WWE Payback Kickoff Show: US Championship - Kalisto (c) VS Ryback

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
For the 2nd straight ppv, we'll see the United States Championship defended with Kalisto taking on Ryback.

In my opinion, the one weak point in what's been a very consistent month of WWE programming has been the United States Championship scene. Hardly anyone is particularly interested in Kalisto vs. Ryback so it's time to move on one way or another. If Kalisto wins, I'd hope to see more focus put on him as champion rather than putting him in tag team matches. If Ryback wins, it just seems like it's also time to move him onto someone else.

I don't know why WWE thought this was good enough even for a Wrestlemania pre-show, let alone a rematch at a PPV. Nobody cares, Kallisto-Ryback have no chemistry together and are both just treading water, the only reason their matches are half decent is because Kallisto is just good enough to flip around Ryback and carry him well enough.

With the roster as deep as it is, there are much better potential programs for both, especially Kallisto. If Sin Cara hadn't been so impressive in the ladder match, I'd say he could have been a good heel for Kallisto (really, why do we need TWO masked baby face luchadors?) If Breeze had any credit left, he'd have been a good challenge for Kallisto. Hell, I'd even prefer a heeled up "we the people" Jack Swagger against Kallisto, even sans Zeb.

I'm just hoping either Ryback beats him or vice-versa and end this program already because nobody cares. Ryback is not a great goliath, and Kallisto deserves better.

The roster is too deep for any hope of ever seeing Kalisto taken as a serious threat.
Neville, Crews, Zayn, and Stardust/Cody are all more talented "little
guys" who will (and/or should) get a push ahead of Kalisto.

I read somewhere on here that wwe should just have Ryback take the title off of Kalisto and go on a rampage. Something similar to Cena's open challenge, except not as competitive, more dominate. I agree completely. After a few defenses against Social Outcast, Sin cara, etc, I would have Ryback's first real challenger be Apollo Crews.
Kalsito/Lucha Dragons can go back to the tag team scene. They are a great team and breaking them up will not benefit either.

Have Kalisto retain, Rusev challenges the next night on Raw and demolishes Kalisto and gets back to being the dominant Bulgarian brute again. Rematch the following Raw and this time Rusev "injures" Kalisto and shows his dominance again.

Eventually, US Title becomes European Title.

Every belt need a champion who will use it somehow on TV, so whoever wins this match, give this guy some TV program. I don't care who wins the match, not a 1 bit

It doesn't matter who wins, on Raw the title should transition to one of their new stars like Corbin or Crews.

There are many open options. This match happening again is stale, thanks to the bookers. Even Ryback has vented out his frustrations about their previous bout at Wrestlemania.

I think that Ryback losing again would seriously derail him. So He should win this match.

But if Kalisto wins, give him a proper deserved TV time. Turn Sincara heel as he gets jealous of his partner's success. Or let Baron Corbin decimate Kalisto to win the title.

Do whatever but atleast provide some credibility to this title. It has gone from being prestigious to a big zero.

Well, at least this is on the pre-show... I don't remember WWE dedicating any time to this program, at least not on Raw... I'm just confused as to why this is still a thing. If they want to keep the LD together for whatever reason, than they should have just taken the belt off of Kalisto at Mania instead of letting Ryback tread water for a month. Ryback needs to win the belt here. Kalisto hasn't done shit with the strap and it's too late to start booking his run as having any sort of meaning.

It seems as if the LON are splitting soon so that should open up some depth in the mid-card title scene. I wouldn't mind seeing either Del Rio or Rusev turning face and feuding with Ryback after Payback. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kalisto win again and continue to do nothing though.

What's the f*cking point... Like, seriously? No build, nothing since WrestleMania, after all the work Cena did (yes, I went there) the US Title is gonna need some elevation.

Are they waiting till Cena's back? Hope so, the belt needs some time some prestige and for someone to give a shit about it.

It doesn't matter who wins, on Raw the title should transition to one of their new stars like Corbin or Crews.

The US title is supposed to be the #2 title, I'd say have somebody like Dean Ambrose, Sami Zayn or Kevin Owens win it since they aren't going to world champs anytime soon.

Well, at least this is on the pre-show... I don't remember WWE dedicating any time to this program, at least not on Raw... I'm just confused as to why this is still a thing. If they want to keep the LD together for whatever reason, than they should have just taken the belt off of Kalisto at Mania instead of letting Ryback tread water for a month. Ryback needs to win the belt here. Kalisto hasn't done shit with the strap and it's too late to start booking his run as having any sort of meaning.

It seems as if the LON are splitting soon so that should open up some depth in the mid-card title scene. I wouldn't mind seeing either Del Rio or Rusev turning face and feuding with Ryback after Payback. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kalisto win again and continue to do nothing though.

I think after Ryback vented about his WM match, they may use that against him. Having him lose again to humble him again.

There are many open options. This match happening again is stale, thanks to the bookers. Even Ryback has vented out his frustrations about their previous bout at Wrestlemania.

I think that Ryback losing again would seriously derail him. So He should win this match.

But if Kalisto wins, give him a proper deserved TV time. Turn Sincara heel as he gets jealous of his partner's success. Or let Baron Corbin decimate Kalisto to win the title.

Do whatever but atleast provide some credibility to this title. It has gone from being prestigious to a big zero.

He probably will be punished for venting about WM 32.

I doubt they'd turn Sin Cara heel. They probably need Lucha Dragons as a credible tag team incase they need to get one of the heel tag teams who happen to face New Day over.

What's the f*cking point... Like, seriously? No build, nothing since WrestleMania, after all the work Cena did (yes, I went there) the US Title is gonna need some elevation.

Are they waiting till Cena's back? Hope so, the belt needs some time some prestige and for someone to give a shit about it.

I say Kalisto wins. I'm curious to see where they go after this. US Title should be defended on the main card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back