WWE Survivor Series: Team Foley VS Team Ziggler

Team Foley vs Team Punk - its just not doing it for me - theres no real point - now if it was Team Foley vs Team Heyman vs Team guerro and the winner became GM of Raw i would like to that as it would have both a story and a point. Now mick could have the task of getting a team together appearing on both Raw and smackdown trying to get superstars on his team. In the end Team Foley could comprise of Cena,RybackRey Mysterio,sin Cara & Triple H, Team Heyman CM Punk, Brock Lesnar,ADR,Jack swagger & The Miz, Team Guerro Dolph Ziggler,randy orton, Tensai,Cody rhodes & Damien Sandow.
This would and could lead to various on going feuds & potential matches

A surprising twist came about on last night's Raw as Vince altered the traditional Survivor Series match.

CM Punk & Ryback are no longer part of the match as Vince coerced Vickie into putting them in a triple threat match with John Cena for the WWE Championship. The Miz quit the team at the start of the show as he was upset with Punk running out on them last week.

As a result, Dolph Ziggler is now leading the team that now consists of Alberto Del Rio, Team Rhodes Scholars and Wade Barrett replacing The Miz. This also leaves Team Foley with one man short, so I'm assuming Ryback's replacement will be announced on next week's Raw.

Without Ryback in this match, I have to admit that the match has a much more even feel to it. We all just knew that Ryback was almost certainly going to win at Survivor Series, thus Team Foley would ultimately win. Without Ryback, it definitely has more of a "it's anybody's ball game" feel to it than it did before.

When I first read about this match, I wasn't crazy about the changes. I'm kind of annoyed they've been hinting at a Cena/ Ziggler feud, and then brought it to a halt.

I'm hoping the trade-off is this match will start something between Ziggler and Orton, carrying them through for the next couple of months, like the main site suggested the WWE are thinking of doing.

I do agree, now Ryback is out of the picture, there's a more even chance of either side winning.

That's the only thought I'll ever have when it comes to this match. I don't care that it has an even feel to it because I'm just fine with Ryback winning the old way it was set up after he got screwed out of the title. At least Punk and Foley had some interaction but not it's Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler? Two guys who have had basically nothing to do with each other. I'm jumping for joy.

I didn't even care that Punk wasn't going to defend the title. Lesnar didn't defend in 2003. Batista didn't in 2005 and Cena didn't in 2006. They could have done the triple threat at TLC or they could just have announced it in the first place and not waste a week.

Alright, let’s think about this for a second.

For Team Punk, which is now Team Ziggler, The Miz was replaced with Wade Barrett, who is feuding with Sheamus, who is in the World Title match with Big Show. CM Punk was replaced by Dolph Ziggler, who is feuding with John Cena who is in the WWE Title match with CM Punk and Ryback.

For Team Foley, Ryback is being replaced by a SuperStar to be announced later. Being that Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler are both sort of feuding with SuperStars who are already scheduled in WWE World Title matches at Survivor Series, my guess is it will be none other than The Miz. It makes as much sense as it gets in the WWE and I wouldn’t mind the Face turn. What do you think??

I still think that the Survivor Series Main Event (key words, “Survivor Series” and “Main Event”) should have been:
The Heyman Guys –
1. The WWE Champion, CM Punk
2. The World Champion, Big Show
3. The Number One Contender to the Intercontinental Championship, The Miz
4. The United States Champion, Antonio Cesaro
5 and 6. The Number One Contenders to the Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship, the Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow)
vs.

The Faces of Foley –
1. The Number One Contender to the WWE Championship, Ryback
2. The Number One Contender to the World Championship, Sheamus
3. The Intercontinental Champion, Kofi Kingston
4. The Number One Contender to the United States Championship, Justin Gabriel (I’m guessing)
5 and 6. The Unified WWE World Tag Team Champions, Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan)

If we aren’t getting any more Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team matches, I’d be okay with John Cena and A. J. Lee vs. Dolph Ziggler and Vicki Guerrero.

If we are getting more Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team matches, then see my earlier post in this thread for the rest of my Survivor Series 2012 Dream Card.

Yep, I think the recent changes to the match are to set up the Ziggler-Orton feud for the World Title like the main page mentioned- Foley will be written out of the team and it will turn into Team Orton...at least I hope cause right now Team Ziggler vs. Team Foley makes no sense. I'm not really crazy about these changes either, it has me wondering what the hell Vince & the writers are smoking, they seem to have no clue what they are doing, but at least the 10 man elimination match looks a lot more better and even like Jack-Hammer said than it did before. They just need to fix this whole Mick Foley mess and make it about Ziggler vs. Orton.

As for the 5th man on Team Orton, I have a feeling we'll finally see The Miz turn face and join Team Orton. With Kofi vs. Del Rio happening on RAW this Monday and Orton interfering, I think we'll get a Miz & Del Rio-Kofi & Orton tag team match this Friday on Smackdown or next week on RAW and in the match we'll see Miz & Del Rio start to have problems with each other, eventually leading to Del Rio & Ricardo attacking Miz or Miz attacking Del Rio & Ricardo on the next show, then Orton asking Miz to put their differences aside and join his team to get a piece of Del Rio, which Miz accepts. Then in the SS match, Miz eliminates Del Rio or vice versa, and they face off in a singles match at TLC.

Alright, let’s think about this for a second.

For Team Punk, which is now Team Ziggler, The Miz was replaced with Wade Barrett, who is feuding with Sheamus, who is in the World Title match with Big Show. CM Punk was replaced by Dolph Ziggler, who is feuding with John Cena who is in the WWE Title match with CM Punk and Ryback.

For Team Foley, Ryback is being replaced by a SuperStar to be announced later. Being that Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler are both sort of feuding with SuperStars who are already scheduled in WWE World Title matches at Survivor Series, my guess is it will be none other than The Miz. It makes as much sense as it gets in the WWE and I wouldn’t mind the Face turn. What do you think??

I still think that the Survivor Series Main Event (key words, “Survivor Series” and “Main Event”) should have been:
The Heyman Guys –
1. The WWE Champion, CM Punk
2. The World Champion, Big Show
3. The Number One Contender to the Intercontinental Championship, The Miz
4. The United States Champion, Antonio Cesaro
5 and 6. The Number One Contenders to the Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship, the Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow)
vs.

The Faces of Foley –
1. The Number One Contender to the WWE Championship, Ryback
2. The Number One Contender to the World Championship, Sheamus
3. The Intercontinental Champion, Kofi Kingston
4. The Number One Contender to the United States Championship, Justin Gabriel (I’m guessing)
5 and 6. The Unified WWE World Tag Team Champions, Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan)

If we aren’t getting any more Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team matches, I’d be okay with John Cena and A. J. Lee vs. Dolph Ziggler and Vicki Guerrero.

If we are getting more Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team matches, then see my earlier post in this thread for the rest of my Survivor Series 2012 Dream Card.

That dream card is terrible. So basically you have all the champions in one match and one tag match and that's it for Survivor Series? I suppose you have the main event lasting two hours.

The first thought that came to my mind when they changed the match is that this is going to set up Orton vs Ziggler for the WHC down the road. I can see those two stealing the show within this match. It could come down to those two and they could have a hell of a match in itself after everyone else is elimanated. Ultimetely I think one of those two will be the sole survivors. Orton is kinda known for his comebacks in these matches so if Ziggler was able to take him out it would be a step up for him. I wasn't happy that changes were made to this as I thought Ryback dominating after his lose at HIAC would be the way to go. Now after thinking I think this match will be more even now, and will come off pretty well.

I honestly don't know what to expect from this match. Foley's involvement in the original match might've came out of left field, but Foley and Punk could've cut a series of outstanding promos against each other. The build would've been worth watching, but Team Ziggler VS Team Foley? I can't remember any sort of rivalry between these two, and Foley is more than capable of tearing Ziggler apart on the mic.

But I guess Ziggler needs the boost, so I'm picking his team for the win here, and I expect Ziggler to score the deciding pinfall. There's always the chance of Ziggler cashing in at some point in the near future, and he desperately needs some momentum right now

That dream card is terrible. So basically you have all the champions in one match and one tag match and that's it for Survivor Series? I suppose you have the main event lasting two hours.

Actually, Little King...I present to you, the rest of my Dream Card, in case you didn’t see it up above or on the other Survivor Series Thread.

I recently mentioned this topic on another thread, but it does seem to fit better here.

I love the Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Matches. I love the Team Punk vs. Team Foley match. I do however would have went with different Teams.

My dream choice:
The Reality – CM Punk, Big Show, Kofi Kingston (Heel turn), Antonio Cesaro, and Daniel Bryan
vs.
The Attitude – Mick Foley, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker and Kane

I know, it’s all too much to ask for. Let’s see. I want Kofi to turn Heel. I want the Tag Team Champions on opposite sides (See Jeri-Show), and I want 4 inactive Legends in a match against the current Champions of the WWE. I did say Dream choice, didn’t I??

My reality choice:
The Heyman Guys – CM Punk, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and (Big Show and / or Antonio Cesaro)
vs.
The Faces Foley – Ryback, Kofi Kingston, Kane, Daniel Bryan and (Sheamus and / or Justin Gabriel)

I understand why Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton were included in the match, but I think the World Title picture or United States Title picture should have been included instead (or both, with a 12 Man Tag Match instead, since it’s the showcase of Champions / Main Event Match).

With that being said, the other matches on my card would be…

McMahonism – Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, and Sin Cara
vs.
The Pain – Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, and the Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O’Neil)

The Peeps – Christian, R-Truth (his partner, Kofi Kingston, already has a match), Tyson Kidd (his partner, Justin Gabriel, already has a match), Zack Ryder, Santino Marella
vs.
The Show-Offs – Dolph Ziggler, Michael McGillicutty, and The 3 Man Band (Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal)

The Funk – Brodus Clay, JTG, Ted DiBiase, and The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso),
vs.
The Cool – Carlito (I’d love to see him return, plus neither David Otunga or Tensai just don't fit with this team...or any other team for that matter), Primo, Epico, Hunico and Camacho

What do you think of this card?? I think 4 Survivor Series Style matches are good enough to fill 3 hours. Maybe add a Divas Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match.

The Chicks – A. J. Lee, Layla, Kaitlyn, Naomi, and Cameron w/Lita (Surprise Manager)
vs.
The Ladies – Eve, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox and Aksana w/ Vicki Guerrero

Pre Show Dark Match, Loser Leaves WWE – David Otunga vs. Tensai

And there you have it.

I think it was actually a great idea to keep John Cena out of this match, and as you can see by my card, I would have liked to have kept Randy Orton out as well. I’m one of those fans who prefer to keep the major focus on the Champions at the Main Event. With Cena and Orton out of the match, and in another Main Event match, this does just that. Of course, I’d close the show with Team Punk vs. Team Foley.

As you can see, I have, not only the “Greatest” Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match possible in November 2012, I also have a pretty damn good line up for the rest of the card utilizing almost everyone on the active roster. I think the Main Event should feature only the Champions and their respective Number One Contenders. I think the Main Event should be 6 – on – 6, while the under card should be limited to 5 – on – 5. I think the McMahonism vs. The Pain match should open the show. I think The Heyman Guys vs. The Faces of Foley should close the show. I think that the Survivor Series should be exactly that, the Survivor Series.

After watching Raw and Smackdown this week, the only tweak I would make is to switch Justin Gabriel and R-Truth, both of whom would still be on the card.

Plus I’m bringing Carlito back. He’s “Cool”. That’s gotta count for something. Think outside the Squared Circle.

Actually, Little King...I present to you, the rest of my Dream Card, in case you didn’t see it up above or on the other Survivor Series Thread.

As you can see, I have, not only the “Greatest” Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match possible in November 2012, I also have a pretty damn good line up for the rest of the card utilizing almost everyone on the active roster. I think the Main Event should feature only the Champions and their respective Number One Contenders. I think the Main Event should be 6 – on – 6, while the under card should be limited to 5 – on – 5. I think the McMahonism vs. The Pain match should open the show. I think The Heyman Guys vs. The Faces of Foley should close the show. I think that the Survivor Series should be exactly that, the Survivor Series.

After watching Raw and Smackdown this week, the only tweak I would make is to switch Justin Gabriel and R-Truth, both of whom would still be on the card.

Plus I’m bringing Carlito back. He’s “Cool”. That’s gotta count for something. Think outside the Squared Circle.

Congrats you booked a 12 hr. show, with guys who no longer want anything to do with WWE. Forget not wasting money on this PPV, I wouldn't waste my time streaming this garbage.

Half the talent you booked on this card is going to end up just having to get squashed in order for all the matches to take place in the 3 hrs. the PPV has. Not to mention most of these teams make no sense, there is not nearly enough time before the PPV to build toward all of these matches, thus creating very little, if any, interest in any of them. This little dream card might work for you on your little copy of WWE 13, but it'd be terrible in real life.

Congrats you booked a 12 hr. show, with guys who no longer want anything to do with WWE. Forget not wasting money on this PPV, I wouldn't waste my time streaming this garbage.

Half the talent you booked on this card is going to end up just having to get squashed in order for all the matches to take place in the 3 hrs. the PPV has. Not to mention most of these teams make no sense, there is not nearly enough time before the PPV to build toward all of these matches, thus creating very little, if any, interest in any of them. This little dream card might work for you on your little copy of WWE 13, but it'd be terrible in real life.

Let’s open our WWE Pay Per View History Book to Chapter 5 – “Survivor Series 1987”. As you can see here, we have 4 matches, averaging about 26 minutes each, for a total of approximately 2 hours long, with interviews and entrances filling in the rest of the time.

Now let’s skip ahead to Chapter 8 – “Survivor Series 1988”. As you can see here, we have 4 matches, averaging about 31 minutes each, for a total of approximately 2 hours long, with interviews and entrances filling in the rest of the time.

And one more example, let’s skip to Chapter 12 – “Survivor Series 1989”. As you can see here, we have 5 matches, averaging about 24 minutes each, for a total of approximately 2 hours long, with interviews and entrances filling in the rest of the time.

My first point is, if you know your history, these Traditional Survivor Series matches are not 5 individual 30 minute matches merged into one long 2 hour and 30 minute match. Eliminations can happen within seconds of each other. The 5 matches I created could all be 20 minutes each, with my Main Event lasting 30 minutes and that would be a total of only 110 minutes, which comes out to 1 hour and 50 minutes of in-ring action, and 1 hour and 10 minutes for everything else.

My second point is, this dream card would have needed to start building on the week of the Hell In A Cell Pay Per View, or even a week or 2 before it. We had a whole year build for WM. We’ve seen TNA build major PPVs with minor PPVs in-between. It’s not a big deal to give more promotional time to the Big 4, as a matter of fact, it should be a regularly practiced method. I mean, we know the Rock is going to wrestle at the Royal Rumble already, right??

From beyond the arc, the teams make sense from a feud standpoint. Look back at the Teams before. They were not Stable vs. Stable matches. These were put together feuds, following the very basic formula of Face vs. Heel, Good vs. Evil. Half the Talent I booked will be squashed no matter what. They are called the undercard. Again, if you look back at past Survivor Series cards, the good ones where the Traditional Survivor Series matches was the only match type on the card, you’ll see that the Captain is the Main Event / Main Attraction Star, and then there’s a Mid-Carder or 2, and a Tag Team.

IV. By Talent not wanting anything to do with the WWE, do you mean Carlito?? I’ve seen crazier $#!+ happen, like Bret The Hitman Hart winning the United States Championship…in 2010!! Money talks, bull$#!+ walks. Remember that.

Last and most certainly least, I’m not concerned with what you do with your money or your time, but when you come in and attack my opinion, the only weapons I have are facts and stats. If the WWE isn’t doing its best right now, change is the option. Let me do some searching for your card. I’m guessing, 1 Survivor Series match, a WWE Title match, a World Title match, a match pitting the United States Champion vs. the NXT Champion, maybe a Divas Title bathroom break, Cena jobbing to Ziggler and a MITB Cash-In, because Dolph Ziggler is the most #underrated SuperStar ever. HAHA!! Oh wait, you don’t have one. Oh well!! Make one. I’d like to see what you can come up with.

I still think Team Foley will win this match.

If you go back to Smackdown! 2003, there was a similar situation.

A heel John Cena was been recruited to join Team Lesnar by Paul Heyman, and he teased joining them before turning them down and joining the face team of Team Angle. He wasn't trusted by the other members of the team, but he ended up winning the match for his team.

In this case, The Miz was recruited to join Team Punk (now Team Ziggler) by Paul Heyman (same person as Cena), he leaves because of similar reasons for Cena not joining the team in the first place and he'll join Team Foley with the other members of his team not trusting him. He will then win the match for his team at Survivor Series and be the sole survivor, verifying his status as a face and starting his road to superstardom.

I liked the idea of this match when it was Team Foley vs. Team Punk. It was still random as all hell and felt booked "just because", but at least there was very, very brief interaction between Punk and Foley in the past. I'm still interested in seeing the match now, but Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler makes even less sense. Now it really is a Survivor Series match for the sake of a Survivor Series match. Miz dropping out and joining the good guys - while it may very well lead to good things - just added to the randomness of the match.

My personal opinion, if Cody Rhodes in unable to compete in the match at Survivor Series, is to replace him with Mark Henry. He has been working dark matches and house shows to prepare for a full time in-ring return, and while I believe he was either rumored or schedule to make that return next month, why the hell not bring him back early if he's able and willing? Smackdown is already taped, so don't make any announcement. Just have all of Team Ziggler come out, and introduce Henry as the fifth and final man. Have him and Kane go to war in the match; maybe even have Henry go through the entire team. I think it would make for a great moment.

If that doesn't happen, the Miz and his future alignment is the only thing interesting about this match. It's too random and has no ulterior purpose to invest in it for any other reason.

If Cody's unable to compete, I would recommend Wade Barrett as his replacement. I don't know if he's on the card or not, but according to the WWE site, he's not currently listed for Survivor Series.

This match is still going to be match of the night. I think its been switched up a lot, but there are still plenty of possibilities. Miz being on the face team intrigues me. Orton's possible turn intrigues me. Hell No still entertain me. Foley's actual role is still left up in the air. Anything could happen. Cody's role will probably be filled, if needed, with someone like Otunga. I would prefer Henry over most possibilities, but its not likely to happen.

The current feuds of Del Rio/Orton and Rhodes Scholars/Hell No will have their spots in the match. Miz will show his face side here and there. Barret is more of a pawn just kind of there. Same for Kingston. And Ziggler is leading his team, so will likely have some kind of mix up with Foley. The pinning order can never be predicted, so I am not attempting it. There really is no point to this match. I wish they would have brought up something like the confrontation between Foley and Ziggler from WrestleMania Season. That could have gave this whole match some reason other than "We don't like y'all."

My pick for the victors are Team Foley. WWE tends to lean toward the face side of things in matches like this. A lose for ether team won't really harm them. Sure, Ziggler could use this big win. But, he could have used his last dozen too.

IHW's Prediction-
Team Foley

While I do think there is a decent chance of Miz or even Orton turning on the team I would be a little surprised to see Team Ziggler win the match, Then again I didn't think Team Orton would lose last year and they did. These matches always seem unpredictable but for now at least i'm gonna go with Team Ziggler.

Every single year I always look forward to the traditional Survivor Series tag team elimination matches. We have an interesting list of names who will be participating in the match this year. Team Foley has Mick Foley, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Kane, Daniel Bryan, and The Miz. Team Ziggler has Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, and Wade Barrett. The rosters for both sides are impressive and this will be great exposure for everyone involved. It will also benefit them to work with someone like Foley.

I can see team Ziggler emerging victorious in the end. Ziggler needs to continue to be built up for when he cashes in his Money In the Bank and a win here will help that. There's the issue of Rhodes' injury so I doubt he will be doing too much in the match if he will still be a part of it. Miz will most likely be the one to last the longest on Team Foley. His face turn will move further along and he'd need something like lasting the longest in this match to help the fans support him. I can see it coming down to Ziggler and Miz in the end with Dolph winning.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Team Ziggler will defeat Team Foley.

Obviously the build got screwed up when they changed the match, but I like what they did on Smackdown. They made Foley's entire team dysfunctional and played up that most of them including Foley dont trust Miz.

I always look forward to the traditional ss matches. Its a shame Cody got injured. This and the WWE title match are the only two matches tonight that I have any interest in.

I think Team Foley wins with Orton and Miz as the survivors. Miz turns full babyface and helps Orton win.

The one thing I hope they avoid is both Orton doing a heel turn and Miz doing a full face turn tonight. That might end up being too difficult to pull off. I hope they save Orton's heel turn for when he gets back into the world title picture.

Every single year I always look forward to the traditional Survivor Series tag team elimination matches. We have an interesting list of names who will be participating in the match this year. Team Foley has Mick Foley, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Kane, Daniel Bryan, and The Miz. Team Ziggler has Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, and Wade Barrett. The rosters for both sides are impressive and this will be great exposure for everyone involved. It will also benefit them to work with someone like Foley.

I can see team Ziggler emerging victorious in the end. Ziggler needs to continue to be built up for when he cashes in his Money In the Bank and a win here will help that. There's the issue of Rhodes' injury so I doubt he will be doing too much in the match if he will still be a part of it. Miz will most likely be the one to last the longest on Team Foley. His face turn will move further along and he'd need something like lasting the longest in this match to help the fans support him. I can see it coming down to Ziggler and Miz in the end with Dolph winning.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Team Ziggler will defeat Team Foley.

1. Exposure for what? With the exception of Sandow, everyone's been around this block before. Plus, Sandow has faced Kane and Bryan numerous times so I don't think we're going to see anything different from him. Unless somehow this match leads to an Orton/Sandow program, Damien is going to be the same.

2. Also not getting how it will benefit anybody to work with Foley since Foley isn't going to be doing anything. Foley is going to be the cheerleader. If he was actually wrestling in the match, then sure a few could benefit. As is, nope.

Either team can win and it wouldn't matter much in the long run. Ziggler's lost so much that winning isn't going to be a surefire indicator of better things to come. I see Miz walking out on the match and coming back to give Team Foley the victory. Bang bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back