WWE Star Reportedly Scheduled to Take Time Off Due to Injury.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
According to F4WOnline.com, WWE star Rusev is currently scheduled to take some time off WWE due to injury. The exact nature of the injury remains unconfirmed at this time, but Big Show has reportedly said Rusev requires shoulder surgery, which could keep him out of action for an extended period of time.

The timing of Rusev’s recent WWE story lines might coincide with an injury, as the former United States Champion has not been involved in any major WWE angles since his story line with Lana and Enzo Amore ended rather quickly. Rusev’s brief pairing with Jinder Mahal also came to an end rather quickly, and as seen at WWE Fastlane, Rusev was dominated by Big Show.

The end of the Rusev vs Big Show match at Fastlane, which saw Show hit the Bulgarian Brute with three chokeslams, might have been a way to write Rusev off WWE TV until he recovers from injury.

Damn. That explains why he has nothing for Wrestlemania 33.

Rusev has been going downhill since losing the United States Championship to John Cena. The love quadruple angle with Dolph Ziggler, Lana and Summer Rae was bad. Then, the League of Nations or rather League of Jobbers. Then, the feud with Roman Reigns and recently another bad feud with Enzo and Cass.

I hope that he recovers soon and returns as a face. He's a talented wrestler.

Some time off could do him some good. I don't know why they don't utilise him better. They've built him up for feuds against Cena and Reigns and then completely dropped him after.

I don't think he shold be a credible opponent for the part timers, but Rusev vs. Owens/Wyatt/Orton/Styles/Rollins should be seen as an acceptable B level PPV event in the Network Era.

This may be the best thing for him right now. Injuries are never good and surgery sucks of course, but it's clear he's being underutilized right now. Whether it's because they just don't have anything on him or if the rumors of pretty significant heat on him are true, stepping away will allow him to reset and allow whatever it is that's happening to hopefully blow over.

The haircut makes sense too hearing this and was perhaps a signal - if you're shoulder is messed up it's gonna be hard to deal with long hair day to day...

Rusev will do fine with time away, he can drop some weight ala Big Show and return potentially as a face... the whole "Handsome" Rusev thing could get some leverage if he returns later in the year.

It also allows someone else on the RAW roster to get that mid card spot/push that he and Lana seem to get automatically. Someone like Jack Gallagher can move away from 205 and more onto the RAW roster in general... or it allows one more NXT name to come up... With Itami just back to action, they could do worse than bring him up.

Like everyone else, I think some time off will do him good. I would trade him to Smackdown, a change of scenery and depending on the trades could work out well for Rusev, it should give him a push towards to the top end of the card rather than just being a filler as he is at the moment.

I knew Rusev was heading to a black hole as soon as he debuted and started a winning streak. It's happened way too often with the big foreign monster heels in that as soon as they get taken down it's over. What happened to Rusev after falling to Cena? Some weird love triangle thing I can barely remember because I changed the channel every time it was on.

Rusev is talented and none of what I said is a knock on him. His character had a shelf life and everyone knew it. For some reason in WWE once guys like him are beaten it's all downhill from there. That's not to say at all he can't be brought back to life as a simple move to Smackdown and "Crushing" people again for a while on the way to the World Title is a simple quick fix if you want to reestablish him. Actually him vs AJ could be a hell of a big man little man match. Back to the days of Shawn vs Vader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back