WZCW SuperShow 5: Xander LeBelle, Phoenix & Kagura VS Batti, Vee ADZ & Veejay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
Xander LeBelle, Phoenix & Kagura VS Batti, Vee ADZ & Veejay

Rumours have run rampant that Veejay is done with WZCW and that he will be replaced in this match by another debutant. Either way all the men and women in this match will get a chance at being the number 1 contender of either the Elite Openweight belt or the EurAsian championship. This battle royal will happen at Kingdom Come.

Deadline is Monday January 2nd, 11:59PM

A dirt filled hand slide over the bar table. Alcohols were spilled all over it; the layers of the wood seemed to be peeled off the surface. His fingers were dancing over those weak woods; making tapping noises. His eyes were fastened to a television which was mounted on the wall right across the place where he sat.

???: Everclear

He ordered the bartender without taking his eyes off the TV. The bartender slides him a shot of the alcohol he ordered. He let his greezy finger to run across the rim of the cup whilst watching the television carefully.

Ascension 113 was streaming on the TV. His favourite prey that he’s been stalking over the past few weeks was on action. He screeched his fingers across the damp wood when Vee was knocked down by Xaitlyn’s kick.

???: Weak… and careless!

He took the drink to his mouth and swallowed it in one gulp when Veejay was pinned. Vee was sitting in the middle of the ring, covering his face with both hands. The figure in the dark slammed the cup on the table with a thump.

???: I don’t want him to lose. He should start winning.

Stranger: Ergh… yeah me too. He’s a good kid, got the potential but eh… he finds ways to lose.

The dark figure just gave back a “hm” as a reply to the stranger. Much to his displeasure, the stranger continued talking.

Stranger: Just like how Theron lost his plot after losing to Dr. Zeus, this kid doesn’t seem to be the same after his loss to Titus.

???: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Stranger: I thought you were interested in WZCW.

???: I’m more interested in him.

The stranger shrugged his shoulders in the direction of Vee and proceeded to drink.

???: Hey! How far is the arena from here?

Stranger: 30-minute drive?

The figure in the dark stood off his stool and put the jacket over his shoulder. He took a couple of steps before stopping right behind the stranger.

???: I’ll pay for your drink.

Stranger: Nah, it’s alright man.

???: No. I insist.

He gently pushed the stranger down in his stool by his shoulder. He tapped the stranger’s shoulder a couple of times before walking out of the bar. After a few minutes the stranger walked out of the bar, running his hands through his pockets.

Stranger: Where the fuck I put those goddamn keys! Wait… where is my truck?

……….

Philips Arena…

Vee walked down the ramp clutching the side of his head. He felt his head spinning slightly as he walked past the noisy crowd into the backstage. He turned around to see the screen closing on him. He dared to look past it into the crowd. He thought he couldn’t face the disappointment in the face of his fans. He was right, this was another opportunity laid before him. How many times he was served with full meal but couldn’t possible take it to his mouth without spilling? He stood behind the screen contemplating his next move, holding his hands to the waist.

Soon, Becky Serra, General manager of Ascension walked pass him without even minding his presence, for the contract signing between Cooper and Stormrage. Vee lets out a sigh and walked the locker room area.

He took each step slowly heading into his locker room. Just when he got closer to the room, he had a strange feeling. He realised the door was unlocked. He stepped into his room to find every windows of his room were wide open. The window curtains were flapping by the strong wind from the outside. He simply couldn’t comprehend the situation. He looked around only to see all his bags and books were left open. He couldn’t know who broke into his room and what was stolen. A strong wind threw a book across the room. Vee rushed to the window to close it, only to see a GMC Seirra rushed out of the Arena’s parking lot.

He ran outside his room, with heavy steps and still his head hurt from the match, he ran to the parking lot. He was wearing only a pair of shorts, despite that and despite the weather outside, he was sweating profusely. He wiped the sweat off his face and glanced his look around the parking lot. It was all filled with empty cars. He suddenly realised he left his room still unlocked and rushed back. He stepped into this room to see a two men inside. One of them was closing the window and the other was holding a camera in his hand.

It’s WZCW’s residential interviewer Leon Kensworth and his cameraman. Vee breathe out in relief and walked inside catching his breath.

Leon: The wind was blowing much and the Studd thought he couldn’t record properly in this wind.

Vee sat down on a chair and grabbed a towel. He was exhausted. First by the defeat, then by an apparent burglary and what bothered the most was, he didn’t know what was stolen. Now here was Leon Kensworth for a customary interview.

Vee: Can’t we do this another time?

Leon: Sorry Mr. Adzenhan, we really can’t. It’s the road to Kingdom Come and all of us, the broadcast team were working overtime to document as much as interview we can. I really can’t put this behind the list.

Vee stood up holding his forehead. He put on his merchandise T-shirt and got in front of the camera.

Leon: Good Evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. This is a special interview with WZCW Superstar Vee A.D.Z. who just had lost a wonderful opportunity to face Vis Imperium for the Tag Team Championship at Kingdom Come. You came so close to grab the golden ticket but missed it.

Vee: Does it really matter that how close I got? Because at the end of the night it’s Salvific Knights who’re going to face Vis Imperium at Kingdom Come and I’m sitting here wondering whether I’d at least make it to the card.

Leon: As a matter of fact, you are featuring in the card. I’m breaking the News here ladies and gentlemen, Vee will be featuring in a multi-man Battle Royal to determine the #1 Contender for either the Eurasian or Elite Openweight championship.

Vee blankly starred at the camera. He pondered for a while, turning his head at the direction of the window, before turning back to the camera. His mind wasn’t on interview. It was on the GMC Seirra that disappeared in the dark.

Vee: Uhm okay. Good news, I guess.

A silent followed that. He took a glass of water from the table and took a sip.

Vee: I don’t feel like I deserve this chance anymore. How many times I had this opportunity at Eurasian or Elite Championship? Everyone who debuted along with me or after me had climbed up the ladder and I had fallen into a dump instead. At last year’s Kingdom Come, I won my matches against Cassanova and Noah Ryder to get into the KFAD Elimination Chamber match. But this year, I did nothing. All I did was lose to Xaitlyn and Tony Mancini multiple times. I started to doubt myself whether I can even win a contest anymore.

Leon: Kingdom Come is an event full of opportunities. Miracles had happened at KC in the past. That’s why it is the biggest event in the history of professional wrestling.

Vee: Maybe you’re right, Leon. Kingdom Come is a great place to be and WZCW has always been fair to me. I’ll do my best.

Leon: With that, we conclude this interview. Thanks for your time, Vee A.D.Z.

Leon and the cameraman left the room soon after the interview. Vee’s mind wasn’t in one place. His mind wasn’t in the interview, clearly. He rushed through his bags to check if his wallet was there. Everything was in its place as it was left. His wallet, passport, visa and everything was there. Nothing seemed to be missing, except his phone.

He searched the entire room for it. Finally, he found his phone in his bed. He felt so relieved and picked it up and unlocked it. The dialer was already open and a number was typed on it. He sat on his bed and starred at the phone screen for a while.

Vee: Nothing was stolen. Nothing is misplaced except for this phone. This isn’t some sort of trick or a mockery. This seems to be serious.

He pressed the dial button and took the phone to his ears.

The phone was answered rather quickly but the responder wasn’t replying anything. Vee too didn’t want to start the conversation. He was unsure of who that was. He could hear the sharp breath on the other side of the phone.

Vee: Who is this?

???: I knew you’d call.

Vee: You didn’t leave a choice, did you?

???: You could’ve ignored the number. Nothing was stolen from your room.

Vee: I was just curious.

???: AH curious little boy, eh? But not so curious about Kingdom Come.

Vee: Who are you?

???: Does it matter?

???: Who are you? Are you the same Vimal Adzenhan who went toe to toe with Matt Tastic last year? Are you the same Vimal Adzenhan who knocked out the returning Justin Cooper? Who are you?

Vee: Are you a fan of mine? What do you want?

The man on the other side of the phone let out a maniacal laugh. It echoed through Vee’s ears.

???: Fans? Do you honestly believe you still have them left after you gave that confident-less, spineless interview with Leon Kensworth?

???: Does it really matter?

Vee: How do you know about me so much?

???: I know about you better than you do.

Vee: Then tell me who you are!

???: Let’s make a proposition here.

Vee: What?

???: Win your next match. Then we meet on your terms. IF you lose, we still meet, but on my terms.

Vee: What difference that it makes?

The phone got hung up. Vee dialled the number again but it was out of service. Vee was left perplexed. He knew this wasn’t a prank. This was something serious. He wanted to make sure. He dialled Leon Kensworth again.

Leon: Yes, Mr. Adzenhan.

Vee: Have you televised that interview already?

Leon: It didn’t even go to post production yet. It won’t be telecasted for another couple of days.

Vee: Can you come back to my room? Let’s make that interview over again.

He paused for a while.

Leon: Okay… I really didn’t have much time. But that interview you gave was awful. I’ll be there in a couple of minutes. Make sure to give a proper interview this time… please.

Vee: I will, Leon. I’m sorry to bother you.

……….

junko_enoshima_by_twilitshaymin-d70m6dn.png

Batti's New Year Resolution

Batti: "What a stupid, stupid, stupid year."

The angry Otaku updated her sTumblr status from her fuzzy pink phone. Action Saxton nodded and steered them away from the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

Batti: "2017 will be better. I will avenge Rammikun and knock Flex the fugg out. Can't believe that pasty nohairhavinsonovabitch..."

Saxon: "Wow. So his own tag team partner cost him his career. How will you break it to ya boo without him knowing you're a WZCW superstar?"

Batti: "I don't fugging know! Gah." :'(

She texted with frantic thumbs.

Saxon: "Are...are you sending an angry Tweak?"

Batti grumbled.

Saxon: "Don't do that. You gotta be the bigger person. Can't be bitchin' and moaning online. People got problems these days airing their laundry for the world to see. You know what you'll get if you keep that kinda thang up?"

tumblr_mqjaz2pwWr1rkib8lo3_250.gif

Batti: "Elected."

Action Saxton covered his mouth with one hand and steered with the other. He hid a smile, but he wasn't going to share it with Batti as that would've undermined his point.

Saxton: "2017 will be better though. You are already workin' in WZCW. Fought a Hall of Famer. Took on Ram's old rival and Xander LeBelle, a pretty decent talent I heard. How'd that go, by the way?"

She huffed and closed her eyes.

Batti: "I lost. But I'm not offended by that. I'm pissed that it wasn't Xander, but his manager Adonis that got the W. His reason for not fighting was 'I don't want to hurt women'. Buddy, if he saw me & Kagura as people instead of just women he would've had the balls to take us on. That kinda misogynistic attitude is going to give him a Kawaii Kick to the back of the neck next match. I am not to be trifled with on this matter. I ain't the fugging one."

Saxton: "So it'll be you and Xander next time. Right on."

Batti: "Naw it's like him and Phoenix and Kagura. I don't know how well Kagura will work with him given he *****ed out on our Triple Threat, but there's an even bigger problem I gotta deal with. Saxton-chan, Phoenix is one of The Hollow Ones."

Action Saxton stayed quiet, but his eyes narrowed.

Batti: "I gotta avenge Rammikun while standing up for equal rights with Xander diplomat thief guy as well as try and hold my own against the bakka bitch that stole Ram's voice in the first place. This will be my biggest test to date, and I ain't even beat nobody yet!" :'(

Saxton: "No but you're learning. You don't just become a superstar right off the bat. Wrestling is a long, cruel battle with ya inner demons and the demons that wanna steal your glory. You will be judged and critiqued like you never been before. But you're tough. I know you'll score that first victory and the whole damn place gonna light up like New Years Eve. You'll make friends along the way too. Is WZCW just feeding ya to the wolves are you going get backup?"

Batti: "I got Veejay and Vee A.D.Z. on my side. A.D.Z. is a stout fighter. Got the brain too. Him and Veejay were rumored to be a new tag team. But there's a lot of speculation goings on that Veejay might be leaving WZCW. Confusion Central there."

Saxton: "Sounds like there are problems in both camps. Phoenix, Kagura, and Xander can't possibly trust each other to work as a unit. And for all you know this'll be a 3-2 Handicap Match. If ya want my advice, I'd try and get in touch with Vee A.D.Z. if ya can. Start talking strategy ASAP. That way you'll be going in with some leverage."

Batti whipped off her seat belt and glomped Action Saxton. The GTO swerved on the highway. Cars behind them honked in fury.

Batti: "You're a sage, dude! OH EM GEE I got the perfect idea. Let's ransack Flex Fitness together and you can help me learn how to wrestle-"

Batti let out a yelp when her phone buzzed to life in her hands. The person calling was "<3 Rammikun Is Bae <3" She cleared her throat, clicked the green icon, and placed the phone to her ear.

Batti: "Konnichiwa babe! Whatsup?"

A slight mumble was heard from the other end. Otaku bit her lip.

Batti: "Umm sure. I got a ride from a WZCW alumni, so I'll be there any minute. What? I guess it's okay. It's Action Saxton. Mmhm no problemo. Ciao."

She hung up, but the look on her face said it all. Something was up with her boyfriend.

Batti: "That was Rammikun. He's invited you to have New Years Eve Dinner with us."

Saxton: "That's great! I'd be honored to meet another tag team champion. You don't sound happy about this, though. What's up, kiddo?"

The usually eccentric blonde looked out her passenger window. Ramparte sounded angry. Accusatory even.

She had the sneaking suspicion he saw her on Ascension.

________________________________________​

As she entered the door, she bowed down and Ramparte greeted her with an awkward kiss on the cheek. When he saw Action Saxton, The Recluse nodded and shook his hand.

Ramparte: "I'll be damned. The Manliest Man In The World. Two-Time Tag Team Champion. Retired at Kingdom Come. What're you up to these days, fellow alumni?"

Saxton: "Ah just training the new blood. Usual old man shit. Keepin' the legacy alive, ya know. How bout you? Heard Cerberus did aight. Two-Time Tag Team Champion like myself. Heard y'all got the longest title run and defense to your names too."

Ramparte: "Eh we didn't have the competition you and Saboteur had though. Who knows who would have won in a Cerberus vs. SaboSax match."

Action Saxton shrugged, and laughed loudly at the thought. Batti Otaku played with her fingers. Saxton noticed, and as if he was reading her mind started talking about her.

Saxton: "This right here is a helluva woman, Ramparte. Real firecracker and from what I have seen ain't too bad in the Pyrotechnics Department. She is doing pretty well at her job. Big wigs like her character."

Godfrey Ramparte gave a quiet sigh of relief. Batti saw it before he could play it off.

Ramparte: "That's good, and sort of refreshing. I saw you guys on TV the other day giving money to an orphanage. I felt you were out of place a little. Like I've never seen pyrotechnics get screentime..."

He rolled his wheelchair over to Batti and placed his hands on hers.

Ramparte: "Please forgive me. I've been a shit boyfriend. I had this weird idea that you'd lied or something about what you did at WZCW. But I can see them wanting you on TV. Your personality is too big to stay hidden away forever. I am sorry."

Batti: "It-It's okay, Rammikun! Nothing to forgive. I'm just out and about doing my thing. So glad we can put this behind us and have a nice New Years Eve Dinner party though." ^_^

The doorbell rang. Batti gave a confused look.

Batti: "More guests? I thought my bae was The Recluse? L-O-L."

Ramparte grinned.

Ramparte: "Tsk tsk. He isn't my guest, he's my friend."

He opened the door. Saxton stiffened. Batti's heart stopped cold.

antonio_cesaro_wwe_render_2012_by_dfreedom30-d99e97u.png

xOzWzRH.png

Batti: "No effing way..."

Flex: "Bonjour my beautiful, beautiful friends!"

Flex Mussel nodded politely to Saxton, who didn't return the gesture. He shook Ramparte's hand a little too passionately before going up to Batti.

Flex: "Batti! How about a hug?"

She talked through gritted teeth praying her boyfriend didn't hear her.

Batti "Isweartochristiwillbreakyourfuggingfaceifyoutouchme."

The athlete squeezed her tightly, not letting go. She could feel her ribs hurting. He whispered in her ear.

Flex: "This will be an interesting night, huh superstar?"

[YOUTUBE]cCrKncOpE7Q[/YOUTUBE]​

Flex Mussel, Batti Otaku, Ramparte, & Action Saxton sit together at the dinner table. Ramparte is neatly unfolding a napkin and placing it on his lap. Flex is clearing his throat, taking a sip of water. Saxton stares at his plate, his features grim. Batti is stabbing at her steak, not taking her eyes off of Flex. Ramparte smiles.

Ramparte: "So good to have the people close to me here tonight. And I hope we become even closer as the year progresses."

Saxton: "...ain't no black eyed peas in this motherfucker..."

Flex: "Indeed, Rambo! The year has been good for me at least. I retired Showtime, an icon and Hall of Famer. Not many can put away a Hall of Famer, let me tell you."

Mussel gives Batti a wink, throwing shade at her not being able to beat Titus Avison. Nobody but her sees the wink. Ramparte nods and cuts up his prime rib. Batti rolls her anime eyes.

Flex: "And I know it's a sad subject, but I want you to know I have been on the hunt for the people that crippled you, buddy. I will not rest until The Hollow Ones are hunted down by this Hound of Hell."

He grinned cockily. Batti's mouth was agape, surprised at the lie coming from his lips. Saxton nodded, and underneath the table he placed a hand on Batti's knee to calm her down. Flex eyed them both, savoring the high ground he clearly had.

Flex: "Haven't I seen you around WZCW lately, Batti?"

She talked through clenched teeth.

Batti: "I work there. Take care of the little things. Fireworks. You know."

Flex chuckled, seeing Batti's game.

Flex: "I see. A face as pretty as yours shouldn't be confined to the Backstage though. Ever thought about being a wrestler yourself? Why, I'm sure you'd pack quite a flavor."

Ramparte: "No, she doesn't want to. It's a risky business anyways. Dangerous."

Batti: "I'll speak for myself, thanks."

The room became awkwardly quiet. Ramparte furrowed his eyebrows.

Ramparte: "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interject-"

Batti: "No, I know how you forbid me to wrestle. I get it. But you can't be talking FOR me. This isn't the 1940's. Some Xander LeBelle "don't wanna fight a girl" shizz..." :|

Saxton: "...no cabbage either. What kind of New Years dinner has no cabbage or black eyed peas..."

Ramparte: "Where is this hostility coming from? Xander LeBelle? Who is that?"

Flex: "Look, I think we're all a little heated because 2016 wasn't a great year. I'm sure Batti was there when Xander gave up a spot to wrestle Kagura, you know, that chick that you fought in that Library Brawl Match. He said something about not wanting to fight a woman, and Batti, being the Wonder Woman that she is, took offense. Let's not fight, guys. New Year, New Us. What do ya say?"

"Holy shit", she thought to herself. "He's protecting my secret. Why the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is he doing that?"

She sat there dumbfounded. Ramparte bit his lip nervously.

Ramparte: "I understand. That kind of thing would definitely make somebody want to jump into a wrestling ring. If I could walk, who the hell knows. Maybe I, Kag's own rival, would come to her defense. I get that you're upset, and I spoke out of line. I truly am sorry."

Batti shrugged it off. The Recluse seemed happier.

Ramparte: "Wrestling is a deadly sport and I don't recommend a career in it. No offense, Flex. But if you wanted to wrestle, Beatrice, I can't stop you."

Batti's eyes grew as big as saucers. Saxton raised his head for a moment, forgetting about his lack of NYE good luck food. Flex even raised an eyebrow.

Ramparte: "But you must promise me to get some training under your belt. Nobody should enter the squared circle with no experience. It would look bad for you and it won't bode well with the fans. You gotta get at least two years of hard work prepping for a TV appearance. We know the ins and outs. You can ask Action Saxton about it. He'd tell you it's crazy to fight without knowing how to fight. Right, Sax?"

Saxton: "Y'all got corned beef? Like I like steak and all, but this all feels funny..."

Flex: "I wouldn't mind Batti coming over to Flex Fitness to take in some little practice. Learn to take a bump. When to play to the crowd and when to not. You know, like how we used to back in the day."

The athlete eyed Batti, making her uncomfortable. She fought back everything she had to not argue to him. He knew she had experience. He knew she could hang with the best of them, even if it's not a formula for winning. He was just toying with her and it truly pissed her off.

Batti: "I need to step out for a moment. I'm...I'm not feeling well."

She sprang from the table and before anyone could say a word to her, she darted off to her bedroom. She leapt on top of her bed and buried her face into a pillow. Batti screamed. She screamed until she ran out of breath. The enemy was at the table. A traitor among traitors. And worse yet he knew what she was. There was a knock on the door.

Batti looked up and waited. She perked up, expecting Ramparte, or Action Saxton. Instead, it was Mussel.

Flex: "I can see why Ram likes you. You're cute when you're angry."

He stepped into her room.

img-thing

Batti: "I'm going to walk on your corpse. When you least expect it, all your accolades won't mean shit because you will be dead. Center of the ring. With me looking down at you. I will walk, and then I will fugging dance. My cute face will be the last face you see before you are surgically removed from the canvas and placed on a stretcher. You will see me dance right on top of that stretcher, and EMT's will have to carry the both of us out and put us in an Ambulance. And THAT is when the real fun will begin you worthless bakka bitch!!!"

The tears came in a rush. She sniffled, and she trembled. How easy would it be to just punch him right here and now?

Flex: "Oooo kitty has claws."

Batti: "Kitty has teeth too. You'll see them on the SuperShow. I will beat Ramparte's rival Kagura. I will defeat the coward Xander LeBelle. I will crush your buddy Phoenix with my size 3A boot. Your Hollow One is done."

Flex: "You have to actually win in order to beat anybody, sweet girl. You've been in what, two matches so far? And lost both? That's 0-2. Not really a priority with The Hollow Ones, believe me. You gotta bring the thunder to make me sweat."

Batti: "Then I'll make it rain, fugger!" >.<

Flex laughed.

Flex: "An untrained ditz vs. A legend killer. Place your bets."

Batti: "Why are you bothering me? You know I can't tell Ram about you because you'll be a snitch and rat me out too. So why even come up here?" -_-

The former Cerberus member eyed her flirtatiously.

Batti: "Oooh no. Do I look like Eve Taylor to you?"

Flex: "I just want a kiss. I feel like I deserve it for lying for you. You'd break Ramparte's heart if he knew you were wrestling. Without experience either."

She was flabbergasted. Trying to keep her composure, she ignored the request.

Batti: "I'm learning. Action Saxton-chan is coaching me."

His smile faltered.

Flex: "So the kitty does have teeth. Well, he's not here and neither is your meal ticket. So how about a nice peck on the cheek? I swear I'll leave you alone."

At that moment, Saxton came in. He grimaced at the Healthiest Man Alive.

Saxton: "Best get to steppin', Flex. I have no problem letting the Board of Directors know you're harassing another employer in a provocative manner."

Flex shook his head and put his hands up.

Flex: "Happy New Year."

Ramparte's friend and attacker walked out of the room. Batti wiped away her tears.

Saxton: "You okay?"

Batti: "No. I'm not okay. And that's okay, really. It's okay to not be okay. That's how I gotta play the game, isn't it? I need to get serious sometimes, and now IS that time. The world is watchin' some happy go lucky girl run around on stage with beach balls and Lady Gaga blasting the arena. That's fine. That's me. But I am also very passionate about what I love, and what I love is Rammikun and wrestling. I will wrestle, I will lose, I will lose, and lose, and lose, and lose every week next year if I have to. But you wanna know something, senpai? One day I'll win. One day I will hear Harrys announce my name as the winner and that will be the day that all of those losses were worth it. Because I am playing the game. I am avenging my boyfriend. And if I have to break every bone in my body to get to The Hollow Ones, I'll will do it ASAP. I'm a warrior. Flex was right about one thing. I am Wonder Woman."

Having a new lease on life, Batti hugged Action Saxton.

Batti: "I have one resolution. I will be better than I was before. I won't let you or myself down. I'm going to step out on that stage and have the time of my life. And if I win, then I will know this year will be my year." :)

Saxton: "Now that's more like it, Miss Otaku. Let's get finished here, get to the arena and try and find Vee A.D.Z. and Veejay. We got a lot to go over before the match."

________________________________________​

As Ramparte led Flex outside to the athlete's car, Flex reached inside his pocket and pulled out a ticket.

Flex: "I know you don't keep up with WZCW anymore, but it would really make me happy to see you in the crowd at Kingdom Come. May witness me grabbing some gold for all we know."

The Recluse took the ticket and flipped it around in his hands.

Flex: "Good way to support your girlfriend, too. She works hard at making those fireworks, you know. And I heard this Kingdom Come will look spectacular..."

Flex patted Ram's shoulder and turned to leave. Ramparte read the ticket to himself. It was a floor seat, for those with Wheelchair Accessibility.

"I am glad that we had time to make this arrangement. Your humbling presence is a confidence booster in any situation, and you've a mind that would put Athena to shame. I have few comrades, for sure, such as Adonis, but I would only ask them should you ever think that is the best idea. Yes, please, make no mistake about it. There's only one person whom I would ever in a million years go to for advice for, and without a doubt, I--pardon me, just a little to the left, Isaac."

The butler holding up Xander's mirror for him nodded, and moved obediently to his master's instruction so that it showed a better reflection of Xander's face. Xander flashed his pearly whites, smirking deviously, and straightened his tie.

"Too much."

Without so much as a gesture or expression, Xander's butler slowly began to move his mirror back to the right before Xander held up a hand to tell him when to stop.

"As I was saying, there's only one person whom I would ever go to for advice, for, and without a doubt, I am staring at him right in the face." Xander said, his immense pride reflected in the glass. "Everything comes to a man like you eventually. That is how you wound up back in WZCW, and quickly became the talk of the town after a few years hibernation. That is how you have won the hearts of France, who have made you an ambassador; and lest we forget, that is what made you realize all those years ago how many different ties were dragging you down in life. Such as Miss Alexandra Moore, the criminal who made you believe your bizarre lifestyle choices were acceptable, and your faithful childhood butler, Liam Banks, that 'faithful' butler of yours whose terrible influence over your life you understood the day you cut him out of your life and realized you could become so much better than Le Gentleman Masque."

Resting his hand on his forehead, he tapped his index finger on his forehead.

"This is your trump card, and in your hands, it is more powerful than gluing an explosive to your opponent in the ring. And it's the one thing that makes you stand far above the rest. You want to know why?"

Xander tilted his head away from the mirror.to look at the man holding it for him.

"Isaac, do you want to know why? Also a little more to the left."

Isaac followed Xander's directions before daring to answer that question.

"S-Sir! Why is that?"

Xander laghed, motioning for his assistant to calm down..

"I hear fear in your voice. Trust me, you have nothing to fear. So long as you are on my side, I'll very happily allow any commoner to sit aside my throne. I hold absolutely no grudges towards Kagura, although she may hold something against me for my decision not to wrestle her. However, should our team falter because of that incident, that would be on her, not I. I am simply proud that I not only have a manager who can think like me every once in a while, but can back it up in the ring like I can. And if Miss Kagura can't stand it, that is all on her... Ah, but, I am getting ahead of myself."

Xander stood upright, hands behind his back.

"So Isaac, to answer that question, what makes me pick of the litter of WZCW is I know where to turn at every angle this career takes me. Many in WZCW are still looking for a solution. Can the same really be said for Garth Black, who had lost his championship recently? I don't think so."

With a flick of his wrist, Xander once again aimed his finger at 'The World's Greatest Mind' itself.

"This makes the questions that nobody has ever asked, and answers everything. It is consistent, and I know that as long as I remain faithful to it, it shall continue to bless me. And I will share that blessing with my partners, like Kagura and of course, poor Phoenix. Whose talents, like mine, were wasted. I believe if he had an Andrew Adonis of his very own, maybe things would be different for him. Perhaps he will see that when Adonis is in my corner. There's only one Andrew Adonis, but an above average knock-off version might be worth looking into."

Isaac's hand began to shake. Xander placed a glove on it to keep it steady.

"So, Isaac, do you have any new year's resolutions this year?"

"Oh...um...I had been hoping to shed some weight this year, sir! Isaac panicked for a response.

Xander clapped.

"A noble goal, one definitely within the realms of possibility, so long as you have the schedule and determination to pull it off. I wish that many were like you. There is a saying that goes along the lines of 'stay within your lane'. One person in particular last WZCW show didn't and that was her fault?"

"D-Do you mean, Batti?"

Xander nodded. "Indeed I do. You could argue she did great as a manager. Was she the best? Heavens no, but she worked well alongside someone like Ramparte. What she brought out on the apron is immense, but when the man who is normally outside the ring can demolish the person inside the ring, perhaps it's time to consider that that was where you belonged to begin with. My advice that I would give to her would be find a new client; if not Ramparte, maybe she can bring some credibility to Phoenix, and perhaps stop watching mindless cartoons while she's at it. And that's what I hope to show to her at our bout. That said, I won't be the one to throw a fist at her. I will merely observe as a gentleman does as I see her struggle and fall like rocks down the endless chasm of WZCW."

Xander grabbed the mirror for himself, as he looked for any and all inconsistent hairs in his stubble.

"Not unlike the rocks that are her brains. And if she lays one hand on myself or my manager before I can tag out, it's not simply I or Adonis that will be after her. It's France that she has to be afraid of. I shall make my statements known to those who run WZCW personally, and create the biggest scandal that WZCW has ever seen. I swear to you on that."

Xander motioned another one of his assistants to come by with his famous cane, one many would be familiar as the one used for "A Touch of Class". He gripped the top of it tightly.

"And since I'm not going to fight Batti Otaku, I shall instead prepare myself for the people who I have stepped in the ring before. Veejay, and Vee A.D.Z., I expect nothing less than what they had shown to me when I fought them. It wasn't enough to save the two of them the past two times, but every dog has its day, as the saying goes." Xander sighed. "It's just a shame that those dogs have to try and best two others besides me. And not just two others, but two others that have both the skills and the leader who can bring them to victory. I can't--"

Xander's speech was broken by the sounds of the mirror Isaac held up dropping to the floor with a crash. Xander nearly flinched at the noise as he his gaze to the ground and then back up at the sorry excuse for a sniveling butler who had dropped his mirror. His thick glasses completely obscured his eyes as they gleamed ominously.

"I-I'm sorry...I can pay it back. I promise..." Isaac said with a gulp. He tried masking his fear, but his body trembled as Xander looked him in the eyes directly. "I need this job."

"It seems as though you've chosen to no longer be on my side, Isaac."

Xander reached into his pocket to pull out a cigar, before putting it in his mouth, and snapping his finger. Another one of his many assistants rushed to light it.

"I'll make a deal with you. Let's leave your fate up to the person I trust the most."

With another snap of his fingers, yet another assistant brought in a mirror and held it in front of Xander. Isaac took deep breaths as Xander calmly stared into his mirror, slowly took out his cigar, breathed a puff of smoke, and gave his answer.

"Get rid of him." he said to his reflection.

Pointing his cigar at two assistants of his, they escorted him right out of the building. Xander didn't even bat an eyelid. Instead, he simply stared back into his reflection as he put back the cigar in his mouth.

"I always know best."

I had a myriad of different emotions running through my head as I stepped through the curtain. It was my first time back in front of a WZCW crowd in months. The gate that night was good, and I could feel my blood begin to pump as I heard my music. Even though I hadn’t felt like my “old self” in quite some time I could never forget the feeling that I had every time I walked onto that ramp. At that moment my only desire was to destroy Batti Otaku. She represented the last remnant of the feud that I had with Ramparte and a part of me just could not let that grudge go. Another part of me just wanted to move on. Ramparte wasn’t even healthy anymore and it was beneath me to fight a cripple. I still had some integrity left. But yet there was another part of me; a third part that was growing stronger by the day that left me feeling weak and empty.

At first I thought it was depression, because the moment that Ramparte was injured I felt hollow. I wasn’t satisfied with my loss at Unscripted and I wished to pay him back. Only then did I realize that it didn’t matter. I had won the war, and in the end Ramparte wasn’t able to regain his voice. It was mine. That bimbo had been a bystander throughout our battles, and I didn’t realize that she had meant as much to Ramparte as I had initially thought. I even made jokes about their relationship, but she was now fighting his battles for him, so I understood full well her reasons to hate me. But that growing part of me didn’t care.

In some weird twisted way, I did feel sympathetic but I wasn’t sorry. I attacked Ramparte to ensure my own survival. If Batti couldn’t appreciate that then I was more than justified to defend myself. I couldn’t reverse what was done even if I wanted to. This feeling wasn’t depression. Nor was it guilt or remorse.

I blacked out…

I barely caught my introduction, which the moronic announcer botched, when I suddenly gripped the bridge of my nose in pain. I didn’t even notice the blur of pink as Batti caught me off guard, rushing out to meet me before I could even get inside the ring.

That harlot!

I tried to defend myself by the turnbuckle, but my head was still throbbing. Batti was so furious that her strikes weren’t really all that effective. It was more like a child throwing a tantrum than anything else. The referee broke us apart when I suddenly heard my other opponent’s music. I barely caught Xander’s minutiae when I saw a blond haired man throw Batti back into the steel steps. It was at that moment that realized that I had been screwed over…

‘Well played Xander Lebell. I won’t forget this.’

I launched myself over top rope and focused my attention to Batti. I wasn’t going to let her get away with blindsiding me either. I was going to teach her a lesson that she wouldn’t soon forget. Knee strike after knee strike I pummeled her until she laid limp, before driving her into the barricade. I found I couldn’t pin her to the mat that easily though; the girl had guts. From there everything felt like a blur. My new opponent, Andrew Adonis, made himself known. I didn’t know a thing about him. I was unprepared.

Cursing myself, while trying to fight through the nagging pain in the front of my skull, like my brain was trying to seep its way out of my septum, I managed to find myself in control of the match once more. The crowd wasn’t on my side but I didn’t care. I had nothing to prove to them anyways. Let them hate. I suppose it was intimidation that they felt than anything else. Most off my opponents treaded lightly around me after I proved that I was capable of just about anything; didn’t matter if I was in the ring or out of it.

Adonis soon proved to be much more than just a handsome face. He was quite skilled, easily outmaneuvering Batti at most turns. Even if I didn’t have the nagging pain in head I would have been hard pressed to keep up with him too, and soon we both found ourselves at his mercy. That was an embarrassing feeling. I felt like a child. I could hear Batti wailing beside me. She must have tweaked her knee. Soon I had managed to dispose of him but Batti cut me off and trapped me in a submission hold before I could react.

“Even if you beat me that won’t revive your Rammi-kun,” I bellowed in retaliation.

The girl snarled and with a surprising surge of what had to be rage filled strength I felt myself air born as she drove me back first into the canvas. I felt myself bounce off the mat as she tried to pin me, but I wouldn’t go down that easily either. It was that moment when I saw her come unglued. A look of sadistic rage filled her face as I knew she was entering a dark place. I smiled. Batti taunted the crowd before returning with a steel chair.

I allowed her to set my head on top of it as I waited, baiting her. As she swung her leg towards me, looking to drive my face through the steel, I moved as I heard her cry out in pain as her injured left leg twisted once more.

“Is this really worth crippling yourself over, you fool?” I yelled at her.

Before I could capitalize, that bastard Adonis had me trapped in an excruciating arm bar. I had tried to go for the kill but he was faster. There was nothing I could do. I screamed as I felt my shoulder nearly being torn from its socket. I heard steel hitting flesh as Adonis cried out in pain and released me. I suppose Batti wanted to finish me herself. I don’t know if I would have tapped right there, but I wasn’t going to give her that satisfaction. As she raised the chair over her head, I reared back and sprayed her with the red mist that I always kept at the bottom of my mouth on standby for emergency use. It was like being pepper sprayed. And if she felt like caving in my head with a chair then she would have to do it while blinded.

Satisfied with myself at her cries of torment, I signaled for the end. I knew I had to finish the match quickly as I felt my strength leaving my body. My head was still throbbing, no thanks to my opponents, and my left arm was killing me. In a daze I grabbed the chair and raised it above my head, looking to strike the still fresh Adonis, who had rolled back inside the ring. I don’t really remember what had happened next. As I raised the chair I felt searing pain in arm so badly that I dropped it as if being burned with an iron. And yes, I did know what that felt like.

Next thing I knew I was on the ground, and the pain in my head had subsided. I vaguely recalled hearing the bell. Adonis must have hit me so hard that I had passed out. I mean there were worse ways of suffering defeat I suppose. And at least Batti didn’t get that satisfaction. As the referees helped me to the back I was soon informed by the staff doctor William Jacobs that I had suffered a concussion. The replays showed the back of my head bouncing off the canvas in a particularly nasty way.

Son of a bitch…

-----​

I was told to take it easy over Christmas break. Being a foreigner I really didn’t understand the holiday like the Americans did. The Japanese really used the holiday as another excuse to throw gifts at each other. It wasn’t seen as a particularly major holiday. Despite my concussion I was still on the road. I lived out of hotels as I did not have a house or an apartment. It wasn’t exactly an extraordinary lifestyle. I missed the days when I used to travel with my manager Gozaburo; on my days off we’d travel back to his home in St. Louis if we were close enough. He’d regale me with tales about his old glory days and he treated me like family. Those moments I still treasured even if they felt like a lifetime ago.

I didn’t have any visitors until Christmas Eve when he showed up at my door; Dr. Derrick Housman.

It was so good to see him again. We had reconnected earlier but I hadn’t had the chance to spend any time with him. I really wasn’t in the right frame of mind when I had “broken up” with him. He seemed very concerned when I had explained to him the reason why…

“You performed the ritual again, what on Earth for?”

“I was losing my voice; literally,” I responded flatly.

“So I stole a new one from some loud mouthed coworker.”

He looked flabbergasted. “Have there been any changes?”

I blinked. “No, not that I know of. I still feel the same as I did when I used it the first time. Except that I’ve been getting these awful headaches.”

“Headaches?”

I nodded. “Yeah, like migraines. And they are very painful. Lately they’ve begun impairing my ability to perform at my upmost level, so the doctor prescribed me some pain pills.”

“Have they helped?”

I shook my head. “A little, but not really. I suffered a concussion at work a few days ago; that oddly enough has slowed them down. I haven’t gotten them as frequently.”

“A concussion? That really is odd, I imagine that would have made your headaches even worse…”

He paused. “Kagura, I’m beginning to think that these headaches of yours aren’t normal migraines. That book of yours is cursed.”

I scoffed. “No shit. And it’s made my life a whole easier.”

“Has it really?” he challenged.

“You lost your voice, that’s not normal. Your behavior is completely different too. Do you not remember what happened that night in Japan? Do you remember what happened to your manager Sasuke?”

I clinched my hand. “I do; he was shot by a thug trying to protect me. I never even got to visit him in the hospital.”

He fell silent. “You really don’t remember do you? Do you recall what happened when you first used the ritual?”

I raised my eyebrow. Of course I remembered.

“It was on that Ryuumi woman. The other shrine maiden that stole the book from me. I must have used the ritual on her.”

Derrick sat in silence just glaring at me. I knew he was hiding something, but I didn’t care. This was the first time in months that we were together again, and on a festive time of year too. We could afford to celebrate. My body felt hot. I needed him in the worst possible way.

He opened his mouth to speak but I slammed my fist on the table to cut him off and then I held up my hands in defeat.

“Can we please not talk about this right now? I missed you so much over these past few months. Everything that’s been happening in my life over this past year has been crazy. And then I met this wonderful guy that treats me so well, that I’m happy to have him. I missed you so much baby, didn’t you miss me too?”

He sighed and slowly smiled right back, “Of course I did Kagura.”

I smiled. I was relieved to hear that. He took his hand and grabbed mine. I stared into his eyes; those brown orbs shone with love and compassion. I knew I had to make him mine. Before I could do anything, he suddenly grabbed me and embraced me passionately, locking his lips with mine. I suppose he had the same idea.

-----​

Several days passed. I was standing backstage in front of a mirror just a few moments before my next match. I was in a six man tag, with Xander Lebell and Phoenix as my to partners. Phoenix I did not know a whole lot about, but as long as he didn’t get in my way we wouldn’t have a problem. I didn’t trust Xander Lebell at all. How did I know that he wouldn’t try to screw me over? He was a tricky one. This match was going to be chaotic, I just knew it. Chaos just seemed to follow me all over the place. Hand in hand we skipped along like a two figures in a morbid fairy tale, stepping over the bodies of fallen foes along the way.

“Xander Lebell; you pulled one over on me last time. I wasn’t expecting that at all. Just keep your tricks and funny business to yourself and maybe we might pull out a win tonight. Same goes for you too, Phoenix.”

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and checked over my makeup one last time.

“Batti Otaku; clearly you have something to prove. I don’t care. You are fighting for a lost cause. And because of that I really don’t wish to fight you, but if you try to pull that same shit on me this time, I guarantee you that you will be stretchered out of that arena. You are nothing but a child, and children don’t have a place inside the ring. But since I don’t make the rules, do whatever you will.”

I gave my body a quick glance over with some light stretches. I felt strong.

“I don’t have anything against Vee A.D.Z or Veejay. They are both stepping stones for me. Crushed rock that will soon line whatever path that will take me to my next destination. Kingdom Come is on the horizon. That means new opportunities for all of us. In America they have something called a New Year’s Resolution. In Japan they have something similar, but I have no mochi to make and I have no bells to ring. My desire is to compete for the gold, and at Kingdom Come my wish is to once more hold the Elite X championship… or the Eurasian championship. It doesn’t really matter. I won’t let anything stand in my way now that I’m whole again.”

I turned on the faucet and popped three of my pain pills. Dear Kami did my head hurt.

The whole arena was buzzing with various chants. My entrance theme was blaring on the speakers across arena.

‘’Ladies and gentlemen. This is the match we all were waiting for.” Was I? Was I waiting for this match? Throughout the weekend, I don’t remember thinking about the match. My mind was elsewhere. Just at that point, someone nudged me.

“Wren, go! It’s time!” the voice said. I had no time to think about it. It was time. I stepped out through the curtains into the arena. The whole place came unglued. It was overwhelming. I could feel the energy through the arena.

“It all started last month when Hayata Kanami challenged Wren for her streak!”

“Yes, a streak that has lasted 8 years! Can you imagine if Hayata pulls this off?”

Hayata’s challenge didn’t really bother me. I have never been afraid of losing, but today I felt something different. It was like I had to win today, and yet I wasn’t there 100%. I could hear my name chanted across the arena, and yet I felt silence across me. I climbed the turnbuckles and soaked in the adulation I was receiving. Hayata was already in the ring, her eyes oozing confidence.

“[FONT=&quot]&#31169;&#12399;&#12354;&#12394;&#12383;&#12434;&#30772;&#22730;&#12375;&#12414;&#12377;[/FONT](I will destroy you!)” I believed her. But I didn’t want to give her know that. As soon as the bell rang, she charged at me.

“I have come here to see her.” Vance Bateman, GM of Meltdown was backstage.

“You could’ve called me. I would’ve come to receive you.” Horigoshi Mutsumi, owner of the JSS, one of the biggest women’s wrestling promotions, wasn’t too thrilled about Vance’s visit.

“See, it’s just business. WZCW is not trying to compete with you. I just want Wren to complete the formalities.”

“Who told you Wren wants to go to WZCW? She has been our pride for years!”

I stood outside the door, but didn’t want to enter.

“Look ma’am. I respect you as a promotor, and we’ll never want to raid your promotion for talent. But we didn’t make the offer. It was her call.”

Horigoshi was taken aback. “Why would she do this to me?” she murmured. I entered the room. I glanced over in her direction, but I didn’t have the courage to look in her eyes.

“Ah! There you are. I just need you to sign this last piece of document and I’ll be on my way.” I was reading through the document as Horigoshi sat their motionless. Satisfied, I put my signature on the document.

“Thank you! I would’ve sent my lawyer, but I wanted to meet you in person. By the way, do you ever take that mask off?” A cold stare from me followed. “I didn’t mean any offense. I’ll be on my way.” Vance exited the room, leaving me to face Horigoshi. She had all the right to be upset with me. After all, if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be here.

I sat beside her and put my arms around her. That deafening silence had filled the room. I kept a note on the table for her, kissed on the back of her head and left. Horigoshi waited till I was long gone to open the note.

Hi,

I didn’t want it like this, but asking to leave was too difficult for me. I know you will hate me for this, especially after everything you’ve done for me, and I’ll forever be grateful for that. But the time had come for me to move away, move on. It doesn’t mean I am gone for good, it’s just something more than I need to find for me. Just remember me for whatever good I may have done, and forgive me for the pain I’ve caused. I’ll never be far. Whenever you need me, I’ll be there for you.

Wren

“I cannot believe my eyes! Wren’s 8-year long streak has come to an end!”

I lay their motionless, pinned for the first time. I gingerly got back upon my feet, still woozy from that thunderous powerslam I received few moments ago. I was still in disbelief that this was my last match here. I looked all around the arena, wanting to soak in all of it in. I bowed down to the audience all around, still trying to come to the terms with the decision I had taken. Suddenly I heard a load cheer across the arena. Horigoshi Mutsumi had come to the arena. She rarely ever came to the ring. She walked slowly amidst the cheers, waiving her hands to the crowd. A camera man helped her get in the ring. The chants of her name rung across the arena as the cheers kept on going. She took a mic and addressed the crowd.

“For all of you who didn’t know, this is Wren’s last ever match here in JSS.” A loud gasp could be heard across the arena. People were bewildered by the words Horigoshi was speaking. “She has signed up with WZCW, one of the biggest wrestling promotions in the US and the world, and I’d like to congratulate her on that. But I just want to tell her one thing. She may wrestle wherever she wants…” a pause followed as she looked at me, “but she’ll always remain a daughter to me.”

The arena was drowned in thunderous cheers, but it was all silent to me, while Horigoshi hugged me in the middle of the ring. I was ready for the new chapter in my journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back