WWE Survivor Series: Champion VS Champion - AJ Styles VS Brock Lesnar

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
In what was a bit of a historic event, AJ Styles defeated Jinder Mahal on tonight's episode of SmackDown Live to become WWE Champion for the 2nd time in his career; it was also the first time the WWE Championship has changed hands outside of North America. As a result, AJ Styles will now challenge Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series in a champion vs. champion match.

To get the obvious out of the way, Styles facing Lesnar is a vastly more appealing prospect than Jinder Mahal. If they allow this to be a competitive match, and I think they will, it could quite possibly be Lesnar's best since his return to WWE if it has enough time. Now with that said, let's not get too euphoric as there's almost zero chance of Styles beating Lesnar next Sunday. Truth be told, if ever there was a match that I think could benefit from some sort of screwy ending, such as both of them getting counted out after fighting it out all around the ring area or getting disqualified for getting caught up in the heat of the moment, this is it. What we saw with Joe & Finn Balor on Raw Monday? That's what could happen here, and why they didn't do this with Balor vs. Kane I have no idea but that's neither here nor there.

Also, and I hope I'm wrong about this, I get the feeling that AJ will be dropping the title back to Jinder next month during the tour of India. This title change, in my opinion, came about because very few people were invested in seeing Jinder take on Brock Lesnar, which is yet another indication that it was a mistake putting the WWE Championship on Jinder in the first place. Nothing would make me happier at the moment than Jinder slinking back into obscurity where he belongs and Styles embarking on another strong run, but I don't think it'll happen.

AJ Styles pulled a good match out of Jinder! That's all the proof WWE should need not to job him out in a one sided affair at Survivor series. If WWE lets it be, this could be the match of the year.

As far as the title going back to Jinder after SS goes, it's a distinct possibility because Jinder is advertised to defend the title against Kevin Owens here, who's the only other SD guy on this tour.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Balor, Anderson and Gallows come take out Lesnar to help Styles win, but that would mean all three guys getting dismantled by Lesnar at the Rumble if he faces Balor. They could always be the reason Styles loses, which I wouldn't totally be upset about.

The events or the past 2 nights have me doing nearly a 180 as I'm now actually looking forward to Survivor Series. I'm so happy to see the WWE Title back where it belongs with AJ Styles. I was beginning to come to terms with the fact that Mahal wouldn't drop the title until Mania. Styles will get as good of a match out of Lesnar that we can possibly expect. This match along with the potential Shield vs New Day will be worth tuning in for.

WWE Championship is back to where it belongs. To a much deserving wrestler who has performed well plenty of times to justify this title change.

I'm elated to see AJ Styles win the title. He gave Jinder Mahal his first non-boring match!

Looking forward to Survivor Series now. Hoping that Styles won't be squashed. Right? I would rather believe so until it actually happens. If given time, this match could easily be Match Of The Year.

I don't know, I thought Lesnar vs. Mahal was a real curio. I couldn't wait to see how they'd book it. I know how they're going to book him vs. Styles. It won't be any different than his last few one-on-one matches.

Lesnar will definitely squash AJ Styles. There may be some offense from Styles, but it won`t definitely be the course of the matches with Strowman or Joe.
I think it will be a 12-13 minutes match, where Styles get a 2 or 3 minutes offense.
Lesnar will definitely win the match very easy.

I think that they want to see how a Finn balor vs Lesnar would look like visually so by putting aj styles in this match with Lesnar, it a great way to see if they can go forward with the balor match after survivor series since both guys are about the same size.

Anyway, while I was really looking forward to the jinder vs Lesnar match, i'm as excited to see this match because again it'seems a David vs Goliath scenario and while it's going to be a good match, it's easier to predict the outcome because you really can't have Lesnar lose to aj styles.

I don't know, I thought Lesnar vs. Mahal was a real curio. I couldn't wait to see how they'd book it. I know how they're going to book him vs. Styles. It won't be any different than his last few one-on-one matches.

Brock's last few one-on-one matches featured Brock getting destroyed for 90% of match and coming back at the last second. I doubt that's how this match goes.

The general consensus seems to be that AJ has no shot but it seems counterproductive to job out one world champion just to prop up your other world champion. To me, this seems like a perfect opportunity to have Brock lose due to outside interference, setting up his next challenger. I'd bet it's Bray Wyatt.

This is a dream match come true for me. AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar. You just couldn't end Lesnar's run without giving the fans this match.

The crowd will get behind Styles as the underdog in this match, but don't expect Styles to win. However I expect a great performance from AJ and don't be stupid. Styles won't let himself be squashed. He will give Lesnar a run for his money.

In a fantasy world, Gallows, Anderson and Balor help Styles win, which also sets up Balor vs Lesnar. In WWE's world, Lesnar beats Styles, since Lesnar must look the strongest he can be heading into Wrestlemania. I'm fine with that, too.

It should be an interesting David vs. Goliath match.

AJ should have good defense against Lesnar with his awesome strikes and moves but in the end The Beast Incarnate is too much for AJ and pulls out the win. I'd love to see AJ going for the Phenomenal Forearm and Brock catching him on shoulders with an F5 to score the victory.

I will admit that Brock vs. Jinder did have me curious though as to how it would go as both guys are jacked champions and they don't have any flashy styles, staying grounded in the ring. Might not have been a great match but might not have been poor either. Had they kept Brock vs. Jinder, I think they definitely would've had a special referee for this to jack up the interest whereas Lesnar vs. Styles' clash of styles (no pun intended) makes the match interesting enough to the point it doesn't need a special referee.

What if Lesnar wins but by DQ due to interference from Gallows & Anderson???

The next night on Raw you announce there has been a trade (Rowan & Harper) to Raw, (Gallows & Anderson) to Smackdown

The Club Reforms on Smackdown (Gallows & Anderson get a shot at new life)

Wyatt Family Reforms on Raw (Bray, Harper, Rowan, & B. Dallas)
* Change Bo Dallas to Bo Wyatt to.

You can't help but think this is the ending that they'll be going with.....

Phenomenal Forearm countered into The F5, match over.
That's what I thought of the second AJ Styles beat Mahal for the belt. Brock won't lose to AJ because he'll need to keep with beastly unbeatable image going into WM plus he just beat The Monster Amoung Men in his last match so it seems unlikely AJ will be the one to defeat Brock outside of shenanigans. This one really should have a big shenanigans ending so neither belt gets tarnished.

I never got my Brock Lesnar vs Shawn Michaels match back in the day and this seems to be the closet option I can get to that. A roughly 10000 percent increase in interest for me compared to Mahal taking on Brock. That match being announced almost took me out of Survivor Series completely. Here's hoping to an outstanding match and probably the best one Brock has had since the Punk match.

I can't see Brock squashing AJ. I feel like AJ is going to get caught like someone mentioned earlier, maybe a phenominal forearm into an F5 for the pin. Nothing wrong with that, makes AJ look like he got caught rather than decisively defeated. It's not like you lose anything if Brock beats you either. Anything can happen in wrestling however and correct me if i'm wrong, this same time last year I don't think any one of us saw what would happen in Brock's Survivor Series match coming. AJ isn't beating him but enough things have happened in wrestling that there is always that little doubt in the back of my mind.

I never got my Brock Lesnar vs Shawn Michaels match back in the day and this seems to be the closet option I can get to that. A roughly 10000 percent increase in interest for me compared to Mahal taking on Brock. That match being announced almost took me out of Survivor Series completely. Here's hoping to an outstanding match and probably the best one Brock has had since the Punk match.

I can't see Brock squashing AJ. I feel like AJ is going to get caught like someone mentioned earlier, maybe a phenominal forearm into an F5 for the pin. Nothing wrong with that, makes AJ look like he got caught rather than decisively defeated. It's not like you lose anything if Brock beats you either. Anything can happen in wrestling however and correct me if i'm wrong, this same time last year I don't think any one of us saw what would happen in Brock's Survivor Series match coming. AJ isn't beating him but enough things have happened in wrestling that there is always that little doubt in the back of my mind.

Green bork laser of the shooting star press vs. Hbk post return was a quadrapelegic waitingto happen.

One suplex and hbk may have had a career threatening injury.

Bork was way too green to work withhbk back then

There's no better time for a huge Club reunion than during this match, if it doesn't happen now, it never will.

It's far more like Jinder Mahal is going to interfere in the match for they do have a match scheduled on their India tour

You can't help but think this is the ending that they'll be going with.....

Phenomenal Forearm countered into The F5, match over.
That's what I thought of the second AJ Styles beat Mahal for the belt. Brock won't lose to AJ because he'll need to keep with beastly unbeatable image going into WM plus he just beat The Monster Amoung Men in his last match so it seems unlikely AJ will be the one to defeat Brock outside of shenanigans. This one really should have a big shenanigans ending so neither belt gets tarnished.

Good call Jeff, it's exactly the ending they went with. Forearm into the F5, they could have went 100 different ways for a little bit of unpredictability.

I was glad to see the match the way it happened. Couple of botches aside, AJ Styles didn't look weak by any measure. No use of Styles Clash helps as Brock wasn't going to lose to Styles. Good match. One of the better ones of the night.

Now, please don't give the title back to irrrelevance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back