WWE Money in the Back 2011: The Aftermath

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Jack-Hammer, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

WWE Money in the Bank - July 17, 2011

SmackDown MITB Match - I thought this was a fantastic match to start the show off with. It had all the big spots anybody expected and some just downright hard hitting action. Each time I see him, I’m reminded of just how much I enjoy watching Sheamus do his thing. I just love that big stiff, physical style of his. I’m hoping that Sin Cara really isn’t injured. Getting the powerbomb from Sheamus onto the ladder looked awesome and I’m sure that, no matter what, it definitely didn’t feel like a lover’s caress. Since they’re in Chicago tonight, I thought that the Doomsday Device between Kane, Sheamus & Daniel Bryan was a great touch, even though the commentators didn’t say anything about it. I have to say, however, that the ending was just plain great. Daniel Bryan comes out of nowhere and wins the MITB match at the 25 minute mark. I don’t think anybody really gave Bryan much of a chance and the live crowd popped huge and Bryan’s excitement at winning seemed completely genuine and it was a great moment for him. Of course, now comes all the threads asking if Bryan is going to be the first one to cash in MITB and lose. Awesome match with some great wrestlers taking some big bumps and selling them with an awesome ending. ****

Kelly Kelly vs. Brie Bella - Generally speaking, the match was ok. Let’s be honest, this match is primarily just a buffer and filler. It’s never really meant to be much more than that, there’s hardly anyone that’s legitimately interested in women’s wrestling but they did alright. I wouldn’t call the match good but I wouldn’t call it bad. It served it’s overall purpose to give people a chance to hit the restroom, go for a beer run, get some snacks or pick up some merchendise. Kelly Kelly hits her finisher to retain at the 5 minute mark. *

The Big Show vs. Mark Henry - It wasn’t a classic for the ages and, let’s be honest, nobody ever thought it was going to be. However, I enjoyed the match. I thought both of them worked hard and put on a good, physical big man match. Some people might be put off that both men went off their feet so soon but it didn’t bother me at all. Both of these guys are such huge powerhouses that I think it’s refreshing to see each of them in there with someone that’s on equal footing in terms of power. It makes for a more interesting story in my opinion as I’m long since over seeing the whole giant or powerhouse tossing a guy half his size all over the ring like he’s nothing. Show delivering a shoulder tackle from the second rope was different and him selling a knee injury afterward was convincing in my view. Realistically, a guy that size hitting the mat hard and being “injured” is a possibility. Show initially kicks out of Henry’s first World’s Strongest Slam. Henry follows it up with another then hit’s a couple of splashes for the clean win at the 6 minute mark. I’m surprised he got a clean win but I liked it. The post match stuff was a great touch and it just plays nicely with the intensity that Henry has shown lately. WWE should’ve done this with Mark Henry 10 years ago. The right guy won and both guys gave it their best. They didn’t try to go overboard here or to stretch this out to be longer than it needed to be. **1/4

Raw MITB Match - Another very good showing for the MITB matches. Last year, Raw’s match was the better of the two but it lost out to the blue brand this year. Still, a very good effort with lots of great spots and some real drama going on with The Miz. If The Miz’s knee really isn’t hurt, then he just sold the absolute shit out of the injury. The crowd was really quiet and were definitely wondering if Miz is hurt. Miz came hobbling back down from the back a little bit later, the crowd booed the crap out of him and I thought it was great. Mysterio essentially takes him out after hitting a powerbomb off the ladder. It looked as though it might be Mysterio but Del Rio’s use of the mask and subsequent fall from the ladder with Rey worked nicely. It made Del Rio look like a cheap opportunist and that’s exactly how it should be. Del Rio eventually makes his way back up the ladder and gets the briefcase at the 16 minute mark. I’m not at all surprised Del Rio won the match and he’s really the one that should win the match. The predictable ending and the shorter time are two factors make this match inferior to the SD! match but it was still a very high quality match at any rate. ***1/2

Randy Orton vs. Christian - I thought this was another great showing for Orton & Christian. The action was good, I knew that’d be the case going in. It wasn’t up to snuff with some of their other matches, but I thought they told a helluva story here. The crowd was super hot here, especially when it came to Orton. Some good back and forth stuff here and Christian showed some good resilience for himself as well. The ending felt a little cheap in some ways but it plays in perfectly with the story that’s been told with the overall angle between the two. Christian hocks a loogie in Orton’s face and Orton goes apey. The punt to the groin was a great touch and Orton just plain went medieval on Christian. Christian becomes the new World Heavyweight Champion about the 12.5 minute mark. Orton ultimately winds up delivering the RKO twice to Christian on the announce table, which doesn’t break, and Christian does a great job selling the effects of both moves. The sight of Christian clutching the title on his way out drew great heat from the crowd. I have little doubt that some people are going to crap all over this win. The IWC has this obsession with every heel being this near superhuman badass for some odd reason. Heels are supposed to be opportunistic lowlifes whereas faces are supposed to be the good, honorable guys. Hence, Daniel Bryan didn‘t come out to cash in his MITB contract with Christian half dead. ***1/2

John Cena vs. CM Punk - Holy shit...this was a downright amazing, epic match. I honestly don't see how anybody could not have enjoyed this match. Both of these guys worked their asses off and told an infuckingcredible story. It was back and forth the entire time with the crowd being so white hot that they all had to be on the edge of their seat. I know I was on the edge of mine the entire time. Punk & Cena both hit each other with everything, including the kitchen sink, and kept coming back for more. Both of these guys looked like superstars in this match. About the 31 minute mark, Cena slaps Punk in the STF for the 3rd or 4th time during the match and Vince suddenly comes out with Laurinaitis with him. It looked like Vince tried to do a Montreal Screwjob thing here and sent Laurinaitis to ring the bell. Cena, being the good guy that he is, jumps out of the ring and stops it from happening. Punk recovers, hits the GTS and becomes the new WWE Champion at the 34 minute mark. The crowd goes wild and Vince screams for Del Rio to get out there. Del Rio hits but Punk lays him out and walks out of Chicago the new WWE Champion. *****

Overall Show - This was a fantastic show from top to bottom. There were a few legit surprises here and there, some incredible action, great storytelling and every match that was expected to deliver was able to do that and then some. I was legitimately surprised to see Daniel Bryan win the SmackDown! MITB match. I may have given the match a slightly greater rating because of the surprise ending but it was a great match anyway you slice it. We expected the Divas Championship match to be filler and it was, but it didn't suck. Big Show vs. Mark Henry was a good big man match. Both of them worked hard and did the best they could. Henry going over cleanly was another little surprise and it makes me wonder why WWE didn't do what they're doing with Henry now years ago. The Raw MITB match was another great outing, not as good as SD!, but it was still very entertaining and Alberto Del Rio winning was the obvious and best choice. Randy Orton vs. Christian delivered in my opinion. I enjoyed the action but the storytelling is what stood out here. Christian is the new World Heavyweight Champion as Orton is DQ'd. Some people will hate it because they have this crazy idea that heels are supposed to be super badasses with an honorable side to them instead of being cheap, opportunistic jackals. John Cena vs. Punk was epic, just plain epic. It was a classic in my view and seeing Punk walk out as WWE Champion was not only a great moment but ended the ppv on a huge cliffhanger. Again, I may have given the match a slightly higher rating but it was just better than I expected it to be, it felt like an epic match and it had the perfect ending. If this doesn't pop a big rating for Raw tomorrow night, then I honestly don't know what else can be done. Helluva ppv and most definitely worth the money.

Grade: A+

2. ringthebell

ringthebell WWE Right Now=Same Ole Shit

Don't get me wrong, this ppv scored a 9/10 for me. The reason: The ladder matches and of course the main event. The orton/christian match ended in a good ole fashioned WWE Bullshit DQ that I think everyone knew was going to happen, although I believe Christian will carry the title well.

Now when the music hit for Punk, the ppv completely rocketed up in the ratings game. The Chicago crowd was raucous as fuck. It reminded me of a good ole fashioned ECW in your fucking face crowd. They put so much heat on Cena that I thought Cena would get booed right out of the Allstate Arena. The match was intense, so many close counts and they absolutely exhausted themselves. Although, I am happy that CM Punk won here, and I would like to give a big FUCK YOU to Cena because as the Chicago crowd said it best, YOU CANT WRESTLE, YOU CANT WRESTLE!!! WHAT A PPV AND WHAT A LANDMARK NIGHT FOR THE WWE. CONGRATS CM PUNK.

3. ralphie9181

ralphie9181 Pre-Show Stalwart

Wrestling Observer is calling it one of the best PPVs this company has ever produced and that is a long list of great shows. I absolutely agree, it felt like the good old days again. Hot crowd, hot angle, the matches that were supposed to be great were and the filler wasn't unwatchable. I feel like it's 1998 again. WWE has lightning in a bottle right now. All they have to do is follow through and they stand a shot at reinvigorating the business. This show made me proud to be a fan.

4. Daniel.Wood

Daniel.Wood Pre-Show Stalwart

The crowd were indeed massively intense. Massive props to both guys, One hell of a match made better by 1) An amazing crowd and 2) An amazing storyline.

5. ralphie9181

This main event was for us, not the 6 year olds, and women. It feels nice to have the company throw us hardcore fans a bone every now and then. Well wrestled by both men, I have much respect for Cena for going through with this to show an under appreciated talent like Punk that he does matter and is needed. All wrestling fans should remember today, because it was a good day, it was everything that is right about the business.

6. The_Reptile_

The_Reptile_ Pre-Show Stalwart

This PPV fucking sucked balls!

... Whoa whoa whoa, wait I a minute I'm kidding! Jesus.

Best PPV of the year WWE's had, and hell might be the best PPV of the year in general. Seriously.

Daniel Bryan was a mark out moment, Del Rio was exactly what needed to happen for him, I did not expect Christian to win it, and Punk getting the title and actually LEAVING with it will probably go on to be one of those timeless moments in WWE history.
    Just hope Sin Cara's fine, he looked like he landed on that ladder pretty badly.

XgringolocoX likes this.
  7. Zeven_Zion

Zeven_Zion King Of The Ring

WWE fans experiencing something good again. Hot damn. It's like handing a Whopper to a guy who hasn't eaten anything in 5 years. I wonder if your view of what WWE has been doing for the last few years has changed. At least now we have something to compare it to, don't we?

MITB PPV vs Everything else WWE has done in half a decade.

Now do you see why I used to hate that fucking company? I'm saying used to because I'm back on board (until they blow it again, which I'm certain won't be soon so I'll enjoy it while it lasts).

The PPV was great. Well, the Punk match. I'm yet to watch the rest of the show, but with the results out I can already tell it was epic. They just gave the FANS (not the pre-schoolers) what we wanted. Christian, Punk, Bryan. Judging by the Punk match, we saw a great story play out and turn into an amazing match full of real EMOTION, PASSION and COMPETITIVENESS. There was the shock factor, the crowd, the in-ring athleticism and of course psychology. This is all we're asking for. Stories, matches, outcomes. Not dance offs. Not arm wrestling. Not midgets. Not tasteless skits. Just some rewarding product. Can't be too hard.

ralphie9181 likes this.
  8. RkoMachine

RkoMachine Pre-Show Stalwart

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all know this means Punk has resigned in some way and will be back eventually (even though im sure he is taking time off) Cena gets a well deserved break while he's "fired" and we will most likely get a new title tommorow that will hopefully not look like a rapper's necklace! I dont know if i have ever been so excited for a RAW! I GUARANTEE i huge ratings boost from this! even casual fans will be tuning in to see what happens next! GREAT job WWE!

9. lenguy

lenguy First Immortality..Then the Bitches

A very very solid ppv, I would go as far and say it was miles even beyond Wrestlemania. There was a very clear and distinct buzz surrounding this ppv and it really managed to deliver.

Both money in the bank ladder matches were great. Del Rio winning over on Raw was really the right move and Bryan winning on Smackdown was a big surprise, he was the last person on my mind that I figured WWE would give it to, everybody in the IWC jizzed their pants after that one.

Henry and Show was alright, I wasn't expecting a 5 star match but it did do what it was suppose to do and that was put Henry over. Nothing mind blowing but it was decent.

The World title match was pretty good. I'm a bit surprised they went with the DQ finish though, would have been nice if Christian went over clean but what can you do. I was expecting D. Bryan to come out after Orton beat down Christian,it just seemed that's what they were building up for.

Punk vs Cena had a slow start but the crowd easily made up for that. The atmosphere in the match was incredible and just made that match much more enjoyable to watch. Some good moments,liked the suplex to the outside,looked painful. I was on the edge of my seat near the end. Is Punk really going to tap? Is that how there going to finish it? Is Cena really going to win with an FU? Then Vince came out and I thought that something major was going to happen, and something did, Punk won and the reaction blew the roof off that place. I literally jumped out of my seat and scream in exhilaration. I couldn't figure out which route wwe was going to take with this and I'm so pleased with the result. Even now, wwe has created more questions than answers and I'm pumped to find out what happens tomorrow on Raw.

Overall,I'm very pleased with this ppv. The first ppv that wasn't Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania I've ordered in a long time and I am very satisfied. 5 stars for Money in the bank.

10. ralphie9181

Absolutely correct about comparing it to everything they have done for like the last 5-6 years. It's like night and day how different this show felt and how good it was. It's almost like Vince woke up today and instead of saying "This is how I wanna book the show!" he said, "What is the best possible show we can put together for the fans?" bravo WWE

11. RicoLen

RicoLen Wise Guy

I'm predicting, that as a part of the outreach program WWE has, that WWE sends a few of their roster, CM Punk included over to Japan to work with New Japan Pro-Wrestling. They do their charity work, etc, and CM Punk cuts a promo with the WWE title belt, talking trash about Vince, WWE & Cena (maybe even The Rock too), and MNR plays it off as "leaked footage" of what CM Punk is doing in NJPW with their belt. They hold a tournament for a new champion like Punk isn't the champ, and at some point in time in the near future Punk returns, with his belt, ala Ric Flair & Scott Hall, as an outsider not employed by WWE to start a feud with the new champion (sadly, probably Cena).

My personal prediction... probably way off, but then, I called the CM Punk win and so I'm feeling needlessly confident.

12. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

I enjoyed the life out of Royal Rumble, I thought Extreme Rules was a fantastic event, but nothing comes close to this evening (or morning as it is here). CM Punk was not the only thing to make this PPV excellent though. We started off with a very hard to predict SmackDown Money in the Bank. It was a match that was booked incredibly well. Fantastic back and forth action with everyone getting a chance to shine, even Slater & Gabriel. Of course DBD got the win and I'm happy for the guy. He'll get built over the next few months hopefully. The Divas match provided a decent breather as I needed to grab some refreshments and go to the toilet, but it was also a decent Divas affair. The Battle of the behemoths was also solid with some decent back and forth action. Show looked decent as Mark Henry continues to do his thing (which is surprisingly good).

Afterwards we were treated to Money in the Bank ladder match #2. Not as good as the first, but some different stuff going down here led to intriguing situations and scenarios and a smart finish with ADR ripping Mysterio's mask off. Christian vs. Randy Orton has reminded me of Wile E. Coyote vs. Road Runner. There's the continued chase, only this time, the predator caught the prey as Orton fell into Christian’s trap. Smarty booking here as Christian looks like the cunning, resourceful heel and Orton is the psycho face. Then we come to the grandest of grand finales. The main event. Whether it was Cena applying an abdominal stretch or the crowd chanting "Colt Cobana", this was a great sequence of events. Maybe the match itself wasn't 5 stars (note: maybe), but the entire scenario was. Great stuff start to finish, including Johnny Ace getting a mouth full of Cena's fist. The afters were fun and well worked too. All in all a phenomenal show and the best from the E' this year.

13. AngryCenaFan

AngryCenaFan Pre-Show Stalwart

anyone who harps on any botches in the main event is NOT a wrestling fan, in a real fight you're not always going to hit someone exactly how you want.

AMAZING Match, the fans made it what it was, both men left it all in the ring, and I like the fact that unlike all previous MITB situations, Punk weaseled out of it....like a heel.

But tonight, Punk was as over as any face I have seen since RVD at ONS06. Could be an Austin situation

14. Nate DaMac

Nate DaMac Fuck erbody but me

Alright, here's my quick little breakdown.

Smackdown MITB

Simply an awesome match. Very cool and innovative spots, everybody brought their A game, and of course, Daniel fucking Bryan won MITB. What the hell could I have to complain about here? I really hope he successfully cashes in at some point. He was over as hell here tonight, and I suspect a MITB cash in could do wonders for him, more so than anyone else in the match.

Kelly Kelly vs Bella

Don't know which one it was, don't care. I hate Women's wrestling. I will say that this was a little bit better than a lot of others but it was still shit.

Mark Henry vs Big Show

This was waaaay better than it had any business being. Show sold his ass off and made Henry look legit. If you're expecting some kind of classic out of these 2, you're an idiot. This was exactly how it should have been.

Raw MITB

Not nearly as good as the first one, but still pretty damn entertaining. It loses points with me simply because I do not care for Del Rio and the finish was quite botchy, but there were some awesome spots. Especially Miz's false finish, that almost had me.

Randy Orton vs Christian

When you've wrestled each other as much as these 2 have it's bound to get a bit tired after a while. However, these 2 manage to keep it fresh every time. Excellent match, even better finish. Christian is the World Heavyweight Champion and Orton is back to being psychotic. What could be better?

John Cena vs CM Punk

A fucking classic if I have ever seen one. Everything about this match was perfect. John Cena busted his fucking ass, Punk worked that crowd into a frenzy, and the false screwjob finish pulled me in hook, line, and sinker. Easily my favorite Cena match ever, and it might be Punk's best outing as well. Just an incredible mach.

Simply put, this is the PPV of the year. It may be a bit premature to proclaim this halfway through the year, but after it bested awesome PPVs like Extreme Rules, CP, EC, and the Rumble, I have a hard time believing that anything else will top it.

A+

15. TWJC: The Beginning

TWJC: The Beginning Royal Rumble Winner

I haven't seen this show yet, I worked 6-10, but I will. One thing that has been bothering me about this thread is the whole "this show was for the real fans, not the kids" shit. They are just as big of fans as you and I'm sure they enjoyed the shit out of this show too. I will watch the show and I will likely enjoy it.

Please, keep the dumb comments out though. As for the people who say "maybe wrestling will be popular again"...wrestling IS popular. They don't get 6 ratings anymore, but no one does, not on cable. It's a different time. Raw and SD are still consistently tops in their timeslots or on their channels year round. Wrestling is still big, just let yourelf enjoy it and don't be so critical. Even after what was apparently an amazing show, people still feel the need to shit on what happened in the past.

Jack-Hammer likes this.
  16. JDUB22

JDUB22 New Member

John Cena has been in this position before. Like AngryCenaFan said...RVD vs John Cena at One Night Stand for the strap in NYC was the most hostile crowd EVER (even more than tonight, ZERO CENA FANS IN NYC for the RVD match) and he still came in and in my opinion proved a lot of people wrong and he didnt do the same old shit, or at least his S.O.S didnt go how he planned. CM Punk winning was amazing. Great main event that felt like an old school match by getting the fans emotionally involved, so many near pinfalls and submission attempts. I loved this PPV & I didnt like WrestleMania at all. WM next year and every other PPV leading up to it should be like this, if not better.

AngryCenaFan likes this.
  17. Johnny Scumm

Johnny Scumm InZayn In The Membrane

Jack-Hammer, you hit the nail on fucking head here man!

Smackdown MiTB Match
    Well, what the fuck can I say? Motherfucking Daniel Bryan! The match was filled with spots galore and alliances I'd love to see again, but never will. It was great seeing Slater & Gabriel as a little duo, only to turn on each other again. Sheamus taking out Sin Cara was a brilliant spot and that looked really painful. When Daniel Bryan was standing atop the Ladder, I was saying "Yeah, wait for Sheamus/Barrett". BUT IT DIDNT HAPPEN!! No, Daniel Bryan managed to take the case down from up top and for the first of many times tonight, I marked out. This match was amazing and a great way to start the show.
    Rating: 4/5

Kelly Kelly vs Brie Bella - Diva's Title Match
    Yeah, you gotta have the Diva's Title Match on the card, so you gotta have it going on early. The best part about the whole night is that they stuck to the 6 matches they had planned. Anyway, this was just a way to show Kelly Kelly as a bona-fide Diva's Champion and to show some tension between the Twins again.
    Rating: 1.5/5

Big Show vs Mark Henry
    As Jack-Hammer said, it was quite enjoyable. I also very much so liked watching it and thought it wasn't too damn bad. Very glad that Henry took the win here. I couldn't bear Big Show getting another one over somebody. For example, when he continuously got wins over the SES, I didn't like it. However, Henry delivering his World's Strongest Slam, followed up with a couple of splashes, then the pin just worked for me. I did think that somehow, Henry was going to get himself DQ'd, but I was wrong and they saved that spot for a bit later on ;)
    Rating: 3/5

Raw MiTB Match
    Well, yet again, another top class MiTB Ladder Match full of great spots, but lacking compared to Smackdown. The best part has to be Alex Riley jumping over the ropes, followed by Kingston/Mysterio from the ropes and then Bourne's Shooting Star Press from the Ladder onto the other 7 men. Am I the only person who thinks that the ending was botched? Rey had his mask pulled off and then he dropped on top of another Ladder. But didn't it seem as though when he fell into Del Rio on another Ladder, it was because Rey lost balance? Might've just been me, but that's how I looked at it. Simply because everyone stayed down outside for too long. Miz sold what I think was a valid injury, but he really wanted to stay in that one, without looking weak/too injured so came back down, only to fall to Mysterio. However, glad that Del Rio won it, as much as I wanted Miz to, but 2 years in a row is highly unlikely unless you're CM Punk. Great match again.

Randy Orton vs Christian - World Heavyweight Championship.
    To me, the first of two great matches. Christian brings in a chair early, taunting Orton to hit him, but he resists, because he really doesn't want to go out via DQ & lose his title. Remember here, if Orton is DQ'd or the Ref calls badly, Christian is the automatic Champion. So, we get some great back & forth action as per usual and thanks to LSN80, I really expect Edge to come out. I eagerly await his arrival, but unfortunately, to no avail. Orton has Christian in the turnbuckle and he spits in Randy's face, pissing him off big time. Eventually, Orton punts Christian in the groin for a DQ, giving Christian the default win AND the World Heavyweight Championship! Orton doesn't like that, so goes psycho and RKO's Christian twice on the Spanish Announce Table, with it never breaking. They either re-enforced that like a bitch, or something wasn't right there. But again, the first of two great Title Matches.

CM Punk vs John Cena - WWE Title Match
    Well, this is the one we had all waited 2 and a half hours for. Started off with it being a brilliant Wrestling Match. Both men working each other to the ground, with some obvious whispers here and there, but that doesn't matter. We have Punk threatening to win the Title & walk out with it, but if he does, VKM has said he will fire John Cena. This is the first match in a long time where I've enjoyed Cena wrestling. I think it's the fact that he's with Punk in the Ring, but also this Chavo Guerrero stuff that made him spark off a new wing, possibly leading to him not doing his "5 Moves Of Doom" every time we see him. The match goes on and on until eventually, McMahon & Laurinaitis are at Ringside. Cena has the STF locked in and McMahon sends John number 2 to ring the bell, but Cena jumps out the ring and floors him. As he gets back in, Punk gets on him and hits the GTS, leading to a count of 3! Punk is the winner and new Champ and the crowd go nuts. McMahon cuts the Music via announce table and tells the guys to let Del Rio cash in. As Alberto gets in the Ring, Punk kicks him and takes him down and runs through the crowd, celebrates and proceeds to walk out of the Arena with his WWE Title.
    Rating: 5/5

Well, what can I say? The first MiTB Ladder Match was better than the second by a fraction or so. The two giants put on a decent showing between them, which was a shocker. The Diva's done what the needed to, just to show Kelly Kelly is a Champion that can defend her Gold. Smackdown's MiTB produced a very unexpected winner, whereas Raw provided the slightly more obvious one. Christian pushed Orton to the edge and over it, leading to a DQ and new Champion and then, sort of thanks to Cena, Punk becomes the new WWE Champion. How often do you see both Titles change hands in one night? Once I saw Christian hold the WHC, I didn't believe we were gonna see Punk even touch the WWE Belt. But he did and the night was made perfect. There really is nothing to fault about this one, because it was just amazing.
    WWE, I commend you on giving us 3 Hours of amazing entertainment, now give us 2 more tonight with Monday Night Raw. Thanks.

Overall Rating: 5/5

18. XXJJ

XXJJ Championship Contender

Wow... What a great PPV!!! All the matches except the stupid diva filler match were great... Some great storytelling! Congrats to all the talent involved.

Raw should be crazy tommorow...so many questions that need to be answered. Amazing night for CM Punk, loved the ending.

I loved how Christian won. That was such a douchebag move... Perfect for a heel. He got great heat at the end... I'm glad they didn't have DB cash in the MITB briefcase.. He is a face he needs to do it in a more honorable way.

19. TheUndertakerFTW

TheUndertakerFTW CMPunkBestInTheWorld

Good Lord Jesus and the sheperds!! What a PPV huh? Some awesome spots like Sin Cara powerbomb! I don't care who you are that looked painful! Smackdown MITB takes the cake on the ladder matches to me, Cena/Punk was everything I wanted it to be! I knew Alberto would come down but what I didn't see coming is Punk cleaning his clock immediately I thought Del Rio would have had a chance but nope the Punk leaving was pure gold to see! Crowd was hotter then a fire lite under your ass the whole night (ECW 06) but really just a good PPV glad I bought it, now we wait for RAW to see Cena get fired and rehired, give me shit for it but you know it will happen :)

20. Kesteral

Kesteral Occasional Pre-Show

I just hope that a lot of people bought the PPV and tomorrows RAW gets a lot of viewers because if it does then this trend of making an exciting show might just continue, otherwise we might just go back to what we had before.

21. JDUB22

JDUB22 New Member

Cena getting fired is only to give him a much needed/deserved vacation. Im looking foward to RAW to see what will happen with the whole Vince/CM Punk Title situation. Will Punk invade RAW with Colt Cabana and the rest of Ring of Honor? Will Punk also be on vacation & come back at some point? Its all part of the amazing story theyve been telling since Punk spoke his mind and Im a fan from the WWF golden era & Attitude era who has been loving what hes been watching. On a side note, Christian better at least hold the strap until the next PPV this time. Show the man some respect and let him defend it at a PPV at least if hes going to lose it.

22. lordofdarkness009

lordofdarkness009 Dark Match Jobber

this PPv was way too good for the WWE....big surprises with Daniel Bryan and the Cena vs Punk finish.big crowd reactions and everything....i was so marking out at the end!!!

23. The Rich

The Rich Hello, I'm Awesome

One of the best WWE PPV's of all time in my opinion.

Great action during the Ladder Matches, RKO-Christian and Show-Henry had enjoyable matches. Punk-Cena was one of the all time greats. When many people were thinkin Cena would win the title clean, Punk wins and actually LEAVES Chicago with the WWE Championship, great ending for the show, can't wait for Raw tomorrow! :D

Thank You Vince
    Thank You Cena
    Thank You Punk

Thank You WWE

24. Mercer the Ruthless

Mercer the Ruthless Pre-Show Stalwart

I can't remember the last PPV that gave me chills and made me anxious with anticipation, I've been watching for 15 years now and wow is all I can muster up. People will go on to say "that WWE has sucked so long and this is nothing" I say to them "go fuck yourself". WWE went back to it's formula took a chance and critical acclaim followed. there were those matches that were just a filler, an appetizer if you will; K2 vs Bellas, Henry vs Show (but heck I enjoyed Show vs Henry). However, the good to great matches outshined them and made this show a loved one. Smackdown's Surprise MITB winner Daniel Bryan, who saw that coming? The ball is in WWE's court, I hope they can keep this incredible momentum going.

25. bfred27

bfred27 Occasional Pre-Show

The smackdown money in the bank looked brutal, the Sin Cara powerbomb on the ladder looked amazing but looked bad, hopefully he isnt hurt from that but more props to him. Daniel Bryan winning it was a shock, but there isnt a guy who deserves it more at this point. I give it a 8/10 personally

Diva match- didnt really watch it so I cant rate it

Big Show V Mark Henry- I gotta say I enjoyed this match, both guys worked very hard and it was one of the better big man battles. Mark Henry winning cleanly was the right call. Henry has been on a tear lately and his attitude just fits him perfectly. The after match beat down was alright for what it was which was to keep alive the feud between the two. 7/10

Raw money in the bank- Wasnt as good as the smackdown match but had some amazing moments. Loved everyone coming in with their own ladder and the Evan Bourne Shooting star press. Hopefully the Miz isnt hurt too bad, but that fall was scary and it looked like the miz should have let go of the briefcase. Had to believe that Del Rio was going to win this because you cant have 2 face money in the bank holders, the ending seemed a little messy, but effective none the less 7/10

Christian V Randy Orton- Gotta say this wasnt one of my favorite matches, just seems like I have seen all of this before. The ending was done in typical heel fashion with Christian spitting in Ortons face. I knew after that there was going to be DQ, I mean if someone spits in your face your going to go off on that person. The aftermatch beatdown dragged along which made me think Daniel Bryan was going to cash in, but holding off on it was the right thing because Bryan needs to be built up and I think his Cash in will be a straight up match ala RVD. 6/10

Main Event - First off let me say outside of HHH vs Undertaker this was the best match of the year. It felt like one night stand and the TLC match with Edge in Toronto. Crowd exploded for Punk. The match itself had it all and you could tell both guys were giving it their all to make this a memorable match. Many criticize Cena for not being able to wrestle, but this was well done on this part. The false finishes were great, because everyone is use to Cena making is comebacks and just thought it would be like that again. The screw job angle was well played, and Cena stopping it was the right move. I could only imagine what would happen if the screw job went down, there might have been a riot. Punk winning was the best and Del Rio not being able to cash was smart, because logically Punk has to believe that would happen. 10/10

Overall Show 9.5/10 Best show of the year, showed why WWE is king and has left us truly wondering what will happen tomorrow night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.