decent feud, going over Jericho.

I'm sure everybody would love Chris Jericho to go back Face, hell, I would like it if he went back face, but to be honest I think Chris Jericho at this point in his career turning face would be very risky. Because like what somebody else said, Chris Jericho returned in 2007 to a HUGE reaction, but then only after a feud with Randy Orton he dropped right back off the map and straight back into the upper mid-card. Chris Jericho's face character (in my opinion) has the characteristics of an upper mid-card wrestler. Chris Jericho's heel character (in my opinion) has the characteristics of an Main Event character.

Chris Jericho even said at this point in his career he would not mind losing or putting over guys because he feels he has done just about everything there is to do in the wrestling business. As a heel he can put over guys like; Daniel Bryan, David Hart Smith, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, R-Truth, and Tyson Kidd. As a face he does not have much to work with other then; Zack Ryder, The Nexus, and The Miz. So if you guys don't get what I am trying to say he has more people he can put over as a Heel then he does as a Face and that's what Chris Jericho at this point in his career wants to do.

Chris Jericho is very versatile he can do a heel character or a face character and can get over BIG with the crowd, but I just don't see why he would want to put his "Main Event status" in jeopardy when he could use it to put over the next generation of stars. Chris Jericho (as his heel character) does the best work he has possibly done in his entire career (he even said so himself) so why just drop something that has been successful and has done you good for the last two years and go back to something that's going to just get you back to square one? I don't see the point. You have Randy Orton (as a tweener more over as a face), John Cena, Triple H, and Daniel Bryan over has Faces those guys alone are good enough for the Faces. So to rap this up... We would all love Chris Jericho to go back face, but in all honesty I think it would be VERY RISKY for Jericho as this point to go face. He should stay Heel where he can put over younger guys and continue to do his best work he been doing for a while now.

I think WWE has never truly pulled the trigger on a face Y2J in the main event scene. In 2000-2001 when he was a face he had Rock, Austin, Taker etc in the top pictures so Y2J was IC champ and upper mid-card. Then in 2004 he was a face that was mid-card with Benoit, HBK, Orton turning too in the main event scene. When he returned in 2007 the WWE just cocked the whole thing up so i think there is definitely untapped Y2J potential as a main event face.

The problem is obviously he will have to adjust a bit because of the past 2 years of excellent heel work that would be an obstacle in how he interacts with the fans and his promos. Maybe he'll try to justify it by saying the WWE needs it due to the Nexus (although they are in danger of destroying its momentum anyway), its not for you and then slowly he'll warm to them and embrace them again. Obviously he is a bit older now too so a near 40 year old doing the things he did when he was approaching 30 will be a bit wierd and he can't call people assclowns but he is an intelligent guy and clearly knows how to work a crowd.

I'd love to see Y2J again so i'm looking forward to the possibility of seeing him again. But are we jumping the gun? I read online that the main event was altered due to an Orton injury, and he competed in the 6 man tag involving Y2J, so then was it a 1 night thing due to the Orton situation?

Jericho as many of you have said is good either as a heel or face, i think he's better as a heel, but at house shows wwe and every wrestling company tries new things that could be upcoming things for tv. That is one of the goals of the house shows, not just the show itself.

It CAN be a strong signal of Jericho turning face soon, not necessarily tonight but very soon. will it be good? well I really don't see what can Jericho do right now continuing as a heel, sooo turning face will be a bit fresh.

He can feud with Nexus and then maybe a non title interesting rivalry with some young stars to put them over as Jericho has said he wants to do in this stage of his career.

DO IT! Hopefully jericho renews his contract, so he could be that for over a year, and get the title. Raw needs a face, and if cena turns hell, jericho would fit as the face.

Dude Dont Get My Hopes Up. Ive Been Waiting For Jericho To Go Back To Y2J Since He Turned Heel lol. But Seriously He Needs To Go Back To Y2J But He's A Great Wrestlers No Matter What.

Just watch the 2008 rumble when jericho faced jbl, got dqed, and the crowd was going nuts chanting y2j. he goes face, he and orton become top two faces, period. sorry cena. even as a heel y2j is my favorite. To be top face, you need: a sick entrance(his entrance song is best in wwe), to be ridiculous on the mic(there is none better), have great finishers(the code breaker is like austin's stunner, out of nowhere! and walls of jericho, every great wrestler needs to make oppenents tap) and of course the IT factor. I pray Y2j turns and saves us all! He really is the best in the world as of Aug 30, 2010, no one else can compare.

Meh. Not really a huge fan of this idea. I like Y2J as a heel and always have. I think he's one of the better heels in the company but you could easily say he would be one of the better faces as well so it's sort of a wash. Excited to see what happens tonight either way though.

I guess this is great news. I really enjoy Jericho as a heel nonetheless, but a returning face Y2J would definitely be a great thing to watch. Not only because Jericho might slowly run out of things to feud with, but also because it would pretty much balance the six pack challenge with 3 "faces" (Randy being tweener) and 3 heels.

I can't help but imagine what a great promo there will be when Jericho turns face again, if he does that is. I mean it's just a house-show after all, and everything can change. So I'm not counting on anything yet, however I will be marking out like a little fucking kid if he turns face Y2J style tonight.

This is a good thing. Jericho is a great heel, in fact I prefer him as a heel but recently, I've been getting excited as the WWE slowly teased us into wanting to see more & more Y2J. His current gimmick has probably run it's course and I don't really see too many more directions it can go. Jericho is a smart man and if he himself realises that a full-fledged face turn is needed, then I'm sure the WWE will agree with him. Jericho knows how to work a crowd either way and the receptions he's been getting on Raw as of late have proven that the fans themselves want to see Jericho as a face, and by God, I too wish to see Jericho as a face one more time.

Well tonight Jericho said we'll never see Chris Jericho again if he doesn't win at Night of Champions, so perhaps if he doesn't win, we'll see Y2J after that.

Since he is getting cheered everywhere even if he's still talking shit to the fans, I say bring back face Y2J. They did that with Randy and Austin back in the day, they saw that the fans constantly cheered for them even though they're heels.

I think Jericho will remain a heel for the PPV because he will probably lose the match and quit in storyline. It seems as if Jericho will be indeed taking some time off from WWE for a couple of months, which I have no problem because Jericho does need to have his own time to do other things and spend time with his family. I think when Jericho does return he will be a face for sure and we will see Y2J show the assclowns that RAW is Jericho!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, so much for Y2J coming back. He is one of the best wrestlers in the world and the best heel in the business. He will most likely lose at the PPV and take some time off...or move to TNA which would be a huge mistake.

I would rather see Jericho stay with the WWE in any role they can find for him.

Fozzy is going to be touring the UK in October, so Jericho will more than likely lose at Night of Champions and take some time off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back