WWE Region, Argentina Subregion,First Round:(15)Eddie Guerrero vs.(18)British Bulldog

Discussion in 'WWE Region' started by klunderbunker, Mar 18, 2015.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. Eddie Guerrero

2. British Bulldog

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Buenos Aires Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Luna Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#15. Eddie Guerrero

Vs.

[​IMG]

#18. British Bulldog

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I like The British Bulldog. When I was very, very young, he was as close to a fan favorite for me. Even though I didn't really know much about the world of wrestling, In truth, my Mum had a great love for Bulldog and made sure that I loved him too. I remember watching some of his matches in the mid-90's as a very impressionable child and absolutely loving it. I guess his matches, along with Jake The Snake Roberts and Taker, were my very first influence into the wrestling world.

That said, I still have to go for Eddie G. He was a much better technically sound wrestler, and heading towards the end of his career, he literally could have beaten anyone. He lies, he cheats and he steals his way to the win on ever occasion. And when all else fails, he always has a wealth of wrestling experience and talent to dig him out of any hole. I think this is a tight match up between two great characters. But I think that Eddie has enough to go over.

3. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost squashed Disco Inferno to become

Eddie. While Bulldog was great, Eddie had mad skills and charisma that was just there. He has a connection with a fans and was one of those guys who was cheered pretty much unanimously in his prime and would get THAT reaction from the crowd.

4. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

As far as I can see, these are essentially the same guy. Midcarders (and Eddie was that, the title came in the Lesnar vacuum) who were popular with the audience, wrestled everywhere and died too young. The difference is in the greater context. Eddie was a solid wrestler, but without Davey Boy Smith, the WWE's second biggest audience probably would never have tuned in in the first place. Eddie's WrestleMania moment was great, but Bulldog at Summerslam 1992 has left a lasting legacy. He has to win.

5. Mr. Artistic guy

Mr. Artistic guy Better Off This Way

For me, these are people that I lump into pretty much the same category. People may harp on about how charismatic Eddie Guerrero was, but these reports are much exaggerated as far as I'm concerned.

Therefore, incidentally, the one that I enjoyed more marginally was The Bulldog so I'm voting for him.

6. zhaff2004

zhaff2004 Pre-Show Stalwart

Eddie takes this one for me. The promo he cut when Lesnar was in the ring with him on how he's addicted to the crowd and how he beat his demons, that still gives me chills. Viva La Raza, vote Eddie

7. Kermit

Kermit the Frog

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Flappybird

Logic: This is hard. Are we talking one game of flappybird or a series of games after each man gets warmed up? Also, I'm not sure on the extent of dogs hating birds. I know that cats and birds are natural enemies, but how far does the hate for birds go for dogs? Purely judging by the type of food Eddie Guerrero would be eating normally versus the Bulldog, I am going to guess that Eddie would have more time on the can to practice the game.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero.

The Phenomenal Matrix likes this.
  8. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer I am The Last Baron

I have to agree in saying that essentially they are the same guy. Career Midcarders that had a Glorious top moment and died too soon.

I will go with Eddie for one reason and one reason only. Winning the title from Lesnar was big and retaining at Mania was also huge. Bulldog never got to the top of the mountain, whilst Eddie had one of two mountains to climb it was still when the Smackdown World title was treated with respect.