WWE Hell In A Cell: Smackdown Tag Title Match: New Day VS Rusev Day

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Jack-Hammer, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Next week, there's supposed to be a tag team match between Sheamus & Cesaro and Rusev & Aiden English to determine the new #1 contenders for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship and it looks like WWE's saved us the trouble of watching it by already giving us the outcome.

It's been announced that New Day is set to defend the titles at the Melbourne super show against Sheamus & Cesaro. This sort of thing makes it crystal clear that Vince cares little or nothing about continuity and does nothing but reinforce the impression that the matches don't really mean much of anything.

This will be a great match, no question as the two teams have killed it many times in the past. Personally, I'd prefer Rusev Day to get this shot just for the sake of something new and different. Personally, I still don't see why Vince just doesn't push them; they're really over with fans, they work well together and they can put on good matches. Hell, their segments and merchandise even draw well so, in all honesty, what more can any reasonable person expect?

2. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The match was announce for super showdown not hell in the cell. So I know this doesn't change a lot because whoever win the match on smackdown next week, they are probably going to lose to the new day at hell in a cell.

That's the problem when you promote 2 events at the same time. You're kinda giving away some of the result from the first event by promoting a match for the second event.

3. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So tonight on smackdown, rusev day just won the tournament to become the number 1 contenders for the smackdown tag title and gets the match this Sunday at hell in the cell.

While we all know that the bar is getting the next title shot at super showdown which pretty much makes this match predictable ,It's still a good match on paper. So I would love for them to call a audible and have rusev day win the belt I see new day retaining on this night.

4. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Could be a decent match this and I wouldn't mind seeing Rusev Day come out of it with the Championships. Rusev and English have been really over but haven't quite managed to make it stick with gold as of yet. The Tag Chpionships are there for the taking and I don't think anyone would be upset to them leave with the titles. It would be a good way to reward the team for their popularity and success in getting themselves over.

That said, I think The New Day comes out of this with the titles.