WWE No Mercy - John Cena VS Roman Reigns

Discussion in 'WWE Pay Per Views' started by Jack-Hammer, Aug 28, 2017.

1. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

I'm going to call false on this as well.

If this was, as you say, the match of the night by the crowd who are mostly hardcore fans (represented by the IWC), seeing as this was a PPV event, wouldn't that mean you just contradicted yourself?

Also workrate and storytelling goes hand in hand neither are exclusive from each other. These are how you get the best matches like Bret vs Austin at WM13, the Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho series in 2008, or even the Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens rivalry last year. These were hot programs since they combined great workrate and could tell a story in the ring. The IWC or hardcore crowd ate those matches up.

Reigns still hasn't connected to the fans at least not relative to the level or the spot he's in. He headlines three Wrestlemania's and, from what I've, seen there's still a general disinterest in him being the top guy.

2. Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick Dark Match Winner

My God was that excessive. Is psychology just gone at this point? Finisher, after finisher, after finisher after finisher, and Roman still kicks out.

The clumsiness of it all bothers me more than the superman booking of Roman. I would have expected more of Cena, who came up in the OVW developmental territory. I get that wrestling's changed but holy shit, the match totally lost me at a certain point.

3. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

sorry about my first comment on the night of the PPV. It was just me reacting to what i was seeing without thinking, i already apologize to the moderator about it. It happens sometimes that you make mistake in the heat of the moment and i wrote this in the heat of the moment because i just saw something that for me was special and that i never thought i would see in this current era. Again sorry if i offended you or any other fans on this board with the original comment, that wasn't my intention at all.

4. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

Yeah the match wasn't too good. This was the first half Reigns destroying Cena after Cena tried to walk out and the last half was a finisher-fest from Cena. I really had no idea was going on here. This should have been a fight from the get go considering the promos both guys were throwing at each other.

I mean it was a pretty good match and probably one of the better matches of the night but the whole match felt kind of flat for the most part.

In terms of psychology or storytelling there was really nothing happening here. It was just stuff going on for 20 mins.