WZCW SuperShow: Jon Hyada & Lexi Hayes vs. Dorian Slaughter & Veejay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
An interesting tag team contest will kick off the SuperShow event as both teams were coincidentally opponents for the most recent episode of Aftershock. Hyade & Hayes are both known to be good friends both on and off the television screen and will no doubt have any trouble meshing well together. The new-comers in Slaughter & Veejay however, might not get along so well, especially in their difference in personalities.

The end goal for both teams is simple: the winners will gain themselves some much needed advantage as they head into Kingdom Come as solo competitors for a chance to become the final 5th entrant in the Super Ladder Match Melee for the Eurasian title by fighting inside a Battle Royale.

Will it be the last remnants of Young Justice to take the victory or will the hungry rookies take down the more experienced members of the roster?

Deadline is Friday, October 17th, 11:59pm CTS. Extensions available upon request.

The scene fades in to a wide angle shot of the MTS Centre, several hours before the WZCW SuperShow. White lights illuminate the large windows atop the building, the camera pans swiftly to portray the spectacle of the arena at dusk before finally settling upon the front doors. On either side of the doors, large banners hang, one depicting the hometown Winnipeg Jets logo, the other a promo banner for WZCW's event.

The camera enters the building and progresses through the concourse. The scene is crisp, the golden walls, flawlessly accented with directed lighting, provide a spatially and aesthetically pleasing setting.

As the camera moves toward the staircase leading to the upper concourse, a muffled, yet audible clanging can be heard seemingly nearby. The camera jerks quickly to either side, but progresses ahead.

The noise grows louder. The camera stops, regresses.

Cameraman: Alright, that's a wrap, we can't shoot over this shit.

Video Director: C'mon, we'll see what this is all about, keep rolling, I want to get a shot of every nook and cranny of this place for the video, we'll edit out the noise later.

Cameraman: You're the boss.

The camera regains focus and veers from its intended path, through a door marked 'Restricted Access', down a flight of stairs and into a dimly lit hallway. As the camera moves hesitantly through the hall, scanning open doorways on either side, the noise has grown overwhelmingly loud.

Cameraman (shouting): Seriously, Tom, do...

The scene falls silent.

Cameraman: Do we really need to shoot all of this?

A voice enters the scene from a distance, muffled, nondescript.

Dorian Slaughter: Approach me.

Video Director (motioning): Check it out.

The camera enters through an open doorway at the far corner of the hallway. The room is nearly dark. Faint hums of industrial fans provide background noise as the voice, now slightly more identifiable, comes through again.

Slaughter: Here. Approach me.

The camera progresses slowly through the room, focused on the concrete floor as a path through various machinery and panels housing operating controls of the facility. As the camera settles and illuminates its mounted light, the scene is brightened, revealing Dorian Slaughter sitting on the floor against a concrete wall at the far end of the room. His head rests against a steel I-beam, his feet flat on the floor, his knees nestled tightly into his chest. As Slaughter runs a hand through his damp hair, he tilts his head back and thumps it erratically against the concrete.

FLASHBACK

Scene fades in progressing through the halls of a simple, quaint home. Family pictures of proud parents with their new 12 year old son adorn the faded wood paneled walls. A framed adoption certificate hangs above a faded wooden end table, below a small crucifix. Progressing through the kitchen where late night snack plates remain scattered across the faux oak table; a report card taped haphazardly on the refrigerator, next to a hurriedly scratched grocery list.

The camera continues up a flight of steps at the far end of the house. Entering a bedroom where husband and wife have just placed their sleeping son into bed.

Wife: What a long day, he is exhausted.

Husband: He was a champ today, not many kids his age would have sat through that ceremony.

Wife: He did it for you.

She kisses her husband on the cheek, smiling softly at him.

Wife: He might just love you more than I do... and I stress might!

Husband: I love you too, hunny.

A loud creak echoes through the staircase. The boy stirs on the frameless matress resting on the dusty wooden floor.

Husband: Damn this old house, I can't wait 'til we get out of here.

Wife: Soon enough hun, now that you're MISTER VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING!!!

Husband: Yeah, I can't get to the bank to cash that bonus check soon enough. 11 years of my life I gave to this company, it's about time they give something back!

Wife: You earned it, that's for sure. I noticed you signed it already, too, you're so excited, and I'm so proud of you!

The stairs creak again as the wind howls past a leaky window, rattling the thin wooden frame along the windowsill.

Husband: C'mon, let's get outta here before we wake him up.

Wife: Good idea, besides, I've been waiting all day for a little alone time with you, Mr. Vice President.

She bats her eyes, one hand on her hip, motioning with her head toward the door.

Wife: Come on daddy...

Child: Jerry?

The steps crack, the wife shifts her focus toward the door abruptly. Somewhat disappointingly she staggers back into the room, leaving the door propped open behind her.

Husband: Go back to sleep buddy, Melody and I were just tucking you in.

Child: Can we still go to the park and hit baseballs tomorrow?

Husband: Ask the boss.

He turns and looks at his wife standing in the door. She nods gently and opens her mouth to respond.

A loud explosion erupts from the hallway behind her.

Looking on as his wife bends slightly at the waist, the front of her white tank top turning a deeper and deeper crimson color.

Husband: MELODY!!!!!

Child: MOMMMMMMMMM

The husband leaps up from the mattress, lunging toward his wife in the doorway.

As her body goes limp, it doubles over and collapses to the floor. The noise in the hallway is muffled by the child's screams inside the room.

Unknown man 1: Go, go, go, he's in there.

A man dressed in all black, a red handkerchief covering the lower half of his face, enters the room holding a shotgun as a faint white smoke still protrudes from its barrel.

Child: DAD!!!!

The child falls backward into the bed and swiftly pulls the covers over his head. He lays flat on the mattress, trembling as the gun discharges a second, then a third, then a fourth time.

Unknown man 2: Dude, what a fucking mess. Come on, let's find that fucking check and get the fuck out of here.

Unknown man 1: Right, you take the room down the hall, I'll take this, whatever you wanna call this fucking shithole, office? I guess? Fuck it, just find the thing and let's go.

Both men exit the room. Amidst heavy footsteps and sounds of breaking glass, the child lifts his covers and stands up. Gazing upon the bloodied, motionless bodies, he doesn't cry. The child doesn't make a sound, he stands, frozen, at the foot of his mattress.

Unknown man 1 (from afar): Got it, let's go.

The footsteps in the hall become more audible as the two men converge outside of the child's bedroom. One of them glances inside as he passes by, stops, retreats, and looks upon the child.

Unknown man 2: Who the fuck are you?

Unknown man 1: What? C'mon, let's go.

Unknown man 2: Um, dude, there's a fucking kid in here.

Unknown man 1: What are you talking about, they don't have any kids. Let's fucking go, now!

Unknown man 2: I'm looking at him right now.

The child raises his eyes and looks upon the man in the doorway. Never shifting his focus, he doesn't speak, his face devoid of expression, his eyes distant.

Unknown man 1: Aghhh.

The first man ascends the stairs, pushes the second out of the way and enters the room.

Stepping over the bodies of his two victims, he stands beside the child. The child's head near his midsection, the child's eyes staring straight ahead toward the vacant doorway.

Unknown man 1: Hey kid...

The boy stares straight ahead. The man, becoming anxious, places two fingers under the child's chin and lifts the child's face toward his own.

Unknown man 1: Death will call you too some day. At least now when it does, you'll be ready.

The child stares into the man's eyes, his face expressionless.

The man removes his hand from beneath the child's chin, the child does not move when the man releases him.

The man shakes his head quickly, wipes the sweat from his brow and retreats toward the doorway.

Unknown man 1(to man 2): C'mon let's get outta this shithole.

Unknown man 2(peering in at the child as he passes the doorway): Fuck.

Both men descend the stairs and exit the house. The grinding sound of rubber tires against gravel fill the scene as a beam of light from their car's headlights pass through the window behind the child.

The child stands motionless, his head still elevated toward where the man formerly stood, as the scene fades to black.

PRESENT DAY

Slaughter sits, his head elevated, pressed back firmly against the concrete. The scene becomes uneasy as he does not speak for several moments.

Slaughter: He was right. All those years ago, he was right.

He bows his head between his knees for a moment and then raises his eyes toward the camera, a slight grin comes across his glistening face.

Slaughter: Death has called, and I have answered. The WZCW has become the newest target standing in the path of the approaching storm. Tonight, one man shall choose...

He turns his right hand palm up and elevates it in front of his face.

Slaughter: Stand by death's side and unleash a fury of hatred upon the opposition, or...

He turns the other hand palm up and raises it to the same height.

Slaughter: Ignore death's beckoning and subject yourself to the equally forceful grasp of the reaper's cold hand. The choice is yours, Veejay. You have peered into death's eyes once and were belittled by its message, don't make the same mistake twice. Retreat from the light, succumb to the darkness, choose death over life, for the option of life is of no quality fit for an international celebrity, a King among men, a leader among peasants such as yourself.

He interlocks his hands and rests them upon his bended knees.

Slaughter: Rather, choosing this option of life, in opposition of death, is to choose the life of an insect; an indiscriminate, meaningless existence. A King dethroned, a hero scorned, a leader forced to live as a subject in the kingdom of death.

He runs both of his hands through his dampened hair, stands up and begins pacing in the cramped area in front of the camera.

Slaughter
: Two more shall not be afforded the same choice.

The pacing becomes increasingly frantic.

Slaughter: I wonder if Lexi has my action figure? If she hides it behind unopened books in her bedroom, books that Momma bought her to make her the brightest thing she ever did see. Books that she never opened, but claimed to read cover to cover, only to make Momma proud, but never to reveal as mere articles of treachery.

She won't cheat to win, because what good Southern pumpkin would do such a thing? How could she let down her hordes of fans? What would her countless friends think of her mischievous actions?

He approaches the camera and pulls it in closely to his face.

Slaughter: I see through your lie, Lexi.

I see the melancholy, resentful little girl, striving for friends, worshiping heroes, only to mask her own pain, her own imperfections.

His voice softens.

Slaughter: Give them to me. Give me your imperfections, your blemishes, your inclinations that you don't talk about at dinner parties and sleepovers, give them all to me. Allow me to cleanse you. Release your spirit into the welcoming arms of the reaper. Rest your head on the pillow of serenity that death has provided for you.

He releases the camera and walks toward the doorway of the room.

Slaughter
: Walk with me, we've become short on time.

The camera follows as Slaughter retraces the steps seen in the opening of the segment in reverse. He enters the backstage area, progresses through, to the gorilla position just behind the curtain at the top of the ramp. On a nearby control panel, he cues up Jon Hyada's entrance music.

Slaughter: Hero. Quite a word. What sort of hero attempts to come to the aid of a woman in the streets, but fails?

The same sort of hero that dons a mask and a kevlar suit when he emerges through this curtain. A hero shielding himself from danger, from impending doom. Only shedding his armor once he assures himself that he is safe. Once he ensures that no weapons are present.

Slaughter cuts the music and walks through the curtain onto the stage.

Slaughter: Tonight, Jon, you will sense danger. Do not shed your armor. Ready your defenses. For death is approaching, sunken in the thick shadows of the night, willing to meet you face-to-face.

Do not extend your hand in reverence to death, it will be removed from your arm.

Do not bow to death, your head will be removed from your torso.

Do not become enraged and drive yourself to make death submit and show respect, you will become death yourself.

He turns and looks at the ring crew setting up a steel lighting structure at the far end of the stage.

Slaughter: Real heroes.

He motions his head toward the ring crew and then shifts focus back to the camera.

Slaughter: Tonight will not be a test, nor will it be a challenge. Tonight, the reaper of death ascends into your midst to lay waste to this fruitful landscape. To pave the path of revenge and liberation through the deceit and forced sportsmanship that these people shove down the gullets of the world on a daily basis.

He extends his arms and raises his head toward the rafters of the empty arena. He speaks loudly.

Slaughter: Tonight, the era of darkness begins. Tonight, death becomes you.

Fade to black.

Fffft. Pop!

Jonathan Hyada cracked open his can of Dr Pepper after retrieving it from the vending machine, taking a lengthy sip before turning and walking down the plush hotel hallway. Having no real destination, no direction, he was a man too defeated to feel his old anger anymore. For the former fighter and champion, it really did feel as if the original fire had died and gone. After the events of a few weeks ago, despite his win over his current partner Lexi Hayes, he had all but completely shut down. All contacts in his phone save for his immediate family had been erased, social media running silent, no public appearances, no nightly patrols, everything to keep him alone while living the modern life. In the last month or so everything had left or been taken from him, and he felt no reason to try to fight it any longer. Jonathan found himself standing in front of his room, having left the door wide open he could clearly look in when he paused, noticing he left his duffel on the bed with a white hoodie beside it. The man was about to simply continue on down the hall when he recognized which hoodie it was, White Lantern design. Hyada stepped quietly into his room and scooped up the garment, pulling it over his plain black polo, sliding his phone into the front pocket and covering his head with the hood. The door closed with a click behind him as he secured his ear buds in place to drown out the rest of the world in the sounds of Eminem and Polina Goudieva.

This is my legacy.

Jon pulled the hood lower to obscure his face as he strolled through the faintly busy hotel lobby, wanting no part of the WZCW crew, competitors and fans that still might be filtering in for the upcoming SuperShow. If anyone recognized him, they gave him the same recognition he gave them; none at all. Taking a left, he hooked through the side door that led to the various pathways that lined the inner and outer perimeter of the hotel, going wherever the sandstone colored rock slabs took him. The former champion bobbed his head up and down to the tunes drowning out the world around him during his walk, but what they couldn't silence were the thoughts roaming his mind.

Haven. Nathan. People whom I can't count on any longer.

Moonlit. Iron Wasp. Hang Man. A fight I can't win anymore.

The dojo. My home. Possessions and memories I can't get back.

I've got nothing. No partner, no gold... no purpose any longer.

As he rounded the back end of the second smaller pool area, the former Tag Team Champion lifted his head enough to spot a WZCW ring crew sharing a smoke and a conversation amongst themselves.

I guess I've still got that.

I can still fight in that ring at least, even if every other battle has become unwinnable. But I no longer see the point in it. I don't know what I'm fighting for any longer, if there even is still any longer term goal to strive for.

He slipped past the crew without drawing their attention and continued on his way, finding himself walking beneath the length of the covered parking area which kept him shaded from the waning sun.

I haven't even tried to speak to Haven since he left.

Hyada halted and looked a few parking spaces to his right, noticing it to be the designated motorcycle parking. If Young Justice was still a unit, he'd have spotted the Havenmobile there, a beat up U-Haul hitched to a motorcycle that Haven refused to sell or spruce up. He stared at the empty spaces for a good long while, long enough for the sun to disappear behind the horizon and the exterior lights of the hotel to take its place.

I can't do all of it. Not at once.

I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.

Jonathan pulled his cell out from the hoodie pocket and clicked on the screen, checking in on the notification that interrupted his music and thoughts. While he had cut himself off from phone calls and texts from people outside of his remaining family, he had created a new e-mail so WZCW officials could still get a hold of him. Opening the newly received message, he skipped past the automated portion and read the important information:

SuperShow!

Lexi Hayes / Jonathan Hyada v Dorian Slaughter / Veejay

Who?

He thought incredulously as he walked, not understanding why he was in a fight with two people he had never heard of.

Have I become that out of touch with WZCW?

Or has my head been so out of the game that they feel my place is with the rookies?

Jonathan let out a long and self-depreciating sigh, shaking his head in disgust.

How did I go from standing against challenges and winning a title on my first attempt... to this?

All of my focus has been split. Anger towards old friends. Exhaustion from fighting enemy after enemy alone. Desperation from losing so much. Ignoring--

Jon felt a hand touch his shoulder, causing him to whip around, yanking free his ear buds and setting his fists up for defense in a single fluid motion. His right hand was poised to strike until the person who startled him jumped back in surprise, completely caught off guard herself. "Hey now su'gah, hold on there! It's just me."

Hyada let out a sort sigh and checked down both directions of the hall, having no recollection that he had walked for so long that he had already returned to outside his room. Dropping his hands he offered a small smile of apology. "Lexi, sneaking up on me like that is not a good idea right now."

"I'm sorry darlin', but I been callin' y'all for some time and y'all didn't answer. Then I saw ya walkin' through the halls so I called out but I guess ya didn't hear me on account of your music. So I ran after you, but there was that incident with the cleaning lady with the bad aim..."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Nothin' darlin'," Lexi pulled her jacket tighter around her to hide the bleach and Windex stains, "I just saw ya walkin' is all, thought we could catch up and talk about our match."

"Look Lexi, I'm really not in the--"

"Oh shut your brooding Batman! Y'all gonna come with me and hang out while we plan our match and you're gonna like it!" Lexi snatched Jon's closest wrist and yanked him away from his door and down the hall.

I guess if I can't find my purpose, it can always be forced on me...

The Adventures Of Lexi Hayes: Gaming Day

As the scene fades in, we see Lexi Hayes leading her friend, Jon Hyada back into her hotel room. As she uses her key card to unlock the door, she enters the room to reveal a video game system all hooked up with 2 wireless controllers sitting on the bed. One controller is classic black and the other is purple with glitter on it. Hyada closes the door behind him upon entering as Lexi powers up the system and picks up the purple controller before sitting on the edge of the hotel room bed. Hyada now walks over, grabs the black controller and sits in a near by chair after dragging it closer to the TV.

Y'all ready to kick some butt?

I still don't get why I need to do this...

Simple, y'all are acting like a loner lately and ya need to be your normal, friendly self!

Lexi nods as Hyada rolls his eyes in a bit of annoyance but Lexi doesn't notice.

Now, are y'all gonna keep arguing with me or are ya gonna shush up and play some games with me?

Lexi crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow as Hyada lets out a big sigh before slowly nodding his head.

Yeah I guess I'll play, but we should discuss our tag team match this week on Supershow first.

Well why the heck do ya think we're playin' WZCW '14? So we can play as ourselves and face our opponents! Best way to game plan for a match if ya ask me.

Lexi nods in agreement with herself as the main menu for the game comes up. Lexi sets up a tag team match and chooses her character to play as and Hyada does the same.

Wait, how are we gonna play as our opponents this week when they're so new to the company? No way are they on the game.

Oh don't worry darlin, I already created them earlier today and gave them their exact move sets and everythin! I even tested em out a lil' bit and they play pretty darn similar to the real Slaughter and Veejay!

Lexi smiles and nods and shows Hyada the CAW's she made of Dorian Slaughter and Veejay. Shockingly enough, they even look somewhat like their real life counterparts.

Wow, that's pretty good. Not the best quality I've ever seen but the important thing will be if the move sets are the same, not how the creations look.

Lexi nods in agreement as the two friends skip over the entrances of all four characters and get right into the match with the video game characters of Lexi Hayes and Slaughter starting the match for their teams. The two go through the opening lock up and sequences of a match before the Slaughter character takes control with a big scoop slam. Slaughter beats down the Lexi character for a couple minutes as Lexi, the real one mind you, ends up rolling out of the way of a move in the corner and hits a dropkick. Lexi hears his friend telling her to tag him in and she runs across the ring to do so.

I hope the real Dorian Slaughter ain't as tough as his creation is!

I think he'll be even tougher. He's gonna have a huge size advantage over you.

But ya know what they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall!

Hyada nods as his character attacks Slaughter and after some back and forth battle for a few minutes, tags are made for both teams with Hayes spring boarding off the ropes to clothesline the created version of Veejay.

Ya know Jon, I noticed that when Slaughter misses a move he's slow to recover, I bet the real one is the same way!

Hmm..maybe. Have you noticed anything else yet?

Lexi shakes her head as she hits a few running moves on Veejay to keep him from getting in any offense. Veejay finally gets to his feet and Lexi charges him.

Lexi, I don't think you should have gone for another running move...

Don't worry hun, I got th....

Suddenly, Lexi is caught off guard by the computer character ducking a jumping clothesline and dropping Lexi with a DDT as she turns around.

Dang! How the heck did he do that!?

Lexi begins to get frustrated as Veejay beats her up before whipping her into the corner and making a tag to Dorian Slaughter. The two computer controlled opponents drop Lexi with a big double suplex and Lexi begins button mashing as she tries to fight back.

Dang, these two are workin' well together, do ya think the real ones will work together this well?

Lexi continues to button mash for another minute as a couple tags are made. She gets whipped into the corner by Veejay as he charges in but Lexi is able to hit the counter button and gets out of the way as Veejay runs into the turnbuckles!

It's possible. They were opponents last week but at the same time they might bond over the fact that they're willing to do anything to win, including break the rules. We'll need to be on top of our game if we wanna beat them.

Lexi nods in agreement as she sees a message pop up on screen showing she can hit her comeback, and she hits it! She hits a headbutt followed by a springboard dropkick and the Veejay character is down! Lexi has her signature move loaded up as Veejay stumbles to his feet, and gets hit with a Running Spear!

Yes! We got this now!

Lexi is all smiles as she looks to finish the match and climbs up to the top turnbuckle slowly, due to the damage she suffered in the match. She hits the finisher button and goes for Fall From Heaven....but it's blocked as Veejay gets his knees up! Lexi gets angry as she can't finish off the match but sitting next to her in the hotel, Hyada tells her to focus and make a tag after she headbutts Veejay and she makes the tag to Hyada!

Hyada enters the ring and moves out of the way of the running big boot as it catches Hayes, who starts button mashing to try and make her character get up. The computer controller Veejay turns around as Hyada hits the signature move button and takes out Veejay with the Breath Of Fire Combination! The computer controlled Dorian Slaughter enters the ring but do does Hayes and she takes down Slaughter with a Running Spear! Hyada uses a wake up taunt to make Veejay rise to his feet, then hits the button to throw him in the air and drops him with the Falling Star! Veejay goes down and Hyada covers for the pin and the win!

I told ya we'd make a super awesome team!

Lexi holds up her hand for a high five as Hyada smiles and high fives her back but then gets serious.

Being a good team on a video game is much different than a good team in real life though. I thought me and Haven we're a good team but then he abandoned me...

Hyada lets out a sigh but Hayes stands up and crosses her arms.

Hey y'all can't focus on the past, ya gotta focus on the present and the present is we gotta work together to beat Dorian Slaughter and Veejay! I don't know about y'all, but I KNOW we can do it! We're already like, close to being besties and we've teamed together before! I know y'all haven't teamed with anybody since Haven had to leave but ya gotta trust me, we can do this! If we work together as good as we did last time, we can not only win our match but maybe even be as good of a team as you and Haven were!

Lexi nods as Hyada stands up and nods in agreement with what she said before speaking up.

Do you really think we can be that good of a team?

Hyada raises an eyebrow as Lexi nods in reassurement.

I do. Ya can trust me Jon, I got one goal in mind and that's winnin' our match and showin' these rookies that they don't know who they're messin' with! In fact, I bet at the end of the match, Dorian Slaughter and Veejay will BOTH be left in a Hayes!

Hyada chuckles upon hearing his friend's catchphrase for the first time but nods in agreement and the two shake hands as the scene slowly begins to fade out, but suddenly Lexi hears her phone vibrate so she picks it up and notices a text from her sister.

"Lexi, we need to talk. Text me back when you get this."

Lexi reads the text from her sister and seems anxious about it but throws the phone onto her bed. Hayes now leads Hyada to the door and he walks out of the room as the scene finally does fade to black.

Hatred calls

It's a dark alley in an unknown place. We see two thugs enter the alley. One has a bag in his hand.

Thug 1: What have we got?

Thug 2: Not much. Some cash, a chain. Ohh god!

"This ain't gonna be enough, is it?" Comes a voice. Both thugs are stunned. They turn around, but it's too dark to see clearly.

Both: Who's there?

They see a figure emerge from dark. They can't see it's face, but it seems like a well built figure.

Thug 1: Who are you? Why are you here?

Voice: Don't worry man. I am not here to take away your stuff. I just want some help. Can you help?

Thug 2: What help?

Voice: (takes out his phone and points towards it) I am stuck here in candy crush. Can you get me out?

Both thugs are taken aback. One of them draws a gun out at him. "What do you want?" Both thugs are trembling, but hold the gun at him anyway.

Voice: Too bad you can't help. (Puts his phone back)

A sudden jerk. The figure kicks the gun out of his hand. Both the thugs try to run away, but as soon as they turn their backs, a huge kick knocks one off his feet. The other one is now glued to his place, trembling in fear.

"Why are you after us?" His trembling, weak voice emerges from his mouth.

Voice: I am not after you. But I can sense your fear. (Smiles) Are you afraid of me?

Thug: (garners some courage) No

Voice: (punches his face. The thug starts bleeding through his nose. The figure holds him by his ears) You know, my friend, in this world everyone's afraid of something. Be it a spider, a bird or me. But fear no more. (He comes close to his ear and whispers) Have you ever felt your power slipping away from your hand?

Thug: (almost dizzy and weakly) Are you going to kill me?

Voice: No. But I’ll make you feel what I felt.

Two punches to the gut, one to the force, a kick to the head and faceplant on the wall later, the thug's down. The figure takes out a big bundle of cash and throws at them. “Don’t be afraid. Be free.” Suddenly, his phone rings.

"Where are you?"
“I am on my way back. Have you told him?"
“Yes, the graveyard, now.”

**********************************************************************************

We’re at a graveyard somewhere outside Winnipeg. Veejay is all dressed up, looking out in the vicinity. A car screeches right outside the graveyard and we see two figures walk out the car and into the gravyard. They both approach Veejay as he keeps looking out.

Dilip: He’s here Veejay. But I don’t understand why this graveyard?

Veejay doesn’t reply and simply turns around, walks past Dilip and stands toe to toe with Dorian, the man who beat him.

Dorian: Enjoying the view? How does it feel?

Veejay: I am here to make an offer to you.

Dorian laughs. He is then looks straight into Veejay’s eyes.

Dorian: You want to make an offer to me? The almighty Veejay wants to make an offer to a factory worker? Do you think I care about your offer?

Dorian Slaughter walks past him and with his back towards him continues.

Dorian: I’ve seen the likes of you. I’ve seen people who make offers. I’ve seen the offers. None of them are as tempting as mine though. In fact I have an offer of my own. (He turns around) Give in. Give into death because you can’t win. You have seen it before and you’ll see it again. Why fight something you can’t defeat?

Veejay is not amused. He turns towards him.

Veejay: Yes, you defeated me. And it was important. Because you made me realize that there’s something more powerful than death.

Dorian: Nothing is more powerful than death. Everything ends. You just don’t see it yet.

Veejay: Oh I have seen. I have seen the powerful force that even death can’t conquer. It’s hate. (he wraps his hand around Dorian’s shoulder) You’ve made me hate you. You made me realize that the biggest force in this universe is hate. I hate you and that’s a fact. But more than that, I hate losing. (he shrugs, walks a bit) We have unfinished business and I promise you that we’ll meet again. You and I can never be friends. But there’s something that you and I want at this time.

Dorian: Jon and Lexi.

Veejay: Yes, we’ll get back at each other again. But before that we have to go through them. They stand in our way. We can’t be friends, ever. But we can be partners. For one night, we can put our differences aside and put these two to rest. And there’s my offer to you.

Dorian: So what are you offering?

Veejay: I am offering you the chance to spread your message. Death is not alone. It comes with hate. My hatred for them mixed with your penchant for death can rule this very ground. Friendship is not above hate. Friendships is not above death. It’s time these two know it.

Dorian: (with a smile on his face) Hate and death. That’s an indestructible force. I accept your offer, Veejay. Together, we’ll send a message like never before. Death will indeed become Lexi and Hayes. And once we’re done with them, I’ll be waiting for you at Kingdom Come.

Veejay and Dorian shake hands. Dorian then walks away into the darkness while Veejay looks on.

Dilip: That was.....unexpected. I am now more confident. What is your game plan?

Veejay: It’s simple. We have surprise on our side. Hayada and Lexi have never faced anyone like us before.

Dilip: Hmm. There was some news about two thugs being found brutalized and traumatized in an alley behind our hotel. Your doing?

Veejay: News travels fast in this country.

Dilip: But why?

Veejay: Do I need a reason?

Dilip: Um, yes… You can’t just go on beating people up.

Veejay: Just think of it as practice. And I paid them for it. Come, let’s move. Big night ahead.

Both of them walk away in the darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back