WWE Survivor Series: Champion VS Champion - The Miz VS Baron Corbin

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I think this is a perfect example of why WWE should just do a bunch of traditional Survivor Series matches the way they used to instead of this route. Both Corbin and Miz are heels, there's no reason or rhyme to cheer for one over the other, there's no heat between them, there's not really going to be any and it's just going to make for a snoozefest of a match. Simply calling it a champion vs. champion match, which is what the match is, and expecting fans to be hyped about seeing it just won't work.

As for who wins, does it really matter? Nothing that takes place on the Survivor Series under its current format means a damn and I think this is the sort of stuff that's had so many fans hoping for years that Vince McMahon will soon step down as CEO, for whatever reason. The whole thing just feels so friggin' lazy that I can't muster myself to give a damn and I can usually do that in most situations.

Are they really going with this? They can't be going with this, but at the same time, I don't want either Miz or Corbin to drop the belts now. Well actually, I didn't want Corbin to be the US champ in the first place, but now he is and we can't change that.

Champion vs Champion for everyone.

Let's also ignore the fact that all angles will most likely get postponed.

I actually could see one or the other lose their title before the ppv since they said it was a champion vs champion match so whoever is the ic champ will face whoever is the u.s champ. So let's just say maybe reigns comes back from his illness and beats miz for the ic title. Then you have reigns vs corbin instead which is a better match on paper then the miz vs corbin. Same goes for corbin, if let's say, aj styles beats corbin for the u.s title, then you have miz vs aj styles which is even a better match then what they have.

In the end, this match isn't set in stone right now and since they hyped the fact that for now that's the match but it could change if one of them lose their championship makes me think that maybe on of them will drop their belt before survivor series.

I actually could see one or the other lose their title before the ppv since they said it was a champion vs champion match so whoever is the ic champ will face whoever is the u.s champ. So let's just say maybe reigns comes back from his illness and beats miz for the ic title. Then you have reigns vs corbin instead which is a better match on paper then the miz vs corbin. Same goes for corbin, if let's say, aj styles beats corbin for the u.s title, then you have miz vs aj styles which is even a better match then what they have.

In the end, this match isn't set in stone right now and since they hyped the fact that for now that's the match but it could change if one of them lose their championship makes me think that maybe on of them will drop their belt before survivor series.

Reigns beating the Miz, even though I don't like it, would definately make the card better and would also turn Miz into RAW's leader. Plus you have the Shield walking in the event as champions.

So they haven't had this invasion planned for a while then. I'd so I imagine Styles would still be holding the US belt.

This is just as terrible as Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal for the simple fact that nobody gives a damn about the match. All that Lesnar vs. Mahal has over this is that Lesnar is in the match and hopefully he will absolutely destroy Jinder Mahal.

In all seriousness though, how does anybody get invested in this? Baron Corbin has genuine heat, whether it's because he's a great heel or people just don't like him, and Miz is so good at his job of getting people to dislike him that nobody is going to want to cheer for him realistically. This has "boring" written all over it.

Now I do think that it is possible for either or both title to switch hands before the show to set up a better encounter, but I genuinely don't see that happening. I agree with the thought that maybe WWE hadn't thought of doing Raw vs. SmackDown again this year for too long, otherwise Styles may still be champion, and Miz vs. AJ Styles sounds 100 times more appealing to me.

Personally I didn't think that they should go down the route of Raw vs. SmackDown this year. There's enough animosity on both brands to justify doing two Survivor Series tag team matches for each brand. I'm so uninterested in this whole show this year.

I think the title will change hands before Survivor Series like last year with the IC Title going from Ziggler to Miz in the interbrand match against Zayn.

Miz and Corbin would have terrible chemistry and a piss poor match.

Either Nakamura or Styles gets the belt and faces Miz most likely.

I think the title will change hands before Survivor Series like last year with the IC Title going from Ziggler to Miz in the interbrand match against Zayn.

Miz and Corbin would have terrible chemistry and a piss poor match.

Either Nakamura or Styles gets the belt and faces Miz most likely.

I think the Smackdown team desperately needs both AJ and Nakamura to look credible against whatever team RAW puts together.

This is just as terrible as Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal for the simple fact that nobody gives a damn about the match. All that Lesnar vs. Mahal has over this is that Lesnar is in the match and hopefully he will absolutely destroy Jinder Mahal.

In all seriousness though, how does anybody get invested in this? Baron Corbin has genuine heat, whether it's because he's a great heel or people just don't like him, and Miz is so good at his job of getting people to dislike him that nobody is going to want to cheer for him realistically. This has "boring" written all over it.

Now I do think that it is possible for either or both title to switch hands before the show to set up a better encounter, but I genuinely don't see that happening. I agree with the thought that maybe WWE hadn't thought of doing Raw vs. SmackDown again this year for too long, otherwise Styles may still be champion, and Miz vs. AJ Styles sounds 100 times more appealing to me.

Personally I didn't think that they should go down the route of Raw vs. SmackDown this year. There's enough animosity on both brands to justify doing two Survivor Series tag team matches for each brand. I'm so uninterested in this whole show this year.

I'm very interested just because I work every other weekend and I've had to miss the last three or four PPV's. I am actually scheduled to work Nov. 19th but I took that night off just to actually sit back and watch a live PPV.

[youtube]FqypWyxurl0[/youtube]

When you dont have time on the show so you need social media to cut promos and promote rivalry.

Miz owned everything put right in front of him once again. And it hurts because everything he said was the truth. Ouch. Fans are going to be pro-Miz on this one, just like they were pro-Miz at Mania.

Another heel Vs. heel. I think that The Miz should win it. To gain some momentum back. But Baron Corbin needs momentum as well. After defeating AJ Styles, he hasn't done anything relevant other than facing Sincara and even losing via countout to him. Not sure who should win this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back