WWE Payback - Dolph Ziggler VS Baron Corbin

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Jack-Hammer, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

This match has been officially added to complete the card for Payback with a simple, easy to follow, easy to understand storyline with Baron Corbin as this brash upstart/bully who's targeted Dolph Ziggler as the means of making a name for himself on the main roster.

WrestleMania was technically Corbin's first WWE ppv appearance while Payback is his first announced WWE ppv appearance and I see no reason why he shouldn't go over Dolph Ziggler. Corbin has momentum during a vulnerable point in his career, he's been on the main roster for less than a month, so a loss to Ziggler here doesn't suggest good things for his future.

2. Azane

Azane Mid-Card Championship Winner

Glorified RAW PPVs continue.

Ziggler isn't stopping Corbin's Momentum, I hope it goes beyond a squash, but I don't see it being much different then their last 2 RAW matches.

3. kadroan

kadroan King Of The Ring

Corbin with the win. Maybe this match will get 10 minutes. It sucks to see how far Ziggler has fallen. Dude putting over talent now.

4. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

Baron Corbin should easily win this match. No way, it should be won by Dolph Ziggler.

I am really liking Baron Corbin at the main roster. His "Lone Wolf" persona has made me interested in him.

Dolph Ziggler has been a filler wrestler nowadays. WWE wasted the opportunity when he won the Survivor Series match solely. Can't see his importance in WWE anymore.

5. MINISTRYrising

MINISTRYrising Championship Contender

I'm looking forward to this as I'm a fan of both guys and I find Corbin works best against smaller more athletic Wrestlers, so this one should be quiet entertaining. I'm Expecting Baron to get the win here with a dominant display from the lone wolf.