#WWETransformed

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Luten, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Luten

Luten Occasional Pre-Show

Ok, so as reported by WZ today, #WWETransformed is 'trending' on twitter following a cryptic message by WWE that something is coming.

Just wanted to gather some predictions from everyone as to what you think this could be?

Most likely

- The logo change
    - New WWE Title design (maybe both those things)
    - A new Raw set?
    - WWE Network becoming available world wide?
    - The debut of someone new?

I just hope it's not a let down..

2. Luten

...I also hope it's not some sort of promotion for the latest Transformers movie lol

3. Ziirox

Ziirox Pre-Show Stalwart

It honestly looks very comic book-ish. My guess was that there would be some kind of new animated WWE related series that will resemble a comic book. However, I'm probably wrong. Another thing that I noticed is that it only shows North and part of South America with a huge chunk of the medallion looking thing taken out. The part that would be featured on the missing piece is a part of Asia and Eastern Russia. The part of Asia that is missing is Japan (and parts of the South Pacific).

Could this have something to do with KENTA?

Also, the top part of this picture resembles long hair. I know KENTA doesn't have long hair. So, could it be someone else? If it is, I'm currently stumped. I'm going to back to my original guess based on the lettering of the picture.

4. closet_fan

closet_fan Mid-Card Championship Winner

The long hair stumps me to. It looks like someone with long hair wearing a chewed off piece of medallian.

New wrestler? Old wrestler with a new gimmick?

Personally I think it has something to do with the business itself and nothing to do with anything in ring.

5. rbv13

rbv13 Championship Contender

Its the return of Matt Hardy! Oh wait that was TNA last week. The new logo would make sense but that would be a major letdown as everyone has already seen it via the Network. I do love how deep you guys are reading into. Let's hope it is company changing and not some huge pile of crap.

6. closet_fan

I think we're looking too deep into that part. Thinking about it, I think the only reason you see hair like that is for us to realize it's a person wearing something and not some circle with lines coming out the top.

Like RBV says, it's likely company shit and not a new character.

7. WarroBODFan

WarroBODFan Doink Stan

CM Punk used to have long-ish hair. Punk return confirmed. :D

In all seriousness, I don't think it'll involve a specific superstar, whether old or new. My guess like many, would be the new logo debuting for good. Maybe a new title belt? With Lesnar possibly becoming champion next month, he could well debut something new, or even bring back something similar to the Undisputed championship belt which he of course held a good 12 or so years ago. Speaking personally, as iconic as big gold is, I'd like them to go back to just one title again.

8. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

More than likely, it has to do with the company logo and/or something regarding the WWE Network. I suppose, when you think about it, the WWE Network has sort of "transformed" WWE given that the company is ultimately hoping the network will take them to the financially strongest they've ever been. As for the logo change, there've been reports the past several days that they've ordered new plates for their championships to reflect the new logo. It's possible that it could mean new title designs, but I doubt it. WWE has been working on budget cuts for almost 2 months, so it's obviously cheaper to replace the logo than it would be to have all new designs for each title.

Could it be a new wrestler or one with a character overhaul? Possibly.Looking at it straight on, it looks like the background of the globe could be someone's shirt with the globe being a medallion hanging around the person's neck with the person having long hair, POSSIBLY a hint of a long beard As has been pointed out, the image of the globe looks like it's some sort of medallion hanging from someone's neck. What looks like it's hair could be hair, a long beard or both. One possibility that springs to mind is another member for The Wyatt Family. The globe medallion thing that's had a chunk taken out of it, what if it's not something that's been broken but bitten? One of Bray Wyatt's monikers is "The Eater of Worlds" so MAYBE it could be sort of an insignia that's going to be adopted by Wyatt due to this new member coming up? :shrug: I suppose it might even be some sort of reference to Daniel Bryan as there's not a lot of guys in WWE with big, mountain man style beards.

At any rate, it's doing exactly what WWE wanted it to do: generate buzz.

9. BigBombB

BigBombB Pre-Show Stalwart

It seems clear that it has something to do with the Eastern part of the world so either it is due to the Network's expansion OR has to do with the signing of guys like KENTA/Devitt.

10. Jastrick5704

Jastrick5704 New Member

I think it is a combination of several things. From a business perspective, they are obviously looking to expand overseas. By signing KENTA, Prince Devitt, and not letting Khali go even though he can't walk they are trying to appeal to the international viewers. It seems that these signings along with the upcoming release of the network internationally is a way to attract more subscribers and get more eyes on the product. By having someone familiar and popular to those potential subscribers, the better the chance they will sign up. As we saw with the plummet of the stock price during the last earnings announcement and Vince losing hundreds of millions, they have not all, but a lot of eggs in the network basket and this will not just shape what we see on TV, but their and investors pocket books.

Mitch Henessey likes this.
  11. Kayfabe

Kayfabe Dark Match Jobber

Most likely it's just the new WWE logo, nothing more. Especially with the wording of the hashtag, as they are "transforming" the logo, so to speak.

The unveiling of a new or repackaged wrestler would warrant something more than a tweet, even with the attempts to get it to trend. Typically, you would see a teaser vignette on TV before anything else.

12. Spidercanrana

Spidercanrana Should've Reinstated The Fox
    Staff Member Moderator E-Fed Mod

It's obviously the return of "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters.

If I had to go with a serious guess, it's the WWE Network going global. The image is of a globe and what appears to be a bite mark or some kind of break on the left side. Of course the wisp of whatever the hell is in the upper right-hand corner could just be the debut of the Wicked Witch of the West or some shit because WWE does weird things when they find peyote.

13. Black Anaconda Vise

Black Anaconda Vise The LD Dweller

Another tweet.

[​IMG]

Looks like it's going to be a debuting wrestler.

14. Broski_of_the_week

Broski_of_the_week Occasional Pre-Show

After seeing the 2nd tweet, it looks to me like its gonna be some sort of spin-off with Kane. Its very cartoony so I'm guessing there will be a new WWE comic book or cartoon with Kane looking like this in it. Other than that though (and I did see this on another forum and it seems highly likely), its most likely going to be Charles Robinsons in-ring debut!

15. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

Looks like a cross breed of Kane and the Undertaker. Probably the debut of comic book character KanerTaker.... maybe not...

And since nobody else has put it out there, I guess I'll be the first. Sting?

16. Chris "The Show" Adams

Chris "The Show" Adams Dark Match Jobber

Part of me wants to say sting, but its not very realistic i suppose. Maybe taker costs brock the title? I dont think it has anything to with a comic book... Kanertaker is the dumbest thing i have ever heard lol whatever it is hopefully its interesting and not something stupid

17. jaredsmith83

jaredsmith83 Slammin' Smitty

Rise of the KanerTaker!!!

I'm leaning with it being some sort of animated (whether it be a comic book or some sort of animated show on the Network) adventure based on the new image.

18. SPARTANBOY03

SPARTANBOY03 Dark Match Jobber

19. Issa Genesis

Issa Genesis Actively evolving

I saw a tweet where it had a link to what looks like a comic book from WWE.com called "#WWETransformed." Now after the second tweet what appeared to be either Kane or The Undertaker I thought it would be either return of The Undertaker, Kane retiring, or a new wrestler. Well it isn't when I went on the site http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-transformed-superstar-transformations-photos The shadow from tweet #2 it on there. But it shows the actual picture of classic Masked Kane's face on The Undertaker's new body. It also shows the "globe from tweet 1" on Triple H's clothing. I can't post the picture on here because I can't find a link to link it up here. But you can see it for yourself here http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-transformed-superstar-transformations-photos

20. ThePurge

ThePurge Dark Match Jobber

Yup the link is legit. The first one is bray wyyat. And the second one is Kane. I think they are going to give the two characters an upgrade. It actually looks pretty cool.

21. closet_fan

So all it is is just a bunch of illustrations with wrestlers in different attire? I guess this is what passes as exciting for the younger fans.

Doesn't say anything about a comic book.

22. Slash-LN

Slash-LN Rigistered Post Offender

If it's just what they showed on WWE.com and nothing more then it's pretty dumb.

However the kids might enjoy it. If their goal is to impress the kids and it works then more power to them.

23. Straightfromthehart

Straightfromthehart Occasional Pre-Show

In my opinion sister Abigail is coming. Hope it's a new arrival and not just the new logo.

Edit just seen the pic....sorry mods. Don't kill me ;)

24. NegativeFeedback

NegativeFeedback Mid-Card Championship Winner

I think that would be an awesome Kofi suit. It would get me much more interested in his character. And not a joke-like Hurricane character. I want a badass high-flying superhero. A Rey/Bad News Brown hybrid. He'd be awesomse.

25. Luten

Thanks a lot WWE, I appreciate you have to keep the kids interested, but once again you've made me feel like an idiot for even caring about what you do anymore.