Who Wins This Matchup?

• Booker T

• Blue Demon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Oklahoma City Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

ford-center.jpg

booker-t-bio-updated.png

#15. Booker T.

Vs.

demonsr.jpg

#18. Blue Demon

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

tumblr_ls20bdvWVv1qb0q9io1_400.gif

This was pretty much my reaction, and face, when I saw the draw. I like Booker T. Allot. He's always been in my top 10 of all time favorite performers. And I loved his commentary. Easily more entertaining than anyone else today. The year year he lost to fucking Christian in the first round was asinine. I thought he deserved better than that.

Unfortunately for the Book man he's a victim of circumstance as Blue Demon is ranked way too fucking low. There's no way I can put Booker over the second greatest luchador of all time, the man that was a bane to El Santo and was undefeated against him, the man that had massive crossover appeal and was an inspiration to thousands.

Raw deal Booker. Vote Blue Demon.

I'm gonna have to go with the Five time, Five time, Five time, Five time.......wait how many was that? 1,2,3,4,okay.. FIVE TIME! WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Booker was in my opinion the best guy that WCW created during the monday night wars next to Goldberg, and Chris Jericho. He's also the only name I can think off that stuck with WCW till the ship sank and then was able to have success in the WWE. I will admit that my knowledge of The Blue Demon is very limited, so I'm a bit swayed on this do too lack of Knowledge, But I say a book end and a scissors kick gives Booker T the win. Now can you Dig THAT? SUCKA!

Last year I posted my thoughts on every single match. This time my time is a little more restricted so I'm only posting when I think it's needed/I have a large opinion.

I had hoped this would be one I could leave, but therenegade has sparked me into action early.

BLUE DEMON WOULD WIN THIS MATCH and its not even close.

The only reason El Santo is able to make the final 8 here last year while Blue Demon is so underrated is just because of face bias. Sure he was the bigger star - i'd agree it makes more sense for the biggest face of Mexico to make a run in an international tournament like this than Blue Demon. It does NOT mean that BD would be jobbing out early to someone like Booker, no way no how NEVER.

If anyone even dares suggest that King Booker won his title against Rey Mysterio so he'd beat Blue Demon, I'll lose it. Rey Mysterio wouldn't lace Blue Demons boots, and his overall record against Booker is 10 wins to 3 defeats. 10 wins for Rey, 3 wins for Booker. For the record, I'd say King Booker wasn't Booker's prime, i'd take his 5 WCW titles over that. But I'm just saying this for the sake of any stupid "omg he beat mysterio~!" arguments

If El Santo is the number one wrestler all time in Mexico then Blue Demon is 1A. I need someone better than Booker T to vote against someone that dominated as long as Demon did. Booker was one of the few bright spots during the dying days of WCW but the title reigns from that timeframe are not very impressive considering the inconsistent roster and horrendous booking. Demon to round two.

Maybe if this was Blue Demon Jr. I would give Booker a chance, but I can't in good faith make an argument for Booker to go over. I know next to nothing about Mexican wrestling, but I know Blue Demon is one of the top three luchadors of all time.

Booker is by all accounts a great guy, I love his ridiculous commentary, I'm interested in reading his books, but this round Booker T, Blue Demon is coming for you....sir.

So when did this match get moved to Mexico? What exactly did Blue Demon accomplish in the states that would have him go over a highly successful American superstar in the US? You can read me all of your wikipedia facts from a guy you've never seen in the ring outside of some youtube and dailymotion clips of his luchador movies but I'm going with Booker T. As far as I can see from a quick Google search, Blue Demon only had a handful of matches in America and he lost them all to the likes of El Olympico and Gorilla Monsoon.

Booker T is one of only two superstars in wrestling history to hold the World title, IC title, US title, and tag titles in WWE, as well as the World title, US title, TV title, and tag titles in WCW. He is the only superstar in wrestling history to win all of those titles and not go on to murder his family (which is a nice added bonus). He has defeated the likes of Kurt Angle, Goldberg, Undertaker, John Cena, Batista, and countless other big names during his long career. I'm going with the guy who I've seen, who was extremely successful in the two biggest US companies of the cable TV era, and who would win in a WWE ring on American soil.

I learned a lot about Demon in last year's tournament, and a man that dominated as long as he did is not going to lose to Booker T. Booker T did a lot in his career, but it's not enough for him to win a match like this. I am surprised Demon is not ranked higher.

Booker T was only a big star in 2000 because WCW ran out of everyone else. Then when WWF bought them they had to have someone from the WCW on the Alliance, so he continued to be pushed. Then that ended and he went back to his usual midcard tag wrestler role.

IT's true to say Blue Demon hardly set the world on fire in America, but I don't think it's beyond the pale to suggest that he would have been booked to go over Booker T. By virtue of the fact that his career far supasses that of Booker T, I'm going with Blue Demon here.

Remember when the NJexus - cool name - got interviewed for that Hall of Fame package? Remember when D-Man said Booker T transcended professional wrestling? Remember when you wondered whether D-Man knew what the word transcended means because of all the things you could say about Booker T, saying he transcended professional wrestling was certainly not one of them?

Vote Blue Demon.

So when did this match get moved to Mexico? What exactly did Blue Demon accomplish in the states that would have him go over a highly successful American superstar in the US? You can read me all of your wikipedia facts from a guy you've never seen in the ring outside of some youtube and dailymotion clips of his luchador movies but I'm going with Booker T. As far as I can see from a quick Google search, Blue Demon only had a handful of matches in America and he lost them all to the likes of El Olympico and Gorilla Monsoon.

Booker T is one of only two superstars in wrestling history to hold the World title, IC title, US title, and tag titles in WWE, as well as the World title, US title, TV title, and tag titles in WCW. He is the only superstar in wrestling history to win all of those titles and not go on to murder his family (which is a nice added bonus). He has defeated the likes of Kurt Angle, Goldberg, Undertaker, John Cena, Batista, and countless other big names during his long career. I'm going with the guy who I've seen, who was extremely successful in the two biggest US companies of the cable TV era, and who would win in a WWE ring on American soil.

I see what you're doing here, but just because this particular match/region will be held in the US, this is still an International tournament, designed to be presented to an audience across the world and feature the best wrestlers of all time from all corners of the earth displaying a multitude of unique styles.

Would the crowd in attendance get a kick out of Booker's antics? Of Course. But ultimately there is enough American star power to make Booker's early exit more than tolerable, while a loss by Blue Demon here could directly damage Mexican interest in the tournament, and would be a slight to the importance of Lucha Libre.

I see what you're doing here, but just because this particular match/region will be held in the US, this is still an International tournament, designed to be presented to an audience across the world and feature the best wrestlers of all time from all corners of the earth displaying a multitude of unique styles.

Would the crowd in attendance get a kick out of Booker's antics? Of Course. But ultimately there is enough American star power to make Booker's early exit more than tolerable, while a loss by Blue Demon here could directly damage Mexican interest in the tournament, and would be a slight to the importance of Lucha Libre.

An international tournament that is close to 90% made up of guys who made there names in the US. As long as guys like El Santo and Mil Mascaras remain in the tournament there would not be any slight to anyone or damage the Mexican interest. Considering Santo has a cakewalk in the first round against William Regal he would be one Lucha star that would get a big push in this tournament. Mascaras is a lucha star who actually had success in the states against top guys so he would be another getting a push in the tournament. Blue Demon is the guy as the lower seed who would be bounced out.

King Booker won his title against Rey Mysterio, so he'd beat Blue Demon
The only thing Demon and Mysterio have in common is that they were great luchadors, but Demon's accomplishments and status in history as said wrestler far surpass those of Mysterio's. Mysterio never even wins a World Title if Eddie Guerrero doesn't have a heart attack, so putting him on the same level as Demon in asinine.

But if you want to go that way, unless Chavo Guerrero is on hand to crack Demon in the head with a chair, Demon wins this going away.

King Booker won his title against Rey Mysterio, so he'd beat Blue Demon
Ha! Please. Blue Demon led his own legion of masked superheroes and defeated a horde of super villains, giant spiders, demon women, monsters and he traveled to Atlantis once!! And don't forget. He's also a demon. A blue one at that.

How can G.I. Bro top that? Oh, right. Ready To Rum- Wait, he just cameo'd. Oh well. Sorry about that. Sucka.

The only thing Demon and Mysterio have in common is that they were great luchadors.
Yup. Mysterio never won a match by submission. Most of Blue's were won by submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back