WWE Region, Fourth Round, 3 Stages of Hell Match: (1)Hulk Hogan vs.(4)Ricky Steamboat

Who wins this match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Ricky Steamboat

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the WWE Region. It is a 3 Stages of Hell match. It will be held at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Assume one week has passed since the first round matches.

800px-TD_Banknorth_Garden_rainy.JPG

3 Stages of Hell Match Rules: This is a two out of three falls match. Each round has a different gimmick. The first fall is a tables match, the second fall is a street fight won by pin or submission, the third fall is a cage match, won by pin, submission or escape.​

hulk_hogan_sex_tape.jpeg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

rickydragon.jpg

#4. Ricky Steamboat

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Other than a shoot match, I don't really see a prime Hulk Hogan losing ANY match to Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat was a great competitor, but he was never really a fully TOP GUY. Once again, I don't see the stipulation favoring either that much over the other. In these cases, you gotta go with the better guy...and the better guy hands down is Hogan.

Hogan. I'm just going to assume he has more hardcore matches than Steamboat due to the raunchiness of WCW and say he wins this.

Two of the bigger faces in their era square off in a sadistic match. I give this one to Hogan simply because Hogan's proven to have a mean streak wheras Steamboat's NEVER had one. I'm sure he'd take a fall in this, but Hogan's ultimately winning and running wild all over Boston.

I have to stand by the fact that in hogan prime no one is going to get two falls on him in one night. I think he probably has more experience in hardcore matches from his time in WCW, and as a heel he definitely had a mean streak. I could see Steamboat maybe getting one fall on Hogan, but ultimately Hogan moves on to the next round. Vote Hogan.

Ouch! I have to be honest, I don't even see poor Ricky getting to the third stage (were, ironically, I would give him the edge). The problem is the first two rounds are suited to a power brawler, not a master technician. Can anyone really see Ricky overpower a prime 300lb Hulkster to put him through a table? Or could anyone see a top rope crossbody winning a streetfight?

Hogan would be in his element in these surroundings; the Dragon would be out of his depth. This stands to be the squash of the round as Hulkamania runs wild!

The game is over for Steamboat in this one. This type of match isn't really suited to him at all. Hogan isn't a hardcore wrestler, but he is bigger stronger and meaner when he needed to be, especially during his WCW run.

I don't see The Dragon getting 2 falls over Hogan in one night, it just wouldnt happen. Steamboat wouldn't get squashed, he was far too good for that and MAYBE could get a fall himself after a mistake by Hulk, but there aint no way he is getting 2.

Hulkamania rolls on.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Yeah I'm going with Hogan here. I just don't see any way Steamboat can actually beat Hogan in such a match. This would require Hogan taking 2 losses in a single match, no way in HELL that would ever happen.

I assume Steamboat wins the tables match as its the most likely way he can get a fall on Hogan, as Big Show and Cody Rhodes proved last year the outcome of a tables match can come down to being simply in the right place at the right time. Hogan wins the street fight as he can get dirty when he wants to. The cage match will be some great back and forth action where both guys are escaping the cage at the same time (I don't know if Hogan would just leg drop and simply escape but it's Hogan so he's escaping not pinning), both would drop but Hogan would drop a little sooner to get the W in a hard fought match.

Neither wrestler is particularly favored by this type of match. Neither have been remembered as great brawlers in the grand scheme of things.

However, Steamboat has gone as far as he's going, which is honestly MUCH further than I would have expected. For most of his career, Ricky Steamboat was a mid-card and tag team mainstay and he's in a gimmick match, being held in the WWE region, against the overall biggest star in the history of professional wrestling. Hogan wins this on sheer star power.

I can see Steamboat winning the first fall. Losing in a Tables Match is something that happens to mega stars all the time, made all the easier since the ending can come about as the result of an accident.

However, I simply don't see Steamboat beating Hulk Hogan in a street fight or a steel cage. Stranger things have happened, granted. Steamboat is someone who got over through excellence, mostly, inside the ring. If he was in his prime today, and wasn't in WWE or TNA, he'd probably be the most sought after guy on the indy scene. If he was in WWE or TNA, he'd probably get an occasional main event run but his general lack of charisma would probably have him right where he spent most of his career in the 70s & 80s, in the mid-card & tag team scenes.

Hogan is basically the star of stars in American pro wrestling. While hardly great in the ring, Hogan was on a level in terms of star power and popularity that Steamboat could only dream about.

It'd probably be the upset of the tournament if Steamboat went over Hogan here. If it happened, it probably wouldn't bother me all that much. However, the truth is that he shouldn't go over Hogan.

Vote Hogan.

I see no conceivable edge for Steamer here. His career is hugely memorable and his brief time main eventing was excellent. That's not enough against an absolute mainstay in the main event for the best part of two decades in the two largest companies ever.

Steamboat would need a HUGE edge in the gimmick matches to be put over here, and I can't see one. Sure he could win the tables match - there's a ton of times the underdog has gone over there. The street fight he's under it though, and he's just never ever being booked to win the cage match. You can argue his speed advantage as much as you want, it's not enough against a Hulkster who has an excellent record inside cages too.

Hogan's made it past the gimmick rounds and into the final tournament. For me, there is only one person left that can stop Hogan in kayfabe and the vast majority will only know that guy from being slammed and dominated at Wrestlemania 3.

[youtube]guG9cVs3ms4[/youtube]​

Steamboat got EXTREMELY lucky last round. Had it been any other match Edge would have been booked to win. That being said neither of them would have a chance against Hulkamania. As a brawler a street fight would have been right up Hogan's alley, and he was undefeated in cage matches during the 80's in the WWE. That's 9 wins and 0 losses excluding house and dark matches.

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=5...&location=&arena=&showtype=&worker=&text=cage

Steamboat might be able to put Hogan away in the tables match by pressing Hogan through one... but it's unlikely.

A babyface Steamboat vs a babyface Hogan would have absolutely been a no brainer who'd be booked as the winner.

Hogan's biggest loss, perhaps, was in a babyface vs babyface match against the Ultimate Warrior. However, a babyface Steamboat never accomplished in a far longer WWF career what Warrior did, nor did he achieve Warrior's greatest feat, which was beating Hogan clean.Further, Steamboat's style simply isn't suited for this type of match. Being that he'ld be the underdog in a one-on-one match, and the gimmick matches favor Hogan, it's no surprise this is a squash thusfar.

I have a hard time seeing Steamboat winning even a fall here. Granted, tables matches weren't in existance during this time, but it's easy to see Hogan overpowering Steamboat and putting him through a table. The second fall is a toss-up, and I could see Steamboat getting a crossbody off the top or a roll-up just to get to the third fall, but he's done at that point. I don't recall Hogan ever losing a Cage match during his prime, and Steamboat wasn't the guy who would have been booked to hand him that first loss.

Steamboat had a lot of success before coming to the WWF and after leaving, including a great deal of success against another all-time great in Ric Flair. Neither he nor Hogan lost much in their respective primes in the WWF, but Hogan was the far more successful and influential superstar, perhaps the most so of all time. His popularity and success was something Steamboat never came close to matching. Hogan's charisma during his prime is one that may be forever unmatched, and Steamboat's lack of charisma is likely what kept him from being elevated to the top while with the WWF.

Steamboat, surprisingly, handily defeated Edge last round, but in the only match type he would have the advantage in. Edge vs Hogan would have made for a far more interesting, and likely closer matchup, but this one ensured a far more exciting finals in Hogan vs Undertaker, given their history together.

It's nice to see that Steamboat get some love this year, but his run ends here. Hogan wins this, and moves on the face likely Undertaker in what should be one heckuva matchup.

There's very little to be said here. Hulk Hogan is a much better wrestler than Ricky Steamboat, achieved more and arguably would be better suited to all of the gimmicks here even if his total superiority was not taken into account. Steamboat shouldn't really have gotten this far, and I don't think he'll go any further. This, for me, is a Hogan victory, and the only difficult thing is seeing how to make it a plausible 2-1 win, as any wrestling company would no doubt do.

Ricky is finished here, and not for nothing, he should be. Most of us around here are aware of Steamboats' skill inside the ropes, and can respect what he was able to accomplish in his career,(especially considering he was never a heel), but he facing a prime HULK HOGAN. Excepting his superior skill as a technical wrestler, there is no category where Steamboat trumps Hogan, and in 3 stages of Hell, he is going to feel the wrath of Hulkamania. Hogan cruises past Steamboat and moves on to the next round. Hogan was virtually unstoppable during his first run as WWF Champion, he has influenced this business more than ANY other performer of the modern era (sorry SCSA, but this is the truth), and put more asses in more seats than anyone else for nearly 20 years. Hogan has yet to have ever won this tournament, but this may be his year to do so, the finalists are looking pretty good so far. Again, Hogan goes over Steamboat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back