Akira Tozawa
Curt Hawkins
Kalisto
Rhyno
Tamina
TJP
Heath Slater

On the fence:
Big Cass (Hopefully they package him differently after injury) would love to see him as Strowmans partner. He does better in tag setting anyways.
Mojo Rawley
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
Tye Dillinger
Fandango***
Tyler Breeze***

*** Note that I do like them both as a Tag Team but I think they need more. Their appeal is starting to dwindle a bit and they can use something fresh. Maybe a heel turn with a manager??
Bella Twins (Or just have them doing WWE reality shows)

Titus
The Club (Gallows and Anderson) If they're not gonna use them properly, just let them go join Cody..
Dana Brooke
Corbin - He's just useless..
Colons
Natalya
Tamina

Why the hell would anyone fire Goldust or Big Show?

These are pretty much now, along with Kane the most experienced active guys you have... Goldust may have value as a trainer, but that value is far greater training guys IN THE RING and on TV... He can still go, is arguably better than ever in many ways and the fans accept him as an "elder statesman" of the company. Not withstanding you send him out into the world right now and he just enhances Cody's All In project as competition...

Show is re-signed, so forget him going anywhere... cue him being Strowman's tag partner... as I predicted. Kane will retire soon, but he'll get one last push.

Maria and Mike? She just had a kid yesterday, so would be harsh to release them... repackage them on their return and give them another shot.

Rhyno? Perhaps, he has run his course, as have guys like Slater, Ascension, Colon's and Breezeango... all these have had multiple go rounds and not clicked, so I agree these can be replaced.

But the issue remains, jettison too many and it means you plunder NXT again. Sure they've had some new talent in there, but you can't do the mass call ups in the way they did previously without damaging the brand... Replacing some tag teams seems smart, SaNity and Authors of Pain are ready and need to come up... but leave the others there for now. That means keeping some of the lesser teams a while longer to get them over.

Likewise singles guys... Is Lars Sullivan ready to take over from Big Show? Hell no... Is Velveteen Dream ready to take Goldust's mantle? Not yet...and it could be another Adam Rose if they rush it.

Realistically these are the only replacements/releases that should be made in the coming weeks.

SaNity for Ascension, Bray Wyatt, Tamina (assuming Bray is repackaged in some way)
Ohno/Chris Hero replaces Sheamus (Kings of Wrestling replace The Bar if Sheamus is as injured as they say)
Aliester Black replaces Kane (assuming Drew stays in NXT)
Johnny Gargano replaces R-Truth as mid card face

Leave others where they are... guys like Bo can always be repackaged with Bray in a new Wyatt family... someone like Axel could join too.

I disagree with the sentiment of "way too many wrestlers in WWE." If wwe did a cleaning in order to free up money, maybe, but to do a cleaning because of too many people on the roster...I disagree.

For one, R-truth, Alicia Fox, The Colons, Tamina and whoever else who hasn't been seen a more than a handful of times within the last couple of years aren't hurting anyone from still being on the roster. Plus, I would hate to be called up only to replace one of them as a "standby superstar."

Also a big reason people hate wwe is because of their constant repetitiveness.

Each week on Raw, we know we are going to see, Sheamus, Cesaro, Reigns, Balor, Miz, Strowman, Rollins, etc.
That is all well and good, but it gets boring pretty quickly when you get the same guys fighting each other EVERY SINGLE week.
A good example of this is Raw's tag team title scene. For almost a year, we had Rollins fighting Sheamus and Cesaro on nearly every episode of Raw.

Some of these names mentioned so far make no sense. Why would wwe get rid of Corbin, Kalisto, Sasha Banks, Titus, Bray, Slater, Breezango, a few of 205 live's top cruiserweights?
Kalisto is the biggest name on 205 live.
Corbin, hate him all you want, but you can't deny that he's done well for himself, the last two years of being on the main roster.
Sasha Banks! Really? Sasha's arguably the biggest female on the roster, as I don't think Asuka's popularity is at that level yet.

I hated Baron Corbin when he first came up from nxt. I just couldn't get behind him. I wanted him gone. I don't know whats happened but he's grown on me in the last year. So I want him to stay.

People only get released for creatve reasons if WWE has nothing for them to do.

envy said:
I hated Baron Corbin when he first came up from nxt. I just couldn't get behind him. I wanted him gone. I don't know whats happened but he's grown on me in the last year. So I want him to stay.

Once heard someone say that Corbin has the personality that Reigns was supposed to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back