Xavier Woods - New Nation????

joey414

Total Degenerate
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is the angle involving Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi actually going anywhere.

If R- Truth was to be added to this group could it be the birth of a new age Nation of Domination faction and could it help elevate these midcard guys like it helped the Rock all those years ago.

I only ask as have not seen any of these guys on TV recently and hoping someone could shed some light on the subject as well as the pros and cons of a new Nation faction

Xavier Woods seems to go in a Gospel Preacher route if the vignette from Raw is to be believed. But I think Big E and Kofi Kingston are still going to be a tag team, as they've been paired together on quite a number of house shows. They've got decent reactions to. Put them on TV and let's see what happens.

Big e did a short promo a while back using Southern baptist preacher talk. I thought it was strange but maybe he always does that and I've never paid attention. I haven't seen him speak since.

Sounds like the idea is at least on hold, if not scrapped altogether. It's a shame, because Kofi has more than paid his dues and deserves to have his character evolve. The "New Nation" might have completely sucked, but at least they would've been doing something with him. Kofi can flat out go in the ring, but they've just never invested any time into a storyline for him. It's a shame.

Hopefully, he and Big E will at least get to be a tag team. Right now the division needs all the help it can get.

The stable is dead. Who knows what they're going to do with Big E and Kofi are going to do once they get legit TV time.

I'm disappointed in this new Xavier Woods angle. They tried this with D-Von Dudley years ago and it didn't work. They're more gimmicks they could try with African-American wrestlers besides being preachers, no personality or thugs.

Ah must have missed the 10 seconds of air time that woods got recently
Hopefully Big E and Kofi do keep their team going, both are good in the ring and iv always liked tag teams that have different styles that compliment each other i.e powerhouse and high flyer, the last team i saw pull this off well was (and i cant believe im saying this) was Team Hell No, and both of them have had it good since (injury notwithstanding)

Lets get these guys on the tag scene, id rather watch them than slater or the matadores, and it could give gold/stardust and the Uso's some competition

I don't want a new Nation. I don't think it would work with all the news on Ferguson. It would just be bad PR for the WWE, and they do not want that. I like a stable, and I think Woods/Big E/Kingston could do something creative if given the chance. Maybe Woods becomes a preacher, and he brain washes Big E and Kingston. I think it could get massive heat if done right.

I don't want a new Nation. I don't think it would work with all the news on Ferguson. It would just be bad PR for the WWE, and they do not want that. I like a stable, and I think Woods/Big E/Kingston could do something creative if given the chance. Maybe Woods becomes a preacher, and he brain washes Big E and Kingston. I think it could get massive heat if done right.

Pardon my ignorance but who in the blue hell is Ferguson?

The preacher thing could help Kofi and Big E as neither is any good on the mic, Kofi hasnt spoken in like 2 years so i wonder what accent he will use this time:confused:
Both guys are talented enough they just need the right storyline to carry them off the bottom of the ladder, how these guys get less TV time than matadores, bunnys, gators, midgets and even great kahli atm is totally beyond me

Pardon my ignorance but who in the blue hell is Ferguson?

The preacher thing could help Kofi and Big E as neither is any good on the mic, Kofi hasnt spoken in like 2 years so i wonder what accent he will use this time:confused:
Both guys are talented enough they just need the right storyline to carry them off the bottom of the ladder, how these guys get less TV time than matadores, bunnys, gators, midgets and even great kahli atm is totally beyond me

He's talking about the case going on right now in Ferguson, Missouri. A white police officer shot a killed an unarmed black male, and they are awaiting a grand jury verdict, which should come on Monday.

Considering the racial tension bubbling under the surface, and the violence that is going on there threatening to explode on a daily basis, maybe this is not the right time to reveal a this new stable.

Personally I think that stables are a part of the past, it's not needed. We need tag teams instead to build up that division.

People are bringing up D-Von Dudley doing the "preacher gimmick" but in all fairness his ECW character was based around Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction originally - "TESTIFY!" etc.

Saw the promo, wondering if Big E will have his promo on SD.

I guess they will make first in ring appearance after survivor series

Isn't Ferguson near St Louis? And that's where Survivor Series is being held, plus if the results come back on Monday...not saying it's likely but you never know if we'd have a riot or something. Then bringing it back up on WWE might not be a good idea for a while...sad because dare I say if they don't debut by RR their window is gone till at least April. Even sadder because they hinted at thi back in like July I think

The Woods promo had much more of a James Brown vibe to it than a preacher.

Kingston seemed more 'generic' but I think calls that the stable is a 'testify' style thing may be a touch pre-emptive.

We've seen Big E give 'I had a dream' style promo's before as well, so I think what we may end up seeing is more of a varied 50s/60s feel to it than a deep south one.

Roll on next week's Big E Vignette!!!

Whilst we can only speculate which direction they'll take with the "Smart Athletic Friends" (here's hoping they don't enter a 10 mile radius of that name), I am excited nonetheless. As a fan who loves a good stable, and the lack of stables in the product at the moment, I can only be excited!

It seems as though they'll be faces, if the Vignettes are reflective of their character straight off the bat. The positive preacher vibes given off make it seem as though they'll be moving in a direction completely different to the Nation. This makes me glad as a recycled Nation in this product, day and age can only translate into bad publicity, and a probably burying of the group.

I'm pretty certain these guys won't be in the main event picture as a trio, the scene is just too packed at the moment, and the credibility of having Kofi and Woods in the Main Event picture is very small. A long time in the mid/upper mid card can only be good for the three as their TV time recently has plummeted.

This gimmick has potential if they don't go generic brainwashed religion/positive thinking stuff like the Wyatts or Bo Dallas. I hope they do something in line with the megachurches that combies materialistic goals and religion. How the leaders of those churches are making money off of their followers.

They could be mercenaries for hire but still do those gospel stuff as a heel group. Justify them taking the money to help heels as part of their faith. Justify them winning by cheating as winning is allowed in their prosperity theology.

Very interesting this! Hopefully the WWE give it a chance to blossom and dont cut it short before its given sufficient time. Its been a long time since Kofi has been relevant and a guy with his ability should be given more TV time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back