WWE Region, Fourth Round, Iron Man Match: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (5) Mick Foley

Who Wins This Match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Mick Foley

Results are only viewable after voting.
Foley is out of his depth here. Yeah, he can take unbelievable amounts of punishment, but does anyone believe that Mick Foley in his prime could beat the biggest name in the history of wrestling in his prime? Of course he couldn't.

This match would suck. It would be horrendous. Both guys would be done after about 25 minutes, but there would be no chance in hell that Foley would get more than a couple of falls on Hogan, and Hogan would "Hulk Up" several times in order to get more than enough falls on Foley.

The only reason to vote for Foley is that you hate Hogan. I prefer Foley's work, but I am not a moron, so I voted for Hogan. As should you. The guy revolutionised the business for fuck's sake, Foley fell off a garage.

Bit harsh, and there was me thinking you and I were mates!

I love Hogan - got his T-shirt and Real American is my ringtone. Where I couldn't bring myself to vote for him is that I don't recall him using multiple Hulk Ups during Hulkamania and that is where I think his Achilles Heel would be in this nature of a match. I always remember Hogan being at his weakest if the Hulk Up didn't get him the win, if it only gets him one pin then what next?

Everyone here's pretty much shared my sentiment when it comes to this match. There's no shape, way, or form that Foley pins Hogan AT ALL much less score more pinfalls than Hogan would. Also, Foley's got a penchant for being DQ'd for using weapons and other things, which counts against you in an Iron Man match.

Hogan's also a better wrestler than many give him credit for. In the US, he didn't need to use those skills as much, but he has them and he can pin Foley with regularity.

Hogan wins.. and it's by a wide margin.

As is the general consensus of what I have seen, neither man had much stamina and/or endurance, even in their primes.
As much as I love Mick Foley...
This one has to go to the better man.
Vote Hulkster. Few to no questions asked.

... goddammit - coming into this tournament I really wanted Foley to get to the last sixteen, I knew he wouldn't win, but I also hoped Hogan wouldn't get that far. In their primes Foley would be able to take ANYTHING Hogan could dish out.

However, I can see this match being painful. I'm voting for the guy I like more simply because I REALLY don't want Hogan to win. Even when I was a kid I hated Hogan, twenty years later and nothing's changed; if anything I like him even LESS.

FOLEY FTW

I say this every year... I'm not a huge fan of Mick Foley. Mainly because I think he's extremely overrated and over-hyped like Rob Van Dam. Besides his sadistic nature, his ability to take crazy bumps and obscene amounts of punishment, and being a guy who never tapped out during a match (unless I forgot something,) he's just another midcard guy who earned himself a few championships because he put in his time over the years and made himself popular by elevating the late 90's fad that should've been named the "mutilate yourself and you'll become popular" style of pro-wrestling. But, his promos are pretty funny, so yeah.

That being said, he's facing Hulk Hogan. HULK-FUCKING-HOGAN.... against Mick Foley. In a match where neither guy has much of an advantage, except the fact that Mick can take punishment from Hogan for an entire hour before he jobs out instead of a typical, 10-20 minute "Hulk-up and then destroy" squash. Mick has no shot, whatsoever, in any galaxy, space, or time to defeat Hogan in 95% of match types. Mick doesn't have a rabbits foot stuffed up his crack where the Iron man match falls in that 5%. He loses here. BADLY.

Vote Hogan.

This should be pretty simple. In one corner you have a man who, in his prime, was notable for constantly putting over other people and getting his ass kicked. In the other corner, you have the greatest superstar in pro wrestling history.

Considering the match stipulation does not favor nor hinder either man (regardless of whether it's an Iron Man or Sadistic Madness match), Hogan should win this in a walk.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

My favorite posts here. Couldn't have said it better.

Mrs. Foley's baby boy is about to get crushed by the 24 inch pythons and Hulkamania running wild. I DON'T wish I could say differently because doing so would be preposterous. I did like the argument someone made that after Hogan hulked up through part of the match he's blown his load and he's done, leaving Foley to do what he pleases, but that's just not going to happen. Hogan will just hulk up again, and again, and again, as long as the Hulkamaniacs keep feeding him with the energy to come back, it's almost impossible to beat him.

[YOUTUBE]YJhKWhLy2qM&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]yFH3pXmrPPM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]s_luvuDhlo0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]g0oBZn6p4Eg&feature=channel&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]ssFReTGpqig[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]g0oBZn6p4Eg&feature=channel&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]0TIRDSWfF4I[/YOUTUBE]​

It wouldn't be fair of me to not try and substantiate my reason for voting for Foley so the above pretty much covers it. In every instance above he Hulk's Up and in every instance, when it's not enough, he doesn't have a backup Hulk Up. As I stated in my original post, this is were I see this play into Foley's hands. As I'm sure every fan who knows anything about wrestling is aware that the Hulk Up is the precursor to a Hogan Win but how does he win his next fall? This is were kayfabe shows a weakness in this style of match - if he needs to Hulk Up to win a fall over any reasonable level guy and history says one Hulk Up per match, how does he win multiple falls?

Any other match, I go with Hulk because I always was and still am a massive fan but I just cannot get around this obstacle in favor of a guy who kayfabe can take more punishment than pretty much anybody and, as victories over every top Attitude Superstar there was attests, hand out more than his fair share too.

I was originally going to go with Foley, until I realized that there were DQs in this Iron Man Match. I'm going with Hogan. I think Foley HAS shown some endurance (he came back from that Hell In a Cell fall and even fought back against The Undertaker), but I think that's basically it. Hogan in his prime, would get the win.

Vote: Hogan

I was originally going to go with Foley, until I realized that there were DQs in this Iron Man Match. I'm going with Hogan. I think Foley HAS shown some endurance (he came back from that Hell In a Cell fall and even fought back against The Undertaker), but I think that's basically it. Hogan in his prime, would get the win.

Vote: Hogan

But here's the thing, most of Foley's high profile losses have come as the result of extreme punishment that cannot happen here. Hulk has to win repeatedly via clean means over a guy who is hard enough to put down via nefarious means... anyone see where I struggled with my decision yet?

But here's the thing, most of Foley's high profile losses have come as the result of extreme punishment that cannot happen here. Hulk has to win repeatedly via clean means over a guy who is hard enough to put down via nefarious means... anyone see where I struggled with my decision yet?
Ah, I see how you're having a hard time deciding. Foley is resilient WITH weapons, let alone without. Hulk, well he just Hulks up in all his matches and steals a win, but this is obviously not the case. He's resilient too, but I haven't seen many of his matches where there is no DQ when he was in his prime other than against Bundy in the cage, but that was with escaping the cage only. I think that it's gonna go into over-time and/or be a close one, but now that you bring that up, you make a very good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back