WWE Money in the Back 2011: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punk walking away was the biggest surprise we all knew would happen..
Something is happening that I haven't seen in a while, I'm excited to watch RAW tomorrow.
The way Punks carried himself the last month has put me on the edge of my kayfabe seat.
Not to mention seeing Bryan in the ME soon is going to make Smackdown interesting, he needed something like this.

CM punk is going to get turned face by the crowd, if anyone's compared him to SCSA in the past, he definitely looks like he's taking a similar path to legendary status now.

Cena being fired, will he show up more than he does when he's hired again? This could be the best chance to make a heel Cena who ends up going insane and siding with Vince. Cena Punk with reversed roles could keep this fresh until Rock starts showing up once a month to put Cena back over.

One of the main reasons I am looking forward to RAW tomorrow is to see who fills the void Punk and Cena leaving. If they are both gone for a couple months, the face talent on RAW looks a little thin. Can Rey-Ry carry the Raw brand as the top faces? I would enjoy a Miz face turn, but don't know how that could be pulled off.

Either way, a PPV that gets a bunch of people excited about the shows for the next couple of weeks did a great job. I know I can't wait to see what happens next.

CM punk is going to get turned face by the crowd, if anyone's compared him to SCSA in the past, he definitely looks like he's taking a similar path to legendary status now.

Cena being fired, will he show up more than he does when he's hired again? This could be the best chance to make a heel Cena who ends up going insane and siding with Vince. Cena Punk with reversed roles could keep this fresh until Rock starts showing up once a month to put Cena back over.

I'm a little hesitant to make the comparisons between CM Punk & Stone Cold, because it's a little like the comparisons between Cena & Hogan. That's just not an area I really wanna go. However, Punk does have a very Stone Cold type feel about his recent push, not the least of which has to do with the fact that his first big move with that worked shoot was done with him wearing a Stone Cold shirt.

I believe that shoot will go down much like Austin 3:16 did. This had a bigger initial reaction, but it lacked the catch phrase, so while people will continue to talk about it, perhaps for years, if in fact the PG-Era is over, as I believe it is, and people will call the match between Punk & Cena the turning point and the start of a new era, I don't think it'll get the lasting recognition that Austin 3:16 has had.

As for Cena...

Cena's not going heel. They're building a feud between Cena & Vince to try yet again to push Cena as a face everyone can like. "Dear God, please make the fans like me - especially the men - and please don't let them boo me - especially the men." "Well Jean." "But my name is John." "It doesn't matter what your name is!"

... sorry, that was the best promo from The Rock I've seen in 8 years, maybe ever.

Point is, Cena's not turning heel, he's feuding with Vince next.

I caught the last half of the ppv, and it was all fucking awesome. The raw mitb was great. everyone was hitting some pretty great moves all over the place. it was brutal, and it felt like they all really wanted it. the ending was great, except for the obvious botch of rey's ladder hitting del rio's so del rio had to climb again, but hey, he still pulled it off.

christian vs orton was great as well. i for one thought the ending was perfect. heels are suppose to be cowardly. it would have been dumb to have orton loose cleanly. spitting in orton's face then allowing himself to be kicked in the nuts showed how committed christian is in getting back the title. he would do anything to get it. makes me wonder what is next. im sure that orton has a rematch clause, but are they really going to do orton vs christian number 5 for summerslam? unless it is something like an i quite match or iron man match, i think there will be a new challenger to the title.

punk vs cena. damn, for someone who hates cena, i give him props. he put on a good match, and he obviously was a bit upset over the amount of hate he received. the ending was great. vince tries to screw over punk, and ends up screwing over cena in the process. punk kicks out of 2 aa's and doesnt tap to multiple stf's. you could tell how hungry he was for it. great ending with del rio coming out. im sure that the wwe knew that people thought that del rio would come out to cash it in and save vince, so he teased that, and had it not work out. great ending there.

for the other matches i didnt see. divas- eh, its a diva match. have to have a bathroom break
show vs henry: for big men, it did not seem like a boring match.
smackdown mitb: from what i read, great match with really great spots. i really wish that rhodes won, and im not sure what they are going to do with bryan. he is no where close to main event ready, but they delivered another suprise, so i give them kudos for that. i actually see rhodes challenging bryan for the briefcase and winning, since they have a feud going on, but with a heel as champ and orton the only main event face, maybe bryan is what the wwe needs right now.

First things first this was a great PPV and i'd go so far so to say it was better than wrestlemania this year and one of the best we have seen in WWE in the past few years. especially the main event was fuckin amazing, it was edge of the seat stuff..am really glad to see the way it ended couldnt have been booked better imo. CM punk deserved to win in his hometown in front of his home crowd and am really glad and tankful to WWE for not screwing that up.
Now, for those of you idiots who are bashing john cena, he was incredible tonight and all those "you cant wrestle" chants are bullshit he was awesome in the ring now i wouldnt say this often but i really thought he gave more than 100% tonite. Remember it takes two guys to put on one hell of a match and they did just that. So john cena deserves same amount of credit as cm punk for putting up that great match.
Am sick of people constantly thrashing cena, he works his fuckin ass out that man deserves some respect. Its only fair that people recognise that and show some respect.

P.S. Daniel Bryan winning smackdown MITB match was kickasss stuff, i for one never thought he'd win..great so see him win...
I am not a Cena fan, well the in ring persona WWE gives him anyways. I respect him as a guy with good character and who does all the outside stuff necessary to promote the industry, but Chavo made a great point most of Cenas matches are the same formula and boring, but tonight he showed he is capable of being so much better when he's not booked as SUPERCENA. Both men left it all in the ring and if that's the last we see of Punk as a wrestler for a while, it was a hell of a way to go into a vacation

Holy shit What a fucking PPV this turned out to be!! Damn Damn Damn is all i gotta say this was one hell of a show!! Top to bottom hot crowd good fucking matches cept for th divas match the main event Stole the show!! Told you guys that cena can wrestle if given a chance!! That failed montreal screwjob was priceless way to go PUNK!!! Tomorrow night CENA YOUR FIREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But this PPV IMO has already and probably the ppv of the year!! Call me crazy but the main event might score 5 stars and could be the match of the year

Over all it was a great PPerView, what can i say, i'm not a fan of Punk, but he earned my respect in the past 2 months, he's truly great at what he does, he did botch some moves but it basically didn't matter when you have a crowd as amazing as Chingo's, the match was good no doubt, that suplex from the ropes to the outside ground had me cringing, they always pretend there going for it, yet they never actually connect with it, so i give props to Punk for having the balls to take such a horrible move,

the ending was good, but not really good, i truly would have been much happier with a cena turns Heel story line with Vince helping him (as if Cena ever turns heel tho), or Punk aligning himself up with Vince, still a much better finish then the typical Cena FU/STFU

Smackdowns MITB, once again good, not as crazy good people are making it out to be, Sin caras spot was good, the Gabrial spot was ok.... it was almost no different to a normal 450 tbh, Bryan winning was a shock, i don't think much of him and hardly understand his hype either, a small guy who's not good at high flying and yet he still manages to botch 1/5 of his moves.... his theme song is complete garbage and his look is average at best, still a good match in the end

RAW MITB, to me this was better then smackdowns MITB, Evan did a fantastic Job, Mysterio delivered like he always does, Kofi delivered as well, Miz's selling of the knee injury was fantastic, and a shit ton of people actually bought into it, ADR was a little stale in there tbh, i'm a fan of his, but even i believe he needs to pick his game up again.

Orton vs Christian, solid match overall, good finish, nice to see an unexpected finish as well might i add, the spitting part was dirty as hell, and i surely assume it wasn't meant to go in Randy's mouth..., Christian as champ again was highly unexpected, but he has been doing a good job as a heel lately so we will see were he goes from here

Diva's match, i'm not someone who hates on the diva's, but i have to be honest and say i just couldn't care the least bit about there match + MITB started at 8am here in Perth Australia and i went to sleep at 2am.......

Big show VS Mark Henry, i'm going to go out on a limb and say this was entertaining, Big Show brought his A-game, and Henry looked leaner then he has in the past 5 years, he looked faster as well, the finish once again was one that isn't all that expected, i didn't really see big show winning this match because it would just bury the current push that was given to mark henry, the end part with the steel chair attack was also quite a nice touch to Henry's current heel persona' it makes him look like legit monster, sort of like her was when he returned in 2006 and was destroying Batista and Taker

overall 9/10 card imho, good matches, cool finished to the matches, and most of all an amazing crowed in the Cena vs Punk match which made it a must watch match and a must watch PPerView. congratz WWE you have finally picked up some slack that has been missing for a long long time

Punk wins... that is GREAT! However, let me be the one to point out that once again, CENA NEVER LOSES A FREAKIN' MATCH CLEANLY!!!

Oh don't start that shit again. He does lose clean, To Triple H and Randy Orton. The only other person in the company who has any business getting a clean win over Cena is Taker. If you still don't realize that, you're not a smart person. End of story.

Second of all, uh.. he DID lose clean. Punk did not cheat, Cena cost himself the match. Put it this way, when Jericho took Mysterio's mask off and Mysterio focused on that instead of the match he was in and Jericho won, was that not a clean win? Jericho did nothing against the rules and neither did Punk. If you wanted a cleaner finish than this, you're an idiot.

Damn. People are seriously trying to undercut a fantastic match just because they have no idea what wrestling is supposed to be. It's fucking nuts.

Oh don't start that shit again. He does lose clean, To Triple H and Randy Orton. The only other person in the company who has any business getting a clean win over Cena is Taker. If you still don't realize that, you're not a smart person. End of story.

Second of all, uh.. he DID lose clean. Punk did not cheat, Cena cost himself the match. Put it this way, when Jericho took Mysterio's mask off and Mysterio focused on that instead of the match he was in and Jericho won, was that not a clean win? Jericho did nothing against the rules and neither did Punk. If you wanted a cleaner finish than this, you're an idiot.

Damn. People are seriously trying to undercut a fantastic match just because they have no idea what wrestling is supposed to be. It's fucking nuts.

Just making a general observation... Punk's win tonight only came because Vince McMahon came down and "distracted" Cena. That is not what we call a "clean" win... If you REALLY NEED an example of what a "clean" win is, go and watch Hogan vs. Warrior from WrestleMania 6...

If you do not understand the difference here, then you are the one who is an idiot. "What wrestling is supposed to be"? So you are the one who decides what wrestling is supposed to be? Glad I got that straight... You had better give me your phone number so I can check with you before I make a decision on whether or not I like a particular wrestling angle... MORON!!!

Fantastic job done on this PPV, maybe the best one WWE has put on in nearly a decade. SD! MITB match was a lot of fun and the Sheamus powerbomb of Sin Cara was brutal. Good showing for everyone for the most part and D. Bryan winning was a nice left field pick (I guess Vince really does like him). The divas match was fine. Between Kelly and Brie, we're not expecting a clinic. They kept it short and made K2 look like the champ that the WWE doesn't want (that would be Karma), but the one it needs right now...that would sound epic if Gary Oldman said it :).Show vs. Henry was fine for two super heavyweights past their prime, but it did the job, make Henry look like and unstoppable force. Solid job by both, brutal Vader bomb onto the chair/Shows leg too. Raw MITB match had its spots as well, I thought Miz was the star with his gutting through the injury. I have no qualms with ADR winning, he has top heel potential, but I wouldve marked for Truth if he won and had spiders attack him, lol. Orton vs. Christian was fun, like the others were. Unlike some in the IWC, I like this feud for both guys, heel Christian is every bit the opportunist the Edge was and the 'E needs that. Having Orton go psycho was fun; to bad the table didn't break. I guess it all comes to a head at SS for these two, and maybe add Sheamus or Henry to the mix(I prefer the former). Then there's Punk vs. Cena...absolutely epic. I get into it here with some hardcore TNA fans over the fact that even though TNA can put on fantastic matches, when the WWE wants to blow something out of the water, no wrestling promotion can top their track record. Give props to John Cena folks, he put on possibly the match of his career. As for Punk, this is the guy the WWE shouldve been pushing, not baby face Punk, but anti hero/heel Punk. He's one of the best in the world and he deserves where he is. Love the failed Montreal screwjob attempt, love the clean Punk win (and yes, it was clean. Nobody helped Punk, in fact Vince tried to screw him. Cena lost for doing "the right thing". Perfect). And Punk knocking out Del Rio and taking off through his hometown crowd was a perfect end. By far the best show the WWE has put on in a long time, and we didn't need any blading or R rated content to enjoy it. Great in and out of the ring storytelling is what makes pro wrestling great.

Just making a general observation... Punk's win tonight only came because Vince McMahon came down and "distracted" Cena. That is not what we call a "clean" win... If you REALLY NEED an example of what a "clean" win is, go and watch Hogan vs. Warrior from WrestleMania 6...

It was a clean win because Punk didn't cheat. No one distracted Cena, hell he was about to win the match. Cena jumped out of the ring and distracted himself. I see you blatantly avoided my Jericho comparison. Not surprising, it does take a lot away from your stance here. Punk didn't cheat, no one interfered. Punk won clean.

If you do not understand the difference here, then you are the one who is an idiot. "What wrestling is supposed to be"? So you are the one who decides what wrestling is supposed to be? Glad I got that straight...

Heels cheat to win unless they are Monster heels. That is how wrestling works. I'm not the one who comes up with it, it's only been the formula for wrestling since oh I don't know, fucking forever!

You had better give me your phone number so I can check with you before I make a decision on whether or not I like a particular wrestling angle...

Eh. My PM box is open to you, I'm always willing to teach the less intelligent folks.

Oh well damn. See if I ever offer to help you again. That was hurtful. :(

Yes, it was a clean win. There was no cheating involved, Cena distracted himself. Cena instead of taking out Punk, "took his eye of the ball," and began to talk to Vince. Cena, then not paying attention, fell right into a GTS, and the pin was made. Vince didn't distract Cena, he distracted Punk when he first srrived, Vince didn't distract Cena, Cena payed too much attention on Vince and Johnny Ace, and was playing the "good guy who want's everything to be fair" that he forgot about Punk.

Vince was not down there on intention's to distract Cena, he was down there to screw CM Punk. Cena was in the middle of it all, and instead of allowing a screwjob to occur, he saved Punk, but in reality, screwed himself.

Cena screwed Cena.

I was under the impression that Punk was about to get screwed and Cena didn't want that to happen so he broke his move and eventually suffered for it...Its somewhat similar to someone taunting and then being rolled up...How was it not a clean or atleast a legitimate win...

In other news...I actually jumped in my seat when Daniel Bryan won! :D

It was a clean win because Punk didn't cheat. No one distracted Cena, hell he was about to win the match. Cena jumped out of the ring and distracted himself. I see you blatantly avoided my Jericho comparison. Not surprising, it does take a lot away from your stance here. Punk didn't cheat, no one interfered. Punk won clean.

Just because Punk didn't cheat, that does not mean that he won cleanly... Do you even read what you post? So If someone in the crowd threw a full bottle of Pepsi and it hit John Cena in the head and knocked him out, then Punk covers Cena for the 1,2,3... Then that means that Punk won cleanly because Punk didn't cheat? You are a MORON!!! I didn't feel the need to respond to your Jericho match comment because you answered the question yourself... Jericho did NOT win that match cleanly.

Heels cheat to win unless they are Monster heels. That is how wrestling works. I'm not the one who comes up with it, it's only been the formula for wrestling since oh I don't know, fucking forever!

Completely agree... did we have a disagreement here?

Eh. My PM box is open to you, I'm always willing to teach the less intelligent folks.

You might want to learn how to call something that is blatantly obvious first... Like, what the difference is between a clean win and a NOT clean win first before you start "teaching" anyone anything about pro wrestling...

Oh well damn. See if I ever offer to help you again. That was hurtful.

What is even more hurtful is seeing you type like you actually know something...

Yes, it was a clean win. There was no cheating involved, Cena distracted himself. Cena instead of taking out Punk, "took his eye of the ball," and began to talk to Vince. Cena, then not paying attention, fell right into a GTS, and the pin was made. Vince didn't distract Cena, he distracted Punk when he first srrived, Vince didn't distract Cena, Cena payed too much attention on Vince and Johnny Ace, and was playing the "good guy who want's everything to be fair" that he forgot about Punk.

Vince was not down there on intention's to distract Cena, he was down there to screw CM Punk. Cena was in the middle of it all, and instead of allowing a screwjob to occur, he saved Punk, but in reality, screwed himself.

Cena screwed Cena.

The point is that they just won't let Cena get beat... they ALWAYS have to make some sort of reason as to why he got beat. Cena didn't get countered and hit with the GTS... Cena was "distracted" by Vince & company and then got hit with the GTS... So Cena still gets to look like he is Superman...

Just because Punk didn't cheat, that does not mean that he won cleanly... Do you even read what you post? So If someone in the crowd threw a full bottle of Pepsi and it hit John Cena in the head and knocked him out, then Punk covers Cena for the 1,2,3...

If someone threw a bottle in and knocked Cena out, that would be interference, thus it would be cheating. What are you not getting here dude? Nothing that took place in this match could have gotten anyone disqualified, so it was a clean win. End of fucking story.

Then that means that Punk won cleanly because Punk didn't cheat? You are a MORON!!! I didn't feel the need to respond to your Jericho match comment because you answered the question yourself... Jericho did NOT win that match cleanly.

Bullshit. What rule did he break? Is it illegal to remove your opponents mask during a match? Not in any matches I've ever seen. Another example. Scott Steiner vs Test. Stacy Kiebler(Test's manager) is flirting with fans or some shit on the outside and Test takes his eye off the ball, costing him the match. Is that not a clean finish?

What we clearly have here is a fundamental misunderstanding in word definitions. I believe the word you're looking for is fluke. Since no rules were broken, the finish was clean. But since he only got the win because Cena lost focus, it was a fluke win. Are we clear now little buddy? By the way, there is this little quote button at the bottom of your page that would help this a lot. Unless you're trying to get away with talking out of your ass with no rebuttal.

If someone threw a bottle in and knocked Cena out, that would be interference, thus it would be cheating. What are you not getting here dude? Nothing that took place in this match could have gotten anyone disqualified, so it was a clean win. End of fucking story.

I do not get what you do not understand about this... CALL IT WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO CALL IT!! Cena got screwed up trying to stop Ace from ringing the bell... Thus, Punk was able to beat Cena because of this. Sounds like a way for Cena to lose, and still look like he is Superman at the same time. If you call that a "clean" win, then you need help...

Bullshit. What rule did he break? Is it illegal to remove your opponents mask during a match? Not in any matches I've ever seen. Another example. Scott Steiner vs Test. Stacy Kiebler(Test's manager) is flirting with fans or some shit on the outside and Test takes his eye off the ball, costing him the match. Is that not a clean finish?

What we clearly have here is a fundamental misunderstanding in word definitions. I believe the word you're looking for is fluke. Since no rules were broken, the finish was clean. But since he only got the win because Cena lost focus, it was a fluke win. Are we clear now little buddy? By the way, there is this little quote button at the bottom of your page that would help this a lot. Unless you're trying to get away with talking out of your ass with no rebuttal.

It is a simple as this... ummmmmm kayyy... A clean win is when two stars go head to head and one of them wins straight up, thus proving that he is the better man. IT REALLY IS AS FREAKING SIMPLE AS THAT! This is not hard. Quit trying to make it soooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking hard... I am not your "little buddy", and (for the record) I am 5 years older than you are and have watched a lot more professional wrestling that you have.

I was honestly surprised when I saw the results.I expected a screwjob finish with Punk losing but in the end Cena screwed Cena.

DB winning the SD MITB was a surprise.He was my 3rd person to win it but I was still shocked.Hopefully he cashes it in and wins the WHC.He deserves it.

Nate=Win.You cannot battle against The Nate.He just allows you to lose.

best dam wwe ppv in a long time was awesome from start to end very happy to see punk champ and they put one hell a good match overall 9/10 would give it a 10/10 but we had to sit though the boring divas match but dam still a great show best ppv in ages i dont think any ppv will top it for a while

Sure, we're happy. But where does WWE go from here? How long until Cena gets his belt back? Will CM Punk be as interesting in 3-4 months as he is now? Would they keep him in the Main Event or only get him to resign and start fucking him over because now he's got a contract and he can't do shit? You can't tell me McMahon loves it when someone puts himself over inspite of Vinnie's views on that "someone".

What about the rest of the show? What about compelling storylines for everyone else, not just Punk and Cena? What about good writing? What about wrestling on THAT level? Or are WWE fans going to disregard all the boring shit on the show and just focus on the Punk stuff, claiming it's a new era?

WWE got to the highest point it's been in YEARS. Can they keep it up? History shows that they can't. I hope history's a liar, and I hope McMahon would start noticing REAL talent without having them bitch about their spot in the company and threaten to leave, forcing him to kiss their asses and hand them belts and good storylines just so they can stay. Jeff Hardy got the exact same treatment before he left. Got the belt, sweet storyline with HHH, awesome moment, and then whamo - gone before you know it. Gone and forgotten.

The IWC is like a woman. It's happy if you fuck her good one night, but on the next morning she'll find something to bitch about and blame on you.

Sure I'm happy but I don't hate Cena and I won't bitch if cena is on raw tonight this is the first raw in a long time we don't know is happening that is interesting as for Bryan winning that was brilliant that was my biggest mark out ever

The IWC would only be happier if Zack Ryder came out and announced TNA/IW shut down for good.

Woo woo woo! You know it! Seriously though, I hate this concept of the IWC like its important enough to be a stable or bush league federation. I browse the internet and I watch wrestling and that somehow automatically makes me a smart mark by default? Its stupid. What's even more stupid is people on the internet moaning about the IWC, as if theyre somehow separate from it. Youre on the internet, complaining about internet wrestling fans. Rather redundant.

Cant we just be happy that WWE put on a great wrestling show and leave it at that, instead of trying to turn MitB into the IWC PPV?

1)Daniel Bryan won because he needs something. All the other guys in the match are involved in angles or simply dont need the win, like Sheamus.

2)Colt Cabana was on screen for very very brief seconds at a time, and the WWE announcers called him a fan when CM Punk gave him a high five during the match. They didnt even acknowledge that it was Colt. Only the smarks know it was Colt.

3)Christian won because a face needs to chase the belt in order to keep their momentum. Orton as champ was getting stale. Now he's all fired up and the fans are fired up with him, as they want to see the viper unleashed, chasing the belt.

4)John Cena still didnt lose clean. He was distracted by Vince and Johnny Ace trying to pull a Montreal Screw Job. The hero standing up for what he believes in. Typical superman John Cena stuff that the would-be IWC seems to hate.

5) CM Punk winning didnt have anything to do with pleasing the IWC. Its all about making a compelling program. There are so many layers to this angle in the weeks building up, to the match itself and the finish, and its only getting started. This angle is much more complex than, "lets please the IWC".

So no, stop. This isnt about the IWC. It isnt about your opinions on these forums. Its about making a compelling program and I guarantee you that all the casual fans are just as compelled to watch this Monday's Raw as any of you reading this.

The funny thing is, I watched the PPV, there were "botches" in both ladder matches (I hate using the word botch, especially in something as difficult as a ladder match), there was an awkward sequence in Christian vs Orton, there was that awkward cross body in Cena vs Punk, etc. However, Daniel Bryan wins MITB, Cabana and Ace Steel (come on give crazy ace some love) were seen, and Cena gets booed a lot (and works it) and Punk wins, Laurinitis took a HELL of a hit. If you watch it, both steel and Cabana are like "holy shit" because of how hard Cena hit him.

The botches didn't matter though. It was an awesome show. The live audience loved it. The smark darlings won, so even the IWC is happy. I just wish we would all pledge to look at the brighter side of things once in a while. It's been a pretty awesome year. The Rock/Cena stuff has been amazing, Miz has really become a star, Daniel Bryan is finding his place, and CM Punk and John Cena just put on an amazing match and an amazing angle. Lots of good things in WWE happened this year already.

Woo woo woo! You know it! Seriously though, I hate this concept of the IWC like its important enough to be a stable or bush league federation. I browse the internet and I watch wrestling and that somehow automatically makes me a smart mark by default? Its stupid. What's even more stupid is people on the internet moaning about the IWC, as if theyre somehow separate from it. Youre on the internet, complaining about internet wrestling fans. Rather redundant.

Cant we just be happy that WWE put on a great wrestling show and leave it at that, instead of trying to turn MitB into the IWC PPV?

1)Daniel Bryan won because he needs something. All the other guys in the match are involved in angles or simply dont need the win, like Sheamus.

2)Colt Cabana was on screen for very very brief seconds at a time, and the WWE announcers called him a fan when CM Punk gave him a high five during the match. They didnt even acknowledge that it was Colt. Only the smarks know it was Colt.

3)Christian won because a face needs to chase the belt in order to keep their momentum. Orton as champ was getting stale. Now he's all fired up and the fans are fired up with him, as they want to see the viper unleashed, chasing the belt.

4)John Cena still didnt lose clean. He was distracted by Vince and Johnny Ace trying to pull a Montreal Screw Job. The hero standing up for what he believes in. Typical superman John Cena stuff that the would-be IWC seems to hate.

5) CM Punk winning didnt have anything to do with pleasing the IWC. Its all about making a compelling program. There are so many layers to this angle in the weeks building up, to the match itself and the finish, and its only getting started. This angle is much more complex than, "lets please the IWC".

So no, stop. This isnt about the IWC. It isnt about your opinions on these forums. Its about making a compelling program and I guarantee you that all the casual fans are just as compelled to watch this Monday's Raw as any of you reading this.
Probably less compelled. Smarks mark harder for their favorites than the marks do. Everyone had fun tonight though. Like I've been saying, keep looking at the positives, the rest of the year has been pretty damn good so far too.

i don't think it is just about the IWC being happy, this is good for wrestling fans as a whole, regardless of who won what, i was just happy that this PPV as a whole had a lot of good matches. I mean Daniel Bryan winning the SD MITB was a awesome surprise, considering i thought Barret was gonna win, but i got a feeling maybe they wont have Bryan win the belt, not yet anyway. CM Punk winning was again awesome as well, but even if he didn't i would have been happy had they both put on a good match, and Cena didn't win again in some bullshit super-hero way. But thankfully Punk won and the excitement with this story can continue, which is good for business, and i got to give WWE credit for finally taking a step in a more adult storyline direction (to a degree, i mean it's still PG) but good to see them pushing the boundaries a lot more. Not that WWE dirty language, over violent etc, but the edgier product is a lot more enjoyable to watch overall then it was during Linda's campaign.

I wonder though, judging by crowd reactions at the PPV, whether they were 90% IWC fans? i think not, point is, if what is being presented is well done, and exciting, the matches are good/excellent, and ppl can get behind the wrestlers, the story's are engaging and keep you guessing then its better for everyone, not just the IWC. Ppl need to stop whinging and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back