X-Men 3 *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eradicate

Dark Match Winner
Has anyone seen this yet? I thought it was good, but alot of people died when there really didn't seem a point. I mean I know they were trying to show Jean Grey/Phoenix's power, but some deaths just seemed out of place.

If you did see it, don't you think based on the end of the movie, that there will be another type of X-Men movie, be it a Wolverine movie or whatever? I mean with Magneto moving the chess pieces at the end and when Professor Xavier switches bodies with the man in the hospital. For one I'm excited to see if there is another.

When Cyclopes died, It just didn't seem right for him to die so early in the movie...... the rest of the movie had its high spots but that one death just didn't make the movie right.

For Comic-Book lovers who want continuity : The film was ****, nothing went right; everything was either reversed or completely crapped on.
For Movie-Goers who just want action : Great

Yeah, i liked it. But the deaths seemed out of place. A lot of characters weren't used right either, take the Juggernaut for example, in the comics and the old TV cartoon show he was one of the most powerful enemies and took whole episodes to stop, in the movie he did very little and he disappeared after running into a wall. It made no sense to waste him like that. And Xavier's death seemed weird to, since i remember he plays a big part in stopping the Phoenix in the comics and TV show. Cyclops death was the worst though, i dont get the point of it at all. Another wasted opportunity was when the Iceman and Thermo actually met, though it was cool the way Iceman kicked his ass in the end, it didnt seem epic enough to show these as rivals/enemies finally meeting. Also, where the hell was Nightcrawler? He was great in the second movie but wasnt even mentioned in this.

Overall, good movie, but too many wasted ideas.

I didn't like the movie that much,but maybe thats because i didn't see the first 2, and i really didn't understand it so thats pretty much y i didn't like it

Yeah, i understand you. It would be terribly hard to follow without viewing the first two. Actually, just number two. I know loads of people that havent watched the first movie but love the second.

Honestly, I don't think you need to know much about the first movie, nor the second to watch the third, you're going to be confused either way.

I wasn't really confused during the movie, more like... well maybe confused was the right word. Some parts just didn't make sense. It could have easily been a better movie if it had all flowed better. I agree about Cyclops dieing so early though, it seems as though the opening credits had just passed and he was already dead. There wasn't any need for him to die, although they had to show her powers.

Anyone have comments on the rating scale of mutants they use in this film?

The ratings scale was pretty much retarted and worthless to throw in, it was the equivilent of going "she is teh awesome" "he sux". In the comics to the best of my knowlage Morlocks were Morlocks because of the fact that their powers wern't anything special, there was no need to explain a ratings system.

To me it sounded like they were playing a childs card game.
"OMG U USED A LVL FIVE AGAINST MY LVL THREE!"

I know. It wasnt included in the other two movies so why start then?

Yeah it ruined some thoughts I had about the characters. I never read the comics, just watched the cartoon and the movies. So based on that I thought that Professor Xavier and Magneto were like the most powerful mutants. I would have understood if Jean was a Lv. 5, and they were Lv. 4.. but them being two levels lower than her just seemed like an injustice. Why is Magneto so menacing if hes not even that dangerous based on these levels?

It really seemed out of place. The childs card game reference was spot on though.

I don't know if anyone noticed this or not, but Professor X is possibly not dead. If you watch through the credits, there's a man laying in a hospital bed. A woman is in the room with him and he says something in Professor X's voice, she turns and looks at him and says "Charles?". So apparently he put his mind into another body somehow, which isn't so far off from the way the comics were.

Also, note that you never actually see cyclops die, you only see his sun glasses floating. The only reason cyclops wasn't in the movie was because it conflicted with his schedule for shotting the movie "Superman Returns". That's the official story, contrary to rumors that Halle Barry demanded he be cut so her role could be bigger.

There's also two separate spin off movies from the X-men trilogy. Wolverine has been announced for a while now, but not many people seem to know that Magneto is getting his own movie as well. It's going to be set between the 30's and 50's, with Ian McKellan playing Magneto by use of computer de-aging technology. Patrick Stewart is playing Xavier, who is a friend to Magneto at the time of the movie. Magneto plans to get revenge on the Nazi's, who killed his parents, all while dealing with learning the potential of his powers.

That movie was frickin awsome. I loved just about every part of it.

I liked it a lot. Ian McKellen was great as Magneto (again) and the bridge scene was one of the coolest things I've seen in cinema for years. Looking up at Magneto standing there at the edge of the bridge like a God sent chills down my spine.

I don't read comics so I don't know if everyone and everything was "right", but I definitely loved it as an action flick.

^The juggernaut was the only thing wrong. He didn't look intimidating enough. My fav part was after Magneto moved the bridge, those people in their little mini van locked their doors! lmao

btw, 100th POST!!!

I never saw the first 2 but i liked the third one. When is the wolverine movie set to come out?

I've read the comics, seen the cartoons, and seen the movies. I have one question. Where the h*ll is Cable?! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Cable is the son of Scott and Jean, and plays an important role in X-men mythology.

With that being said.

It only makes sense that Magneto was able to move the chess piece in the end. Leech's powers are only temporary to those who leave his "effecting radius". Eventhough his "DNA" is being introduced to mutant blood streams, I'm pretty sure that the blood flowing in my veins now is different from when I was 2. The stuff wears off...they called it a cure when it's really a vaccine, like flu shots. Who still gets those every year??

The morlock scene should have introduced Gambit and the ratings thing was a little contrived. I think they threw that in there to give people a reference point of understanding that being a mutant doesnt make you powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back