WWE SummerSlam: WWE Championship - AJ Styles (c) VS Samoa Joe

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
What's been rumored for a few weeks was made official tonight as Samoa Joe and AJ Styles renew their old rivalry for the first time in WWE for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam.

If nothing else, this should be a great match as they've had enough televised great matches to fill up whole DVD compilations. Joe is a likely candidate to end Styles' second run as champion though, at the same time, there have been lots of rumors for weeks that Styles might wind up carrying the WWE Championship all the way to WrestleMania next year.

In any case, at least we'll get one good World Championship match at SummerSlam.

Joe has been doing some of the best promo/character work of his Career. These two are very familiar with each other having some classic battles elsewhere. I'm just hoping this is not another one of those matches that fails to gel for some reason in the ring again. I wouldn't be surprise if Joe wins the title. It won't hurt AJ at all, and there is only so many times Joe can come short before he loses some of his credibility as a badass character. Unless this is a longer program.

This should main event but we all know Lesnar will main event. If WWE doesn't pull the trigger with a Strowman cash in at the end of that match and has either Brock retain or Roman win, the crowd (especially in New York) will shit all over that match. They probably will anyways but even more so if Braun doesn't cash in

Joe has been doing some of the best promo/character work of his Career. These two are very familiar with each other having some classic battles elsewhere. I'm just hoping this is not another one of those matches that fails to gel for some reason in the ring again. I wouldn't be surprise if Joe wins the title. It won't hurt AJ at all, and there is only so many times Joe can come short before he loses some of his credibility as a badass character. Unless this is a longer program.

Elsewhere? Are you guy so much WWE marks that you can't say TNA or Impact? Why can't you just say TNA and give them their credit for giving these two guys room to feud at a time when WWE fans had their nose in the air calling TNA trash and indy for featuring guys like Joe and AJ, while you were praising guys like Orton and Edge.

Anyway, I doubt AJ loses. Joe is hot but WWE might let AJ surpass CM Punk's title reign. I expect AJ to be fed opponents all the way up to WM, where they might take the title from him.

Elsewhere? Are you guy so much WWE marks that you can't say TNA or Impact? Why can't you just say TNA and give them their credit for giving these two guys room to feud at a time when WWE fans had their nose in the air calling TNA trash and indy for featuring guys like Joe and AJ, while you were praising guys like Orton and Edge.

Anyway, I doubt AJ loses. Joe is hot but WWE might let AJ surpass CM Punk's title reign. I expect AJ to be fed opponents all the way up to WM, where they might take the title from him.

Dude, talk about needing to chill LOL. I meant they had wrestled many places together around the world UK/ROH/TNA etc. I have been watching TNA almost since day one and continue to support them through all the ups and downs. I was actually happy for guys like AJ/Joe/Roode/Young etc. when they finally made it to the so called big stage.

I’d like to see Joe get the title even if it’s a transitional heading into the fall. Joe has done some good work on the main roster and held his own with other big name stars like Reigns and Lesnar however I’m not sure if the WWE is going to get Joe. Joe often gets criticized for her his appearance and his character being one dimensional. I think they see him as a utility player as someone to put on a good match and make the other top stars look good.

Personally, i think that this should be the main event of the show but the problem is that since the Lesnar vs Reigns match will most likely have at less one title change in it and this one probably won't, it will probably be a middle of the card match

The thing is with Joe is that i feel they see him more as a utility guy then a championship guy. He's there to have great match with top talent but ultimately he there more to put them over. So i see AJ styles retaining the belt in a very competitive match.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more build up, but WWE likes to be fast so..

I think AJ should retain, but who knows. This match could go either way. If they want AJ Champ at Mania, plenty of time between now and then for him to regain.

I can't see this match ending clean, put it that way.

AJ and Joe are two guys who will be protected throughout their tenures and certainly at this point in time. AJ is well on course to make it to Mania with the Championship, whilst Joe seems to be thriving in this 'S-Tier destroyer' role that the WWE have cast him in. Both are supreme talents of the Smackdown division and the WWE will be keen to protect them both equally.

This feud will likely be carry on for a while yet because, as has been pointed out, the feud has really just been thrust into life. There's a tonne of life left in this feud and it would be silly to end it now. If I really had to lean one way or the other towards a clean victory, it would definitely be for Styles. He's on course to go beyond CM Punk and I think that's important to the WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back