WWE Super Show-Down: WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Cedric Alexander (c) VS Buddy Murphy

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
A CW Championship match was officially added to the big Aussie show featuring Alexander taking on native Aussie Buddy Murphy.

This should be a very hard hitting fun match as these two have killed it in the past on 205 Live. With Murphy being a local boy, generally speaking, he'll have the crowd on his side and while a title change isn't likely, it's possible as Murphy has been one of the top guys to watch on 205 Live since the show's revamp.

I kinda like how the Cruiserweight title has been defended all over the world. I know that's technically true for most (if not all) titles, but with the Cruiserweight's short lineage, a significant fraction of it's defenses have been outside the States. Combine that with 205's diverse roster, the CW title is arguably the most internationally represented title in all of WWE.

Makes me think how badly 205 needs a facelift. I wonder if they could produce a quality program using compilations of the week's house show matches. Doing so would make it stand out (it would absolutely have to be filmed differently) and contribute to it's "touring" (for lack of a better term) aesthetic.

I kinda like how the Cruiserweight title has been defended all over the world. I know that's technically true for most (if not all) titles, but with the Cruiserweight's short lineage, a significant fraction of it's defenses have been outside the States. Combine that with 205's diverse roster, the CW title is arguably the most internationally represented title in all of WWE.

Makes me think how badly 205 needs a facelift. I wonder if they could produce a quality program using compilations of the week's house show matches. Doing so would make it stand out (it would absolutely have to be filmed differently) and contribute to it's "touring" (for lack of a better term) aesthetic.

205 LIVE is second to NXT as being the best wrestling product WWE produces.

Buddy Murphy should win the title 100 percent just so a heel can have the belt and Mustafa Ali can challenge. Those two have put on matches that can rival any of the great Rollins or NXT matches we've seen this year.

205 LIVE is second to NXT as being the best wrestling product WWE produces.
I absolutely agree. I should have lead with my issue with 205 is it's timeslot and it's lack of investment from the live audience(or at least for the first half of any given episode). Just thinking out loud regarding format.

The weird thing about 205 live is that the booking really hasn't change that much since HHH took over but now because Vince's isn't involve in it fans actually are praising booking of the brand now.

having said that, i fill that this is just another throwaway title match because it looks like the endgame is for Gulak to win the title from alexander, So i feel like it's going to be a good match but that alexander is going to retain and continue his feud with Gulak and company while i wouldn't be surprise if Murphy goes back to feuding with either the lucha house party or maybe he move on from them and feud with Tozawa.

Even the question is to unify 205 with SD and move the US title to RAW, i would like to have Murphy as champ. 205 needs a heel champ with strong power, like Neville

The weird thing about 205 live is that the booking really hasn't change that much since HHH took over but now because Vince's isn't involve in it fans actually are praising booking of the brand now.

having said that, i fill that this is just another throwaway title match because it looks like the endgame is for Gulak to win the title from alexander, So i feel like it's going to be a good match but that alexander is going to retain and continue his feud with Gulak and company while i wouldn't be surprise if Murphy goes back to feuding with either the lucha house party or maybe he move on from them and feud with Tozawa.

The wrestling has been a thousands times better since Vince's grubby old hands aren't on it anymore.

The wrestling has been a thousands times better since Vince's grubby old hands aren't on it anymore.
Did you watch the same show I did?

The wrestling was as good back then as it is now. The booking is the same with long drawn out feud that lead nowhere and are just there to fill time. Everything lack purpose just like when Vince was booking it. The only difference between how Vince ran the division and HHH ran it is that Vince over exposed the division by giving them meaningless matches on raw and HHH is treating them as a second class brand by using them only on 205 live. The fact that they decided to use the gm of 205 live as a manager on raw tells you how meaningless the brand is to them.

In the end, 205 live is the same brand that it was when Vince ran it but because is the God of the IWC That's running it, some fans doesn't want to see that It's the same shit that it was before. Also just to keep on topic, how many time did the cruiserweight title has been defended on Ppv since HHH took over? Simple, this is the third title defend on a big event and two of them were on the kickoff. That how important the brand since HHH took over. This match is a good match on paper but It's a cooldown match that they will use to cool down the crowd between to big matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back