WZ Tourney Semi Final: The Undertaker vs. Edge

The Undertaker vs. Edge

• The Phenom

• The Rated R Superstar

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match is the Semi-Final of the Wrestlezone Tournament. The WCW Region winner faces off against the winner of the ECW. Keep in mind that this is the second match of the night as we are now into the King of the Ring style segment of the tournament. This match is from Houston TX, in Reliant Stadium.

The Undertaker
71.jpg

vs.

The Rated R Superstar Edge
edgelita3.jpg

Again, another one where there'll be more material on who and who shouldn't win than is really needed.

Blunt facts are this, in their primes, The Undertaker creamed Edge time and time again. In a one-on-one match, Edge would find it immensely difficult to beat Undertaker. WrestleMania 24, for example. Shit match, but it just goes to show that Taker can take everything Edge throws at him and still win decisively.

I've managed to look up every match that Undertaker and Edge had one-on-one together during their recent feud, where I think most people would agree they were both pretty much in their primes.

Match One: WrestleMania 25, Regular Match - The Undertaker defeats Edge emphatically, taking two spears and finishing with a reversal of one into his patented choke hold. I don't really know if it is actually patented, but that's beside the point.

Match Two: Backlash, Regular Match - The Undertaker defeats Edge once again.

Match Three: Judgment Day - The Undertaker defeats Edge, taking him to the outside and beating him back to the ring to win by count-out. A win's a win, y'know? It'd be perfectly valid in this scenario.

Match Four: One Night Stand, Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match - Edge wins after quite honestly the most interference and cheating I have ever seen in one match. To this day, this is Edge's only one-on-one victory over the Deadman.

Match Five: SummerSlam, Hell in a Cell - atrocious match, in which Edge just jumps around holding objects for twenty minutes. Doesn't seem to phase Taker, who kicks the fuck out of him and chokeslams him through the ring afterwards... just to prove a point.

So yeah, there is no existing precedent to suggest Edge wins here. In its place, there seems to be the overwhelming suggestion that Edge could only beat The Undertaker in "his" match, after an incredible amount of interference, where The Undertaker was put through four tables and where there was no submission or pinfall required.

So yeah, The Undertaker unquestionably wins this one.

Undertaker wins, and it shouldn't be close. edge has too much hatred at this point to go over, but I'm sure Will can sneak a few votes out for him. The simple fact is, that Edge just received a beating of a lifetime by Austin, while Taker barely got scratched tossing Benoit around the ring.

Taker has beaten Edge on a level playing ground before, so why should it be any different when he's got more energy, and has taken less of a beating? If you think you want to vote Edge, here's exhibit A:

undertaker-gogoplata.jpg

I think Taker has this one, but I think we have another tight one.

Despite the fact that Edge had a hell of a beating against Austin, I think Edge could have a steal here. With him being a heel and knowing how to play the system, you can expect Edge to be taking breaks outside the ring, hell, maybe trick Taker out of the ring and win via countout. I think Taker has proven time and time again that he can beat Edge one on one and yeah, Edge needs backing to beat Taker, but I do think Will is going to provide a good argument to keep Edge in this game.

I think Taker will most likely win, but I think it won't be easy. Just because he had a squash match against Benoit doesn't mean it will be easy when Edge has so much of an arsenal to offer than Benoit did. Watch this space.

Reactions: NSL
Edge has more of an arsenal than Benoit? Whatever you're smoking, I want some. That's gotta be some primo shit.

Yeah, Edge bends the rules. He does it all the time. Unfortunately, he also loses most of his matches, proving it's not really that successful of a tactic. I mean, in recent weeks, he's lost to CM Punk and Jeff Hardy, thus proving that bending the rules doesn't make you the invincible force that many posters interpret him to be.

I think Taker has this one, but I think we have another tight one.

If by tight you mean Taker's chances of winning are air-tight, then yes.

Despite the fact that Edge had a hell of a beating against Austin, I think Edge could have a steal here. With him being a heel and knowing how to play the system, you can expect Edge to be taking breaks outside the ring

Was the Undertaker never a heel or something? He doesn't understand heel tactics?

hell, maybe trick Taker out of the ring and win via countout.

...Are you kidding me? What is the Undertaker mentally ******ed? He can't count to ten? That's such an absurdly weak argument.

I think Taker will most likely win, but I think it won't be easy. Just because he had a squash match against Benoit doesn't mean it will be easy when Edge has so much of an arsenal to offer than Benoit did. Watch this space.

Like Sam said, please inform us as to what you are smoking and where I can find some. When the hell did Edge become Dean Malenko? Seriously, I want to see evidence of Edge's apparent technical prowess.

This one without a doubt goes to the Undertaker.

This isn't even a close battle.

Undertaker has won every major battle, all of the wars, and Edge won't be beating him in a 1-on-1 match with DQ's looming. Undertaker still nearly beat Edge even with his shenanigans, and we seen 'Taker's dominance in the one on one, level playing field match-ups.

This should go to the Undertaker. Just as we saw last round with Chris Benoit, we've seen Taker and Edge go at it. They've gone at it numerous times and everytime Edge has been in a situation where outside interference hasn't been a factor, he's gotten creamed.

Given the special rules of this round, I'd say that the Undertaker is also the fresher man by far. As he's done with every opponent he's faced, Taker crushed Benoit while Edge definitely had his hands full with Austin. I can't say I'm surprised Edge got past Austin, though I did expect it to be a little closer.

As has happened with every other opponent Taker's faced so far, he's proven that he can take everything Edge can dish out and come back with the win. I've no doubt that Edge will pull out all the stops and then some. I think he'll give the Undertaker a good test, but without the aid of outside interference, he just simply can't beat the Undertaker. Taker showed that at WM 24, then at Backlash, and then at SummerSlam in a HIAC match.

I'm voting for Edge. Why, you ask? I'll tell you why: Fuck the Undertaker. That's why. Satisfied? Eh, I don't care. :icon_razz:

Seriously though, it's as simple as this. I've known of The Undertaker since he first debuted in the WWF. That was in 1991, and during that entire time, I would say there are roughly ten matches out of his entire career where I was actually entertained while that man was on my TV. All his promos and angles were shit, and so were most of his matches. I've never found the guy intriguing, at all. Do I respect him? Yes, but at the same time… I downright hated him all throughout my childhood, and it wasn't until his match against Kurt Angle on Smackdown in New Orleans where I finally started liking the guy. But then the next week he was shit again. And he remained being shit, unless he was in the ring with a fantastic worker, where, when 'Taker was, to his credit, he was able to get some classic matches under his belt. However, that's not enough for me to vote for him over someone like Edge.

I've liked Edge from the start. The Brood was awesome, and Edge stuck out to me more than any other member in the faction. He reminded me a lot of Raven, for some reason. But yeah... right from the start I dug him. And it wasn't too long after that he started participating in some of the greatest tag team matches to ever take place. And not only were the matches absolutely tremendous, but so were the promos. I mean, this guy cracked me the fuck up at will. He was truly hilarious. Once the tag team deal was over, he had a great singles run before his injuries, having great matches against Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar, ect. Then the neck injury happens and he's out for a long while. He returns and WWE sticks him with this serious babyface character, and it just doesn't work. So they turn him heel, and Edge goes on to have a good feud with Shawn Michaels and wins what was in my opinion, the best Money in the Bank match to take place thus far. So Edge does that, bangs Lita, gets shit for it but looks awesome in my eyes, beats the living hell out of Fat Hardy when that douchebag returns, has one of the greatest cage matches in history against said douche, and then goes on to win the WWE Title and be the first heel to actually draw boos against John Cena since Cena's transition to Raw. And after that... week after week Edge has been consistently one of, if not THE, most entertaining wrestlers WWE has to offer.

That's why Edge is getting my vote. He's been in the WWE for 10 years and entertained me the entire fucking time, where 'Taker has been there for almost 20 years and has only given me a great match here and there. I don't give a shit about kayfabe or 'Taker's legacy; I'm voting for Edge simply for that reason and that reason only. And to me, it’s justified.

Well someones got to do it.
I'm going with Edge.
edgevtake.jpg

Get use to it
edgeatake.jpg

Since La Famila was when Edge was at the top of his game this is a possibility
edgebtake.jpg

Refs are easily distracted and with Ryder and Hawkins around to confuse Undertaker it could be a possibility for Edge to seize the oppurtunity and take Undertaker down.
Without La Famila it could be something like this
z156399985.jpg

This will be a tough match for Edge but I believe he can put the Deadman away. He's done it before.

Well my personal feelings, pretty much when people throughout this tournamant go to the stable argument, then pretty much it's desperation. It's the same with Ric Flair and the Horsemen, and other men that relied on stables, it's simply a bad argument. If the wrestler isn't good enough to win on his own merits, then that's all you need to know.

However, Edge is a good wrestler, but I'm not sure he gets past the Deadman here. I believe that these two are 3 Wins for the Undertaker, 2 Wins for Edge, and 1 Bye, I could be wrong. I think Edge's two wins are the Money in the Bank Cash in (after Batista and Henry softened him up) and the TLC Match (Thank You La Familia). The Undertaker won at Wrestlemania, won at Backlash, and sent Edge to Hell in the Hell in the Cell, and then the bye at Judgment Day.

Couple in the fact of the previous round, and I think it's a tremendous up hill battle for Edge. I enjoy both guys, and believe the Undertaker and Edge both get a lot of hate they don't deserve.

I'm leaning with the Deadman, and Bret Hart, just so I have a chance to ****e otu the most under rated match in WWF History, Summerslam 1997.

Reactions: X
Both men are exceptional performers....There's nothing Edge can do to keep Taker down...Taker wins

I can't bring myself to vote for Edge I just can't. I've been trying to justify it to myself but there's nothing I can come up with that will put Edge over The undertaker.

'Taker could probably deal with any interference from La Familia it's not like they're that tough.

Every 1-on-1 match with no interference where Undertaker has been at 100% Undeertaker has won.

And because this is a KOTR style tournament you have to take into account the fact that The Undertaker won a squash against Benoit where Edge went toe to toe in a War with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

'Taker wins this

Well someones got to do it.
I'm going with Edge.
edgevtake.jpg

Get use to it
edgeatake.jpg

Since La Famila was when Edge was at the top of his game this is a possibility
edgebtake.jpg

Refs are easily distracted and with Ryder and Hawkins around to confuse Undertaker it could be a possibility for Edge to seize the oppurtunity and take Undertaker down.
Without La Famila it could be something like this
z156399985.jpg

This will be a tough match for Edge but I believe he can put the Deadman away. He's done it before.

What the FUCK is this piece of shit post? Fucking desperate. Let's say i consider the Undertaker's prime to be his ministry days. Than Edge's faction is obsolete because I can counter that with saying the Ministry beats the shit out of La Familia.

Undertaker is a better pro wrestler. He is the man known for sitting up out of everything including Edge's spear. Edge however won't sit up out of a tombstone piledriver. Undertaker again is the fresher man by far. Edge had to go through fucking Brock Lesnar in a barbed wire match than Austin. There is absolutely no fucking way he beats Taker here. hell he'll be lucky to even walk to the fucking ring. It's not even close.

I would consider myself the "silent Will" throughout this tournament. By that I mean, I as not very vocal but each round I gave my vote to Edge without question. Now though, he meets the Undertaker and I cannot hold my silence any longer. Whoever thinks that Edge will beat the Undertaker here is sorely mistaken. Taker would absolutely crush Edge no doubt about it. The only reasons I can think of that someone would vote Edge here is out of defiance of sheer fanboyism. I say defiance because some might vote for Edge so as not to vote for Taker and some might vote for Edge because he is Edge. Seriously though, Edge, as much as I love the guy, hasn't got a hope in Hell in this one. This one won't even be tight IMO.

What the FUCK is this piece of shit post? Fucking desperate. Let's say i consider the Undertaker's prime to be his ministry days. Than Edge's faction is obsolete because I can counter that with saying the Ministry beats the shit out of La Familia.
This idea is shit Edge was in the fucking Ministry and that was not Undertakers prime at all.
Edge had to go through fucking Brock Lesnar in a barbed wire match
It wasn't the same night.
hell he'll be lucky to even walk to the fucking ring. It's not even close.
he'll he'll he'll walk to the ring and beat Taker

Your arguments a fucking joke and full of holes. Undertaker has to be one of the easiest fucking people to argue for, how'd you do so shitty.

This idea is shit Edge was in the fucking Ministry and that was not Undertakers prime at all.
How about after The Brood left The Ministry? and yeah Undertaker was in his prime during the Ministry. Although peoples opinion on Primes vary that what I think
1 point for you
This is just straight up Bull shit. No one has EVER been able to walk right up to the ring and Beat Undertaker and if you watch wrestling at all you would know this
Your arguments a fucking joke and full of holes.
your argument isn't bullet proof either
Undertaker has to be one of the easiest fucking people to argue for, how'd you do so shitty.
Actually Fizzy did pretty good. Just because you disagree with him means he did a shitty job.

I think this one is closer than most people are speculating.

Past matches between Edge and Undertaker have been "slobber-knockers" and I wouldn't expect this one to be any different.

Based on Edge being a "heel" for the match and Taker being a "face", that means the cheap tactics will go in favor of Edge. But with the match taking place in Houston, that gives Taker the homefield advantage.

Despite the bending of the rules that would surely be utilized by Edge, I can't imagine Taker going down in his home state this late in his career.

Experience and desire win out - Undertaker moves on.

I've managed to look up every match that Undertaker and Edge had one-on-one together during their recent feud, where I think most people would agree they were both pretty much in their primes.

Match One: WrestleMania 25, Regular Match - The Undertaker defeats Edge emphatically, taking two spears and finishing with a reversal of one into his patented choke hold. I don't really know if it is actually patented, but that's beside the point.

Match Two: Backlash, Regular Match - The Undertaker defeats Edge once again.

Match Three: Judgment Day - The Undertaker defeats Edge, taking him to the outside and beating him back to the ring to win by count-out. A win's a win, y'know? It'd be perfectly valid in this scenario.

Match Four: One Night Stand, Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match - Edge wins after quite honestly the most interference and cheating I have ever seen in one match. To this day, this is Edge's only one-on-one victory over the Deadman.

Match Five: SummerSlam, Hell in a Cell - atrocious match, in which Edge just jumps around holding objects for twenty minutes. Doesn't seem to phase Taker, who kicks the fuck out of him and chokeslams him through the ring afterwards... just to prove a point.

So yeah, there is no existing precedent to suggest Edge wins here. In its place, there seems to be the overwhelming suggestion that Edge could only beat The Undertaker in "his" match, after an incredible amount of interference, where The Undertaker was put through four tables and where there was no submission or pinfall required.

So yeah, The Undertaker unquestionably wins this one.

In the other matchup, stamina is largely irrelevant. In this match it should make things crystal clear who wins (if it wasn't obvious enough already). Edge has just gone through a barbed wire match with Brock (which he should have lost) and then Steve Austin (which he sure as hell should have lost after his previous beating). If he could even walk to the ring it'd be impressive. There is no way in hell Edge wins here.

The simple fact is, that Edge just received a beating of a lifetime by Austin, while Taker barely got scratched tossing Benoit around the ring.
Can you please direct me to a video of both of these matches. I'd like to see them before I reach an opinion.
And because this is a KOTR style tournament you have to take into account the fact that The Undertaker won a squash against Benoit where Edge went toe to toe in a War with Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Do you have a video of these matches? I'd like to see exactly how they went down.
Undertaker is a better pro wrestler.
Does being shit for the majority of your career make you a superior wrestler?
He is the man known for sitting up out of everything including Edge's spear.
A finisher is a finisher because eventually it works.
Edge however won't sit up out of a tombstone piledriver.
Who's to say that Taker lands that.
Undertaker again is the fresher man by far. Edge had to go through fucking Brock Lesnar in a barbed wire match than Austin. There is absolutely no fucking way he beats Taker here. hell he'll be lucky to even walk to the fucking ring. It's not even close.
I suppose you have the vids, right? You must also have access to the Lesnar/Edge match footage and his medical records. PM them to me if you get the chance.
In the other matchup, stamina is largely irrelevant. In this match it should make things crystal clear who wins (if it wasn't obvious enough already). Edge has just gone through a barbed wire match with Brock (which he should have lost) and then Steve Austin (which he sure as hell should have lost after his previous beating). If he could even walk to the ring it'd be impressive. There is no way in hell Edge wins here.
He did just go through it. He won. He won.

Can you show me any proof? At all....

A.)Edge, Christian and Grangrel all left the Ministry to form the Brood, and B.) even then with Taker not in his prime he was still better than Edge C.) this is all irreverent, Taker has beaten Edge on his own when Edge was apart of La Famila

Yeah because people just recover from Barbwire matches and are back to 100% over night, riiiiiiiiight:rolleyes:

Dude, wtf kind of weak ass argument is that?!?!?, the dude was been through fucking hell, he's not just going to stroll into the ring and wipe the mat with Taker, if you think that than christ you seriously need strap your helmet on and jump back aboard the short bus

Your arguments a fucking joke and full of holes.

:lol:Oh the irony

Undertaker has to be one of the easiest fucking people to argue for, how'd you do so shitty.

This coming from a guy who used nothing but a bunch of dumbass pic (with at least on of those pic being from a match Taker won BTW) to argue for Edge and you're calling his arguments shitty?, LMFAO!!!! Christ dude Fizzy owned your ass

I have to agree that Undertaker wins in a landslide. He's beaten Edge just about every time they've fought. When does the actual voting start?

I've voted for Edge every previous round, but I had a legitimate reason each round. I can't think of anyway that Edge wins this match up and I've yet to see one argument that could justify Edge winning.

Undertaker is bigger, stronger, more successful, has beaten Edge most of the time, and is probably in better shape after his match with Benoit than Edge is after his match with Austin. I would really like to vote Edge here, but there is simply no way that I can do it.

How wasn't it? I disagree and say it was his prime. Show me facts on why it wasn't. He won a title by beating fucking Steve Austin.

How the fuck do you know?

How?

Your arguments a fucking joke and full of holes. Undertaker has to be one of the easiest fucking people to argue for, how'd you do so shitty.

Says the man who used fucking pictures to argue for Edge. You act as if I have put forth a 100% argument into this thread. I lost interest in the tourny since Lesnar, Rock, Austin, and Triple H were eliminated. You have no room to say my arguments are shit when you don't even have arguments. Taker wins. Until you give me a legit reason why he doesn't shut the fuck up and don't respond to my posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back