X's Random Match Thoughts

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
I'm just going to use this thread to post short blurbs about matches that I watch and rate, but don't do full-on reviews for the shows they appear on. I'm bored, seems like fun, let's do it.

NJPW | Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ryuma Go | 11/30/78
Two old school juniors doing their thing here. These guys had a pretty awesome feud towards the end of the 70s and this was the last time Go was taken seriously as a wrestler. Totally mat-based match though so it became a bit tedious towards the last few minutes, they've had better matches. **1/2

WWF | Tito Santana vs. Randy Savage | 1/11/86
Recently got my hands on maybe 5 or 6 Savage-Santana house show matches I had never seen before, so I'm really looking forward to watching all of these because these two guys were fucking incredible at this time. This is at the Boston Garden. Lots of stalling to start from Savage, which is such an easy and effective way to get heat and yet you never see it done anymore. This one never really seemed to click even though they got about 15 minutes, these two guys have done much better. The countout finish didn't help matters either. **3/4

Dragon Gate | YAMATO/Cyber Kong/KAGETORA vs. Masato Yoshino/BxB Hulk/Susumu Yokosuka | 1/14/11
Yay, the last few episodes of Infinity have finally hit online! For some reason the venue they're at has a basketball hoop in the corner, which is weird, because I didn't think Japanese people played basketball. YAMATO's facial expressions during matches continue to be awesome. The heels pull out the old Michinoku Pro standing on your opponent trick, which you cans see here:
vlcsnap2011042000h25m47.png
This was basically your usual Dragon Gate six man tag with lots of chaos and great countering with a total disregard for tag rules. ***1/4

WWF | Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana | 3/16/86
Another Savage-Steamboat match I haven't seen. MSG, like always, is going crazy for everything Tito does. It angers me that he never got a shot at the main event. Just formula stuff again really, typical house show match and nowhere near what these two were capable of. Another DQ finish too. **3/4

That's it for now. I'll post in here alot I'm guessing.

WWE | Eddie Guerrero vs. Matt Hardy | 5/8/03
From an episode of Smackdown. Matt's gor his entourage here (Shannon Moore and Crash Holly) but the crowd is heavily behind Eddie. Eddie gets the win by countering into a crucifix. Kind of sloppy at times, but pretty fun while it lasted. **1/4

WWE | Brian Kendrick vs. Jamie Noble | 5/8/03
From the same episode of Smackdown. Kendrick was actually starting to get really over at this point until he was buried shortly after this. Nidia is with Noble, who I always thought was kind of hot in a trashy way (Nidia, not Noble). Kendrick gets the win with the Sliced Bread 2. Really fast-paced and fun cruiserweight match while it lasted, and man Kendrick's theme music fucking RULED at this time. **3/4

WWE | Eddie Guerrero/Tajiri vs. Shelton Benjamin/Charlie Haas | 5/22/03
This is a few days after Eddie and Tajiri won the tag belts from Team Angle in an underrated ladder match at Judgment Day. Kind of slow to start but things picked up midway through. Eddie does a great job as the babyface in peril for most of the match before Tajiri gets the hot tag. This was the first time Eddie ever used the old "throw a weapon in your opponents hands and play dead" trick for the DQ win. Fun tag match with a creative finish. ***1/4

CMLL | Escorpion/Vangelis vs. Diamante/Valiente | 4/17/11
I think the date is correct there, though it may just be the date it aired on TV. Been watching alot more lucha lately. 2/3 falls, as always. Typically fun lucha tag with a few crazy spots. ***

I'm liking this concept.

I think I recall the Eddie vs. Hardy match you mention. If I'm not mistaken Eddie was wrestling twice that night and won the tag titles later on wikth Chavo.

Yo X! Check out the Evolve 7 iPPV as soon as you can. It was a good show from top to bottom. There wasn't a bad match on the card and the filler, I use that term for matches I wasn't excited about, was quick and actually gave some nice moments. I liked this show a lot and it might be the best Evolve show yet.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. They show a Larry Sweeney match at intermission, which brought a big smile to my face. There was no one more entertaining than Sweeney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back