WWE Miami, Round 1, Match 6: #27 Rick Martel vs. #38 Bubba Ray Dudley

Discussion in 'WWE Region' started by Shocky, Mar 26, 2009.

?

Martel vs. Bubba

1. Arrogance

2. 3-D

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE rules from Miami, Fl.

#27. Rick "The Model" Martel
    [​IMG]

vs.

#38. Bubba Ray Dudley
    [​IMG]

2. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

I loved Bubba Ray when he was Buh-Buh Ray in ECW, and think that the Dudley Boyz are a great tag team. But, this isn't a tag match, and he wouldn't be appearing in such an old gimmick. Without his brother at ringside, he's pretty useless.

Martel, on the other hand, was a legit champion in AWA, and had a decent singles run in the WWE. If this were a tag match, I'd still take Strike Force over the Dudleys in a WWE ring.

Dudley gets in some offense, but botches a Bubba Cutter, giving Martel all he needs for the win.

3. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Going with Martel. Bubba was fed to HHH and Brock Lesnar but that's baout the highlight of his singles career. Martel was quite good in the ring but not great. Martel was certainly a better technician and I think he picks up the win here after catching Bubba in a mistake.

4. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Only singles match I've seen Bubba Ray compete in was against HHH in 2002 and that didn't last long. Martel wins here easily.

5. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Bubba Ray Dudley is not cut out for singles competition. Rick Martel was a competent perormer and won the AWA title when it still had a shred of relevance or inmportance.

Martel wins this one, pretty quickly too.

6. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Rick Martel. Arguable the man was at his weakest when he was "The Model" but the guy was amazing even then. Hell, I think he went 45 minutes in the Royal Rumble at that point in his career. Even his match with Michaels in the pretty boy match was freaking a classic, and if you haven't seen it, you should watch it.

Bubba, big powerful, mean son of a bitch. To say anything less is to not give the man his props. The problem is, the man is simply unproven as a singles wrestler. The best thing he did as a singles wrestler was stand up for the little guy in the summer of 2002 on Raw, and then eventually got his ass kicked by Triple H on Raw for his troubles.

7. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Dudley absolutely sucks as a singles competitor, pretty easy win for an underrated Martel here.

8. Pimpin

Pimpin Resident Hip Hop Junkie

Brother Ray is unproven in the singles world as he is basically irrelevant without Brother D-Von by his side meanwhile was not only a great tag team wrestler but he also had success as a singles superstar as he is a former AWA World Heavyweight Champion. Martel wins this match after Brother Ray makes a mistake to cost himself the match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.