WWE title at Wrestlemania

Kind of bored so I wanted to ask this question. What do you think the WWE title match will be at Wrestlemania? Things seem pretty uncertain right now. I guess the Rumble will clear things up, but if Roman wins it, then the WWE title picture will stay unpredictable.

So, what do you think will be the match at Wrestlemania?

PLUS: What match would like to see take place at WM for the WWE Championship?

#1: I think it's going to be Styles vs Cena

#2: Kinda unorthodox, but the guy with the most momentum right now is Dolph Ziggler. I say go all in. He just walked out, got people talking. Have him return at the Rumble and win it. It will get people talking more. And then put him in a match with Styles at Wrestlemania. That's the biggest and final chance Ziggler will get to make an impact and become a big superstar. Why not give him that chance?

Nak and Styles will happen down the line eventually, we've seen Styles vs Cena, Roode hasn't really live up to the hype yet and Owens/Zayn will probably be involved with Bryan. A Ziggler Rumble win right now will get many eyes on the title match and I think for all the good reasons.

The one good thing about Smackdown is that their side of the Mania card can't be seen from a million miles away. But at the same time...

It's entirely possible that, like last year, Smackdown's biggest match on the card could be the overall 4th-5th biggest match on the card.

They can afford to be a little experimental with the WWE Title match considering that's not really what they're gonna use to sell WrestleMania. They're gonna sell the Universal Championship match, probably Triple H vs. Kurt Angle, whatever John Cena's match ends up being, and maybe even Shane's match will be more of a selling point than the WWE Championship match. I don't think Styles/Ziggler is as farfetched as others do, or something like AJ/Corbin. That's not my preferred choice, I think there are far better options out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they went.

I feel like you can't just talk about the WWE Championship match without talking about Smackdown's part in WrestleMania as a whole. If they go with something like AJ/Ziggler, that leaves Orton, Nakamura, Zayn and KO without anything to do for Mania, and god forbid they just throw all those guys in a tag match... I feel like that's been the main event of Smackdown for the past two months. Maybe we get a singles match between Zayn/KO... that would be huge for Zayn. Maybe they're still tangled up with Shane or maybe it could just be as simple as them staying together and going for the tag titles.

AJ/Nakamura is at least in my opinion still the best option. It's something a lot of people have been clamoring for and you know, I hate to sound like a know-it-all spoiled brat, but I can't really think of a good reason as to why they shouldn't give us the match. That leaves Orton with nothing to do though, maybe it's one of those years that call for a triple threat... though I can't see that going over well with a lot of people. Orton "ruining" that dream match.

Just as a final point, although it seems like a given, I don't think we should be so sure that AJ walks into WrestleMania as champion. There's a lot of time between now and WrestleMania, we still have the Royal Rumble and Fastlane for Smackdown. And you know, say what you want about Meltzer, but I keep going back to that WON report that said, "Cena will be in a much bigger match than Styles". I'm starting to wonder if that could just mean that Cena's in the WWE Championship match and AJ isn't.

The one good thing about Smackdown is that their side of the Mania card can't be seen from a million miles away. But at the same time...

It's entirely possible that, like last year, Smackdown's biggest match on the card could be the overall 4th-5th biggest match on the card.

They can afford to be a little experimental with the WWE Title match considering that's not really what they're gonna use to sell WrestleMania. They're gonna sell the Universal Championship match, probably Triple H vs. Kurt Angle, whatever John Cena's match ends up being, and maybe even Shane's match will be more of a selling point than the WWE Championship match. I don't think Styles/Ziggler is as farfetched as others do, or something like AJ/Corbin. That's not my preferred choice, I think there are far better options out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they went.

I feel like you can't just talk about the WWE Championship match without talking about Smackdown's part in WrestleMania as a whole. If they go with something like AJ/Ziggler, that leaves Orton, Nakamura, Zayn and KO without anything to do for Mania, and god forbid they just throw all those guys in a tag match... I feel like that's been the main event of Smackdown for the past two months. Maybe we get a singles match between Zayn/KO... that would be huge for Zayn. Maybe they're still tangled up with Shane or maybe it could just be as simple as them staying together and going for the tag titles.

AJ/Nakamura is at least in my opinion still the best option. It's something a lot of people have been clamoring for and you know, I hate to sound like a know-it-all spoiled brat, but I can't really think of a good reason as to why they shouldn't give us the match. That leaves Orton with nothing to do though, maybe it's one of those years that call for a triple threat... though I can't see that going over well with a lot of people. Orton "ruining" that dream match.

Just as a final point, although it seems like a given, I don't think we should be so sure that AJ walks into WrestleMania as champion. There's a lot of time between now and WrestleMania, we still have the Royal Rumble and Fastlane for Smackdown. And you know, say what you want about Meltzer, but I keep going back to that WON report that said, "Cena will be in a much bigger match than Styles". I'm starting to wonder if that could just mean that Cena's in the WWE Championship match and AJ isn't.

Did Meltzer say that Cena is in a bigger match than Styles or Cena is in a bigger match than a WWE championship match?

Because I read the second one.

Did Meltzer say that Cena is in a bigger match than Styles or Cena is in a bigger match than a WWE championship match?

Because I read the second one.
He kinda said both, this is from WZ.

"According to Meltzer Cena is expected to be in a much bigger match than Styles. While it’s not clear exactly what that match will be he mentions that for it to be a bigger than a WWE Championship match it would most likely be Cena versus a non-regular performer like Undertaker, Batista, Goldberg or Hulk Hogan."

He's saying that Cena is in a much bigger match than Styles but I don't know if he knows for sure that AJ is in the WWE Championship match or if he's just assuming that he is.

Cena vs Taker and Lesnar vs Reigns, plus Angle, plus HHH will most likely be on the card and people are worried about Ziggler vs Styles. I guess you'd rather see Nakamura win the Rumble, just because he's Nakamura. Well he's been shit the whole 2017. Roode's also been shit. Corbin also been shit. Nobody cares about Orton and he also has no momentum. Who else is there? Owens and Zayn are not even on the damn match. Outside of Cena only Ziggler makes the most sense to win the damn thing.

Ziggler carried Nakamura in their feud and tried to sell the match as the only thing Nakamura sells is hype. Ziggler was the reason Roode vs Ziggler was interesting and now Ziggler became part the second best angle on SD.

It's not that Ziggler is worthy of that spot, but given the current SD roster situation, he's the one that makes the most sense.

For example, Strowman, Rollins or Joe would also be great picks to be in the WWE title match, given on the impact they made, but they are on RAW....

Ziggler is shit.

All those people have been shit because they were with Ziggler. He has had one decent feud in years and it was with The Miz. You know, the guy who is constantly in good feuds that have no reason to be good ala Cena/Bella vs. Miz/Maryse. Nobody is describing Ziggler as interesting. The guy barely gets a reaction anymore and when he was put in the title picture against Ambrose, it was super underwhelming.

The Ziggler ship has sailed. He's too old. He cuts the same promo repeatedly. He manages to make Nakamura, Rood and Corbin worse for working with him.

Ziggler is shit.

Ziggler is shit.

All those people have been shit because they were with Ziggler. He has had one decent feud in years and it was with The Miz. You know, the guy who is constantly in good feuds that have no reason to be good ala Cena/Bella vs. Miz/Maryse. Nobody is describing Ziggler as interesting. The guy barely gets a reaction anymore and when he was put in the title picture against Ambrose, it was super underwhelming.

The Ziggler ship has sailed. He's too old. He cuts the same promo repeatedly. He manages to make Nakamura, Rood and Corbin worse for working with him.

Ziggler is shit.

.....and at Wrestlemania.....he's even shittier. Fuck sakes.

AJ will face Nakamura for the WWE Title. They've been teasing it ever since Money In The Bank.

And at this point, it should be obvious Cena is going to face Samoa Joe as Joe promised on Raw to eliminate him first in the Rumble. Cena is going to eliminate Joe and Joe will come back in to cause Cena's elimination whether he does it himself, distracts him or whatever. Setting things up between them for Wrestlemania. Actually they teased Joe vs. Cena last year also with a WWE article mentioning their history together and by having Cena eliminate Joe in the Raw vs. SD Survivor Series match.

Kinda unorthodox, but the guy with the most momentum right now is Dolph Ziggler. I say go all in. He just walked out, got people talking. Have him return at the Rumble and win it. It will get people talking more. And then put him in a match with Styles at Wrestlemania. That's the biggest and final chance Ziggler will get to make an impact and become a big superstar. Why not give him that chance?

Because Dolph Ziggler hasn't been truly relevant in 4 years.

Ziggler had his chance, and it never happened.

How about Styles vs. Nakamura, who's a lot more over and talented?

Cena vs Taker and Lesnar vs Reigns, plus Angle, plus HHH will most likely be on the card and people are worried about Ziggler vs Styles. I guess you'd rather see Nakamura win the Rumble, just because he's Nakamura. Well he's been shit the whole 2017. Roode's also been shit. Corbin also been shit. Nobody cares about Orton and he also has no momentum. Who else is there? Owens and Zayn are not even on the damn match. Outside of Cena only Ziggler makes the most sense to win the damn thing.

Ziggler carried Nakamura in their feud and tried to sell the match as the only thing Nakamura sells is hype. Ziggler was the reason Roode vs Ziggler was interesting and now Ziggler became part the second best angle on SD.

It's not that Ziggler is worthy of that spot, but given the current SD roster situation, he's the one that makes the most sense.

For example, Strowman, Rollins or Joe would also be great picks to be in the WWE title match, given on the impact they made, but they are on RAW....

:lmao:

Ziggler carried Nakamura in their feud and tried to sell the match as the only thing Nakamura sells is hype. Ziggler was the reason Roode vs Ziggler was interesting

Been a while since I have seen something so tragically incorrect.

Ziggler (and match booking) is the reason that both Nakamura and Roode stalled so badly on their debuts.

The feuds/matches were about Ziggler, a tired, boring character, rather than getting the new talent over. Both Nak and Roode had far too much trouble beating him, making them look like nothing special.

That Ziggler was competitive in those matches, never mind a focal point and treated as an equal, just boggles the mind.

"Check out this new guy - he's a big deal!"
"Really, WWE? What makes you say that?"
"He's just as good as Dolph Ziggler."
"Oh."

Either one of these 3 would be good for me.

1. Styles/Cena part 4, with Cena going over for Title Win 17.
2. Styles/Nakamura, I don't care who wins this.
3. KO (or KO&Sami)/Cena, with Cena getting Title Win 17.

The rematch...this time...for all the Gold!!

Undisputed WWE Universal / World Heavyweight Championship Title match!!

wwe-survivor-series-aj-styles-brock-lesnar-booking.jpg

This quickly turnt into a Ziggler discussion so I made a thread about him elsewhere. Let's focus on the ideas, only.

The rematch...this time...for all the Gold!!

Undisputed WWE Universal / World Heavyweight Championship Title match!!

wwe-survivor-series-aj-styles-brock-lesnar-booking.jpg

You really have a fetish for champion vs champion matches, don't you Patrick? But, if you're going to unify those belts, there will be no champion vs champion matches after that...

Either one of these 3 would be good for me.

1. Styles/Cena part 4, with Cena going over for Title Win 17.
2. Styles/Nakamura, I don't care who wins this.
3. KO (or KO&Sami)/Cena, with Cena getting Title Win 17.

I also can get behind any of this. One of them is definately the plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back