WWE Hell In A Cell: WWE United States Championship - AJ Styles (c) VS Baron Corbin

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This bout was made official on tonight's SmackDown Live and I think it'll be the close of this program. The match should be entertaining, it's quite difficult for AJ Styles to be in a match that's not entertaining, and I'm hoping Styles retains so that we're able to get into the return of the US Open Challenge properly without Baron Corbin or Tye Dillinger running interference against each other.

I hope the opposite to be honest. I hope Corbin wins and continues working with Styles and Tye. Corbin needs a belt and some credibility if he is going to become WHC at one point in his career. This should be a run to see how he does and he can do anything in his power to not fight Styles until say Royal Rumble where Styles can win the title back.

I am not a Corbin fan but he can be a good mid card heel which is needed since WWE thinks Mahal is Main Event caliber.

I am not a big Corbin fan but I agree he should win here. He needs the title a lot more than AJ right now. Hopefully after this feud ends AJ could enter back into the world title picture, and Bobby Roode will enter the US Title picture (building him up slowly but surely).

If Baron Corbin loses, where does he go? He lost his Money in the Bank contract, he lost to John Cena, and he could lose to AJ Styles. If that is the case, what next? There's no other championship to gun for. And a loss to Styles, following a loss to Cena, shows that he isn't on the level they are at, and so in my mind just continues to push Corbin down the card.

For me, I think that Corbin has to win this match to retain credibility among the stars on the SmackDown roster. But, I don't know if I actually want him to win. My feelings on Corbin are not as strong anymore. I've lost my desire to see Corbin pushed. This should be a fun match regardless.

I wonder if Corbin could actually win the title here. I don't know why but I'm feeling that he might defeat AJ Styles. Or I'm thinking too much and AJ Styles wins this match. Adding Tye Dillinger has added a new turn in this feud and I'm happy that he isn't getting squashed.

Expecting another good match from AJ Styles. I remember getting a very good match when we saw Corbin and AJ Styles last year in a Triple Threat match.

I assume Dillinger becomes a late addition so Styles doesn't have to take the fall. They do have to protect Styles for when he encounters The Maharaja next.

I was sure this was going to be a triple threat match including Tye. Maybe a last minute change and WWE adds him to the match.

As always, AJ will be phenomenal, Corbin mediocre and not much more can be expected from this match I guess. AJ retains and maybe can go into something better.

OR, he loses, Corbin feuds with the likes of Tye and Sami Zayn for the U.S. championship while AJ moves towards the WWE title picture.

if They decide last minute for this match to change into a triple threat match, i'm pretty sure this will be because they want to take the title off Styles and give it to Corbin without having styles getting pin. Tye is a great enhancement talent, he was great in that role in NXt and he's great in that role on the main roster. Having Tye be the one to get pin by corbin for the title advance the story between AJ and Corbin without damaging either one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back