WWE Royal Rumble: Smackdown Tag Titles 2/3 Falls - Usos (c) vs. Gable & Benjamin

#hamler

That's all folks.
From WWE.com...
The Usos vs. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2 out of 3 Falls match​

Technically, Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin already beat The Usos twice. To win the SmackDown Tag Team Titles, however, they’ll have to do it two more times.

The mat mavens will challenge Jimmy & Jey Uso in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match at Royal Rumble, bringing to a head a twisting rivalry that saw Gable & Benjamin take down The Usos in the waning months of 2017 before scratching and clawing their way past the rest of the Tag Team division to a title match on SmackDown LIVE. Despite defeating The Usos in that championship bout, Gable & Benjamin pinned the wrong Uso, leading to a restart of the match when a second referee pointed out the mistake to the primary official.

The Usos were ultimately able to retain and Gable & Benjamin called out the second referee in frustration the following week, only to get SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan instead. While The “Yes!” Man attempted to cool Gable & Benjamin’s tempers, the disappointed duo asked if they had to beat The Usos twice in one night to get the glory they deserved. Voila: A 2-out-of-3 Falls Match.

Can Gable & Benjamin go the distance and finally smash down the walls of The Uso Penitentiary? Or will Jimmy & Jey prove to be just as unbeatable in 2018 as they were in 2017? Tune into the Royal Rumble event, streaming live, tomorrow on the award-winning WWE Network at a special start time of 7 ET/5 PT to find out.

Should make for a pretty entertaining match and with Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin beating the Usos in two of their previous bouts, I'm expecting the titles to change hands here. The Usos have done all they can do in the tag division and it's time for someone else to have a turn.

Hamler's Prediction: Gable & Benjamin will win the Smackdown Tag Team Championship.

The Usos need the win here. I see the tag title picture going forward with heel tag teams challenging The Usos for the belts and not the opposite (heels according to WWE of course_ - first they will have Aiden English & Rusev and then eventually The Bludgeon Brothers and The Authors of Pain, which wil be the 2 teams that will dominate the division this year (like New Day and Usos last year). If Gable and Benjamin win who will they fight after The Usos - New Day? Seen it, done it, and they need to split. Breezango? The feud won't click at all.

My Pick: The Usos win clean 2-1 in the match of the night to retain the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships.

It was the right call. Uso's are way over right now and should take the belts into Wrestlemania where I would have them face Owens & Zayn. That would be a great match if put together right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back