WZCW Discussion Thread

For any of you fellow Whovians out there - the last two minutes of the Dr. Who Christmas Special were the only parts worth seeing. Just contrived and boring until then. Could probably catch it on YouTube and save yourself some time.

We haven't had a good Christmas Special since Matt Smith's final episode.

Haven't seen any of the Capaldi episodes yet. I left off towards the end of when Matt Smith was there. Genuinely forgot all about catching up on that.

Watched Justice League last night.....what the fuck was that DC? Why in the flying fuck are you letting Zack Synder within 100 yards of your biggest project ever?
That was supposed to rival Avengers...ha fucking ha fucking ha. Not even close. That was a shitty, shitty movie. There wasn't a single redeeming thing about it.

I had high hopes too. Garbage.

I'm pissed.

Watched Justice League last night.....what the fuck was that DC? Why in the flying fuck are you letting Zack Synder within 100 yards of your biggest project ever?
That was supposed to rival Avengers...ha fucking ha fucking ha. Not even close. That was a shitty, shitty movie. There wasn't a single redeeming thing about it.

I'm pissed.

So what you're saying is that it was par for the course for most non-Batman DC movies.

I'm pissed.

Really? Not one thing? Fucking hell man.

To be fair, a majority of comic-book superhero movies are either formulaic or below average. It is truly unexpected to find one of those movies that are actually good.

Justice League was good, better than the last Avengers movie but because it's not the "Marvel formula" people bitch.

Thor was better (of course) but the hate JL is getting is not really justified.

There has never been a good Superman movie. Justice League falls into that same bunch with the rest of them.

Props to 'em for trying though.

This is coming from a fan who prefers DC over Marvel. But DC just can't catch a break in the movies other than Batman and Wonderwoman. JL was an uninteresting flop of a film. It did no Justice at all to any of the superheroes, left zero to desire for a (lol) Justice League 2, even less interest for separate projects like Aquaman or Cyborg.

Been playing my son's switch....mario kart n odyssey mainly, but gonna start Zelda soon. Enjoying it much more than i thought.

I thought Justice League was pretty good for the most part. The only negative I can think of was how predictable it was. But there were plenty good things about it. I'm with Lee on this one, the hate that it got was way above justified. The problem is that everyone was expecting it to be a rival to the Avengers but it was never going to be that.

There has never been a good Superman movie. Justice League falls into that same bunch with the rest of them.

Props to 'em for trying though.

Oh, sir. Sir. I must protest. The original is a classic, and Man of Steel wasn't bad at all.

Justice League though....meh. I'm a huge Marvel fan, first to admit it, but honestly I do love DC too. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman are both good, if not very good movies, and even with all of its problems, I can watch the ultimate edition of BvS quite happily. If I have 3 hours free...

But Justice League?. Is it as bad as is being touted around? Not at all. Neither was BvS. But it isn't good. It feels disjointed (yes, two directors, so this couldn't be helped much) the villain was woefully underdeveloped (Marvel are guilty of this too) And it honestly feels rushed.

Having said that, seeing these characters meeting on screen for (mostly) the first time was worth the price of admission. Well worth it. But it could have been more.

Specifics in spoiler tags for any who haven't watched:

- Why did the dirt hover off the grave in BvS? We've established that's a pre-flight thing for Kryptonians so why did it happen when he was definitely dead?

- On that, I HATED that the Justice League basically said 'nah, we haven't got this. We need Superman!' Way to make your main heroes look like nothing more than back-up boys to the Man of Steel.

- Why tease a Lantern and not have one show up at the end?

- Not really a spoiler but just a big rant; this film was compromised by what came before it. BvS ruined what should have been a badass moment with the Trinity forming for the first time. Honestly, tell me that, had they not had Batman and Wonder Woman in that movie, simply called it Man of Steel: Doomsday and stuck with that one well built) storyline instead of cramming about five or six in there, that they could have reached a similar point with this movie where the heroes meet due to Batman wanting to fill the gap left by Clark and be a beacon of hope after Supermans noble sacrifice. You'd have added another 20 minutes/half an hour onto the running time, which would have made it similar to a lot of these movies running time-wise anyway, establishing how Wonder Woman and Batman meet, and you could have had THE SAME FILM BUT IT WOULD HAVE MEANT MORE. It's cool to see Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman join them, but it doesn't mean as much when half the cast are already familiar with one another.

...fuck, that was a rant. I didn't mean to rant. Oops, sorry guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back