WWE Movies, pick your favorite.

WWE favorite Movie

• See No Evil

• The Marine

• The Condemned

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mexican Geek

It's good to be back!
Here are the 3 movies produced by WWE, featuring Kane, John Cena and SCSA.
Just pick your favorite; the following numbers are just information, do not base your vote in the numbers.
and leave feedback about your pick.

**PLEASE, NO WRESTLING TALK! This is a movie thread for Christ sake....:D

------------------------------------
See No Evil
359101_a.jpg

Numbers:
TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES (Box Office)
Domestic: $15,032,800 82.6%
+ Foreign: $3,167,067 17.4%
= Worldwide: $18,199,867

DVD / HOME VIDEO SUMMARY
Rental Gross: $16.49 million
(as of 1/21/07)
Release Date: November 28, 2006
Time to Video: 6 months, 10 days
-----------------------------------
The Marine
marine_poster.jpg

Numbers:
Domestic: $18,844,784 86.1%
+ Foreign: $3,050,484 13.9%
= Worldwide: $21,895,268

DVD / HOME VIDEO SUMMARY
Rental Gross: $30.53 million
(as of 4/29/07)
Release Date: January 30, 2007
Time to Video: 3 months, 17 days
------------------------------------
The Condemned
condemned_poster.jpg

Numbers
Domestic: $7,371,706 90.8%
+ Foreign: $745,896 9.2%
= Worldwide: $8,117,602

DVD / HOME VIDEO SUMMARY
Rental Gross: $11.12 million
(as of 10/7/07)
Release Date: September 18, 2007
Time to Video: 4 months, 22 days
-------------------------------------------------

Personally, my favorite is The Condemned. Lots of fights and Vinnie Jones is in the cast, that's enough for me.(such a badass). I know is a weaker ripoff of "Batoru Rowaiaru" (geeks of Jap movies should know...) but the formula still attracted my attention. The Villain (Robert Mammone) is developed as it should be, great job.

The Marine is not a bad movie, actually John Cena is not that bad in his role as... John Triton! what a name uh? Anyway, great action sequences, the car chase is one of the best I've seen, and there are some good fights also. The chick (Kelly Carlson) is ubber hot! and Robert Patrick is another badass, so this helps too.

Haven't seen "See no Evil", so, no opinion on that one.

See No Evil. In an age where horror movies are made for kids, this is ok. It's by no means a classic. But it's big dumb fun. Kane make's a convincing bad guy. Probably being ugly helps.

When I said It was ok. I lied. It's bad. But by WWE standars it's brilliant.

The Marine is shit. How can somebody with plenty of charisma like Cena be so wooded? He's terrible. WWE also seem to be impressed with there cast. They shouldn't be. Robert Patrick is a good actor. And he's done some good films. But he's known for a film that was made 16 years ago. He's a bit part player in any films that dont go staright to video.

The Condemned is also crap. Austin as Austin is not acting. He's cutting promos throughout the films. That's it. And Vinnie Jones is fuckin' awful in everything. He's supposed to be some hard man. But personally I cant take him seriously in any role like that. Just because you're ugle doesn't mean your hard. He also only weighs about 12 stone.

Then again it depends what sort of films you're into.

Jesus how can I pick between such modern day classics as See No Evil, The Marine, and the Condemned?! How could you make a man choose between these films?

Each of them is so breathtakingly brilliant in their own way. Everything down to the wonderful cinematogrophy and the Academy Award-caliber acting of men like John Cena, Stone Cold, and the big ugly red dude.

Greatest 3 films ever. How can I pick? I choose suicide.

I actually didn't mind the Marine that much. None of these movies are great or even that good but this one was watchable.

See No Evil and the Condemned were vomit inducing. No they are, read the poison control warning on Comet and it says if swallowed watch the Condemned starring Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Also, Walking Tall was a WWE released movie and is better than all three of these.

I thought the Condemned was actually a decent movie, but then I had the lowest expectations imaginable, out of these three flicks I found it the most entertaining, See No Evil would come in second, anybody else notice that all three stars of these movies, SCSA, Cena, & Kane, they all basically play the same character in the movies as they do in WWE, but Rocks movies are all far superior to these three, and lets not for get that McMahon was a producer on Scorpion King, and Walking Tall

See No Evil. It's a really shitty horror movie, but at least you know it's going to be really bad when you watch it. Plus, Kane doesn't say anything, so he doesn't look like the worst actor in the movie.

The Marine: Maybe one of the worst movies ever. Maybe Cena should be less monotone. He sure in the hell is no Suburban Commando. Like Jake said, Robert Patrick is known for his role as a soulless robot, he shouldn't channel that into all of his characters.

The Condemned: Rented it, didn't open the box, and took it back, oops.

Im goin with see no evil, one because the marine was terrible and i havent seen the condemned and he kills a girl with a phone dont see that everyday

Its almost too hard to pick, because all three movies were similar in acting. Horrible. But I'll give my good & bad reviews on each. Then, my pick.

See No Evil:
The Good: As far as horror movies go, it had nice effects. Not the world's greatest gore, but still better than some.. & I doubt W.W.E. spent near as much money on it as other major flops. Overall, Kane not speaking in it sold the movie. And the final plot of a possible sequel leaves it open to believe this was the best of the three. I think that tells everyone that W.W.E. was high on Kane playing a legit monster, whereas they weren't sold on Cena being a Marine or Austin being an undercover cop.

The Bad: Cheesy won't quite fit, but thats only because it surpassed the word. I think they could've set up some of the death scenes to be better. When I ultimately thought of See No Evil, I was kinda hoping for the stupidity killing, like in movies such as Hostel.

The Marine:
The Good: I honestly liked the movie. As far as action movies go, it had a lot in it. The storyline was same ol, same ol.. but it played out nicely. Regarding Robert Patrick, I actually liked him in this movie. I thought his character was an ass, with a stupid funny side. The black guy (don't remember the name) was what sold it as being worth anything though.

The Bad: Cena opens by saving another soldier.. that storyline has been played out far too much & its too repetitive. Furthermore, they had him take on the opening role of becoming a security guard after he left the Marines. At least let him become a police officer, it would've explained a little bit more on why he wasn't being tracked by police to be questioned, so much more as allowed to freely roam around.

Finally, while the storyline was predictable & still nicely played out.. the ending was too quickly put together. The build lead everyone to practically finish at the swamp shack, which was stupid. He should've taken them out one by one.. not mainly everyone there, & the main bad guy shortly there after.

The Condemned:
The Good: The storyline curve with Austin ending up being an agent undercover was nice. Also, the fact that this was so close to being what could come to terms on being actually real some day was spookey. (the whole killing people being viewed as a public thing) The ending was obviously forseeable, which is what all three movies had in common. (Good guys win, Bad guys lose) But still nicely put together.

The Bad: There was not a decent actor in the movie. And pushing for Nathan Jones to be in it, what was that all about? Surely they could've found another big muscled idiot to be a non-speaking bad guy. The death scenes sucked. Everyone died by someone else practically pulling that little leg trigger, including the one girl taking her own life. Stupid way to kill them off.

Finally, Austin didn't show any emotion for being an undercover agent when it came to the one mexican getting killed. He just stood there & glared, ending everything with a corny "Game on" expression.. Triple H. was probably right, he likely only said it to attempt getting H.H.H.'s fans to watch.. lol

Overall: I voted for See No Evil. Mainly because it was at least better put together. I'd say The Marine would come in second, because Cena showed slight character & an overall concern for saving his Woman.. whereas Austin in The Condemned just played a vengeance role to end everything with him returning home.

See No Evil is my favorite.It was a good horror movie. The star of the movie is the best, Kane of course! He is the face of horror, that what makes him perfect for this movie and that what made it good.The Condemned was a very good movie,and Stone Cold Steve Austin is one of my favorite wrestlers but I am a bigger Kane fan and I like horror movies.

I never really liked any of the WWE movies, that includes the movies The Rock were in that were sponsered by WWE, such as The Scorpion King, but if I had to pick between the three, I'd probably go with The Condemned. I just overall liked the plot of it, and it wasn't that bad of a movie.

I certainly have to say See No Evil. Even though it's clear that WWE didn't put as much money into it as the Marine or the Condemned. It had a great plot, and was left with the possiblity of a sequal. Kane was a perfect choice for the villan of the movie, and him not talking only added to that. I do wish that the killing scenes were a little more brutal then they were, but the whole gouging out the eyes thing was pretty sick.

I haven't seen any of these movies, and I'm proud. My choice looking at the advertising and previews would be "See No Evil". I saw of "The Marine" and it was terrible. Back to "See No Evil" I think Kane was the perfect character for that movie. WWE does not produce good movies, but that's just my opinion

By far my favorite is The Condemned. I love the action in it and the storyline although taken from other movies and stories is still intriguing to me. Big names in this movie and mucho excitement. I think the fact that it has a wrestler in it is one of the reasons that not too many people were attracted to it, but if you can get passed the whole wrestler thing I think this is a good movie to watch.

What about No Holds Barred and Suburban Commando? Suburban Commando was so bad it was good. I actually liked that one. Of course, Christopher Lloyd, not Hogan, made that movie. And, what about 'Taker with the squeaky voice? LOL! No one ever mentions those old movies.

Condemned was good if only for the killing. Austin really isn't that bad an actor, but he should be playing a bad guy. He doesn't have the hero look. The big, bald, beer swilling, foul mouthed character is usually the bad guy. That's how Austin should be cast.

See No Evil was a decent movie with Kane actually playing a pretty good acting roll and he made that his own. The Condemed was a close second especally with Stone Cold kicking everyone's ass. The Marine was complete shit. I hated that movie with a passion and i will never see that movie ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back