WWF PPV Breakdown underrated

MinistryofDeath89

CM Perfection
This PPV was a great PPV I think this PPV is very underrated to this day
Here's the match card's from the PPV

Owen Hart vs Edge Singles match

Al Snow and Scorpio vs Too Much (Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor) Tag team match

Marc Mero (with Jacqueline) vs Droz Singles match

Bradshaw vs Vader Falls Count Anywhere match

D'Lo Brown vs Gangrel Single match

The Rock vs Ken Shamrock and Mankind Triple threat steel cage match for the no. 1 contender spot to the WWF Championship

Val Venis (with Terri Runnels) defeated Dustin Runnels Singles match

D-Generation X (Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, and X-Pac) vs Jeff Jarrett and Southern Justice (Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight) Tag team match

11 The Undertaker and Kane vs Steve Austin (c) Triple threat match for the WWF Championship

I'm sure it could be easily worked out but seriously, you don't even say what PPV it was. What kindof non-chalot outfit you running here? That's without even jumping to the point about you not asking any questions. Thread to nothing really. I'm being constructive here, honest.

Owen Hart vs Edge Singles match

Could be good but lets remember that this isn't 2002.

Al Snow and Scorpio vs Too Much (Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor) Tag team match

Around the time Too much were terribe and nobody gave a crap about them.

Marc Mero (with Jacqueline) vs Droz Singles match

Bradshaw vs Vader Falls Count Anywhere match

Oh sweet jesus.

D'Lo Brown vs Gangrel Single match

And it gets worse.

The Rock vs Ken Shamrock and Mankind Triple threat steel cage match for the no. 1 contender spot to the WWF Championship

Yeah good sounding.
Val Venis (with Terri Runnels) defeated Dustin Runnels Singles match

Did you just give away a match result?
D-Generation X (Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, and X-Pac) vs Jeff Jarrett and Southern Justice (Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight) Tag team match

The underlined bit is the part that doesn't make this sound at all enjoyable.

11 The Undertaker and Kane vs Steve Austin (c) Triple threat match for the WWF Championship

Meh.

Around the time Too much were terribe and nobody gave a crap about them.

Oh sweet jesus.

And it gets worse.

Yeah good sounding.

Did you just give away a match result?

The underlined bit is the part that doesn't make this sound at all enjoyable.

Meh.

In my opinion I loved all the wrestler's back in 1998 (Attitude Era)

So I don't no why ur critising very match because they where all good.

I have my doubt's that u have even watched the Attitude Era

Wut.

This PPV has been a guilty pleasure of mine for a long time, this was one of the many wrestling tapes I convinced my mother to buy for me back when it came out on VHS It's actually a pretty good show, yeah. The triple threat cage match is great stuff, the last "blue-bar" cage match IIRC, Owen and Edge had a great opening match that was pretty much Edge's best singles match for years, and I even liked the handicap main event match, with all the crazy booking and everything. Fun brawl. Fun show. In terms of quality in-ring action though, not a great show aside from Hart/Edge and the cage match.

I've always liked the Owen vs. Edge match. I remember this event for the fans really getting behind The Rock for the first time.

Yeah they were teasing a face turn for The Rock after he lost the IC title to Hunter at Summerslam and the fans were clearly ready for it, but they decided to hold back the face turn so they could set up Rock-Austin for the WM15 main event. He was sort of a tweener in September-November 1998.

Ah Breakdown, I loved this show. I remember being seriously excited for the Triple Threat Cage match, plus it featured the old school cage. There were also so many good characters on this show. The Austin/Undertaker/Kane rivalry was pretty epic at the time.

I believe this PPV was Vader's last outing in a WWF ring as a contracted Superstar (I know he had a one-off appearance after this with Batista). I remember it was a Falls Count Anywhere match but Bradshaw just beat him with a F'N neckbreaker IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! Afterwards, Vader called himself a fat piece of shit and wasnt seen again!!

Decent PPV with three good matches in Owen vs Edge, Rock/ Mankind/ Shamrock and Taker/ Kane. Owen/ Edge is actually refreshing to watch because it is a lot different from the staple Attitude Era brawls.

I think Shamrock and Foley were full blown babyfaces here but Rock still outpopped either guy. Remember this is AFTER Foley had his famous HIAC match against Undertaker. Rock was really hot here.

The main event is a weak match in retrospect. It's not one of the better Taker/ Kane matches and everybody was waiting for the end anyway. But the conspiracy angle was hot at the time and the crowd was eating it up with a spoon. The end was good with Vince firing Austin which set up one of the most epic Raw's of the Attitude Era the next night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back