WWE Hell In A Cell: Hell In A Cell Match - Shane McMahon VS Kevin Owens

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The expected HIAC bout between Shane McMahon and Kevin Owens was made official tonight on SmackDown Live.

The match will be entertaining and there's a compelling story behind it, but I still can't help but be a little bummed out that Vince's baby boy yet again finds himself a centerpiece in a heavily hyped match. This match suffers from the same weakness as Shane's matches against Taker and AJ Styles in that either we already know the outcome in that Shane loses or he wins and makes one of the most consistently quality stars on the main roster look bad for not being able to beat an authority figure.

Time for KO to sell Shane's shitty offense.

Look, I get it, Shane's match at Mania two years ago popped ticket sales, but Shane doesn't need to be on my TV. He isn't Vince, neither of his children are, and he is quickly going from being the cool authority figure that shows up from time to time to the Stephanie role of dominating the stars TV time. My hope is that they use this to write him off TV for a bit.

As much as I dislike Shane at least this is a high profile match for Owens. He's had a fairly uninspiring year and I can't think of a bigger disappointment than his series with Styles. This actually feels like the biggest deal for him since his feud with Cena.

There's a reason this is happening at Hell In A Cell and there's a good reason behind this match. Shane, is a big drawing name. He may not be a superstar or a wrestler, but Kevin Owens beating Shane McMahon in a high profile match actually gives Owens more credibility than beating Nakamura or Ambrose or Rollins or Reigns, because Shane is a special attraction with a big name recognition and the match will most likely feature a spot that will be remember for ages.

That said, if Owens wins. If Shane wins it's just stupid.

I for one really like this match and the potential that it has to help Kevin Owens regain his mojo. Shane will do whatever it takes to help Owens, that is for sure, and I think this is one of the most compelling things that Owens has done since Cena. I feel like this is the Owens I have been waiting for since that period, and quite honestly I don't care if it is against a guy like Shane McMahon. At least Shane isn't taking up any unnecessary time at a big four event, and even the last time he did that, his match (at WrestleMania 33) was one of the best of the show. This will draw people in because of how good the story has been thus far, and the almost guaranteed ass kicking that is going to ensue.

The way I look at it is that Kevin Owens is dealing with the McMahon's. And that includes Vince. You don't get to have a beat down on Vince for nothing. It only means good things for Kevin Owens, and Shane entertains me, even if he isn't the best technical wrestler in the world. Therefore, I shall enjoy this thoroughly.

I for one really like this match and the potential that it has to help Kevin Owens regain his mojo. Shane will do whatever it takes to help Owens, that is for sure, and I think this is one of the most compelling things that Owens has done since Cena. I feel like this is the Owens I have been waiting for since that period, and quite honestly I don't care if it is against a guy like Shane McMahon. At least Shane isn't taking up any unnecessary time at a big four event, and even the last time he did that, his match (at WrestleMania 33) was one of the best of the show. This will draw people in because of how good the story has been thus far, and the almost guaranteed ass kicking that is going to ensue.

The way I look at it is that Kevin Owens is dealing with the McMahon's. And that includes Vince. You don't get to have a beat down on Vince for nothing. It only means good things for Kevin Owens, and Shane entertains me, even if he isn't the best technical wrestler in the world. Therefore, I shall enjoy this thoroughly.

This is definitely the Owens I've been waiting for since his feud with Cena. I've said it from the beginning that Owens would be the perfect anti authority figure.

Who goes off the cell, I say it's Owens.

This is definitely the Owens I've been waiting for since his feud with Cena. I've said it from the beginning that Owens would be the perfect anti authority figure.

Who goes off the cell, I say it's Owens.

Glad to see that there are people that agree that this is good for Kevin Owens. I think he makes a perfectly sensible anti-authority figure.

And your question interests me due to the way this past SmackDown continued the feud. They're trying so hard to get us to believe that Shane could get revenge. Now I don't think he should win, but everyone is expecting Shane to go off the cell so perhaps it being reversed and actually Owens going off would be more of a surprise. This match is being built with similarities to the No Holds Barred match that Shane had with Randy Orton at No Way Out 2009, in which Shane was a sympathetic face, but ultimately lost anyway.

Great feud - Owens must win. I hope Owens powerbombs Shane threw the cell..but probably there will be just a big bump from Shane which is just fine at that point.

I like Shane and Owens and this has been very entertaining so far. The only problem I have with the whole thing is the Hell in a Cell match. Again we will get to see Shane do a coast to coast, a suicide dive off the top of the cage and almost kill himself and Owens in the process.

He's in shape but he's not as young as he used to be and just because he believes he can fly doesn't mean he can. I really hope when he lands he doesn't hurt himself badly.

I once scoffed and said fuck Shane McMahon and his damn shitty wrestling. But time and time again he proves me wrong by being entertaining as possible in the ring. Ex: Survivor Series where he got the nastiest spear in history by Roman Reigns. Wrestlemania and his surprisingly good match vs Styles where he actually pulled a shooting star press out of his bag of surprises as well as other moves. I really hope K.O destroys him in epic fashion that will be remembered for a long time but, I can't help but respect Shane ten times more than I did a full year ago.

I'm genuinely excited for this match. This week's segment with Vince McMahon has helped this feud a lot. Until now, it seemed like it was too similar to the feud between AJ Styles & Shane McMahon. But now, it's more personal and therefore better.

The only logical result would be Kevin Owens winning. Shane winning would be stupid.

What spot do you think we are going to see? Owens powerbombing Shane from the Cell on the announce table seems too far fetched, but maybe there will be a spot where Owens powerbombs Shane through the Cell, onto the mat.

I can see Owens taking the huge bump in this match as opposed to Shane considering he's taken some of the nastiest bumps that WWE has seen in the last few years. That's probably the best decision too all things considered. If Owens goes through the cell/off the cell/some other spot that's crazy, and actually comes back to win the match, it could be his quote-unquote "star-making performance." It would also most likely turn him face which is something that I personally have wanted to see for a while, although he is admittedly one of the best heels in the business at this point.

I'm probably most interested to see how Owens wins this match. Because they can't have Shane go over, right? RIGHT?

I think this lost some momentum on tonight's SmackDown Live. Not only did they keep them separated, but they had Owens apologize for beating up Vince. It amazes me sometimes how WWE will go out of its way sometimes to not have wrestlers acting like assholes who're supposed to be assholes. Instead, they went the route of having Owens come of as whiny by blaming Shane for what happened to Vince last week. Hopefully, in the coming weeks, they can rebound as I thought the whole apology thing just took the wind out of my sails for this program.

It's nice to see Kevin Owens front and center in a high profile feud. He lost some steam after Goldberg beat him and even though the festival of friendship was outstanding, I felt his Jericho field fell flat close to WrestleMania as a lot of the animosity went away. It's Shane McMahon in a Hell in a Cell match so you know people are going to be watching which means nothing but good things for KO.

However after getting excited for various matches over the last few months only to be severly disappointed (Lesnar vs Strowman for instance), i'm not holding my breath on anything crazy happening in this match. Owens isn't going to be powerbombing off the top of the Cell or anything. It will be a solid street fight inside a Cell and should make Owens look good, unless they do the unthinkable and have Shane win.

This has been such a great feud, mostly because it has an actual story.

How many other feuds on Smackdown actually have a story? New Day/Usos, Jinder/Nakamura, and Styles/Corbin all don't.

Regardless this should be a great match. Owens has a bright future ahead of him, and he has been amazing throughout this feud.

I'm expecting a big spot. Maybe Owens could powerbomb him off the cell, but that's a lot to ask from Shane. Then again he's probably crazy enough to do it.

Shane just changed the rules of the match and that it will now be a Falls Count Anywhere Hell in a Cell match. It was pretty much a given the two of them would somehow make their way out of the Cell and if what just happened is any given, they'll be all over the arena before it's all said and done.

This can add some more unpredictable elements to the match as it opens up the probabilities and possibilities that one or both will try some pretty spectacular spots. The FCA stipulation increases the odds of Shane winning as I could easily see Sami Zayn interfering in this match as a means of getting some vengeance on Owens though Owens should win this match as it just doesn't look good to lose to Shane. What should happen is what ultimately happened on SD Live tonight: Shane puts up a valiant effort, delivers some thrilling & fun moments but is ultimately out of his league and loses after fighting the good fight.

I just hope that Shane McMahon doesn't win the match. That's going to affect this feud and more importantly Kevin Owens very badly.

Sami Zayn shouldn't interfere either. Shane already said it to him and I agree that Sami shouldn't be involved in this feud anymore.

I saw a highlight package where is shows McMahon's Mania entrance when he comes down with his kids. I forgot how much that makes me cringe.

I hope No Mercy starts backstage with Shane walking to his changing room and he sees his kids. Then later in the evening he returns and Owens has taken them all out.

Reading from another site, the reason they added the falls count anywhere is that this will allow them to pre-tape segments of the match but could also allow for a stunt double in the event that Shane want's to do something so outrageous that it warrants the stunt double.

If it becomes obvious that it was either pre-taped or not really them it's going to take away from the match. In any event I can't see how anyone but Owens comes out the winner. Shane has been used to elevate other stars and is very good at it

I think Owens will win and take Shane out for the foreseeable future. If that happens then the speculation should end for HHH's Mania match, because there it is in a nutshell.

Owens will have beat up Vince and Shane, so only logical that HHH will come riding to the rescue, the dutiful son in law and all. Could work because we haven't really seen HHH since last Mania and he can be part of either show. Also consider HHH basically handed Owens the Universal title last year, he could see this as being a slap in the face by turning against the Authority.

HHH loves the revenge angle, I could see it working.

Reading from another site, the reason they added the falls count anywhere is that this will allow them to pre-tape segments of the match but could also allow for a stunt double in the event that Shane want's to do something so outrageous that it warrants the stunt double.

If it becomes obvious that it was either pre-taped or not really them it's going to take away from the match. In any event I can't see how anyone but Owens comes out the winner. Shane has been used to elevate other stars and is very good at it

So there will be camera cuts? Well it can happen. For example during live action Owens can throw Shane through a door, window. Camera changes to the next room and we're seeing the pre-taped thing. However, what's the purpose of the Cell if they're going to go to the back?

It's insane. 15-17 years ago this match would have been a co-main event and it should be a co-main event. But if you have Jinder Mahal the WWE Champion, then this match gets the main event spot.

So I came back into this thread, in order to let something out. Something that has been bothering me. That match really didn't put over Kevin Owens

Sure it gave him some momentum and a big spotlight moving forward, but it didn't really put him over. Why? Here's why.
Shane jumps from the cell, Sami pulls Kevin out of the way, then Sami places Owens over Shane. So here's the deal. Had Sami not interfered, Shane would have killed Owens and had won the match. So Owens only won because Sami saved him. So Owens is the guy that couldn't beat Shane McMahon in a match....

The rebook
I was thinking about this even before the match, but they should have had Kevin Owens take the big bump. Mick Foley became super over because he was thrown off the top of the cell, plus through the cell. Shane became over and stole the show because he jumped of the cell. You see the pattern here. Owens gets over by taking the big bump.

How?
Shane throws Owens from the top.
Then Shane waits for Owens to get back up and lie on the announce table besides the one Owens went through after taking the fall from the TOP.
After Owens has laid there, Shane jumps and Sami appears to save Owens.

But here's the deal. Owens has now taken a big bump, equal to Shane's. So they're both over.

It just seemed to me that the only people who benefited from that match was Shane and Zayn, when I think, it should have been Kevin.

I think Owens will win and take Shane out for the foreseeable future. If that happens then the speculation should end for HHH's Mania match, because there it is in a nutshell.

Owens will have beat up Vince and Shane, so only logical that HHH will come riding to the rescue, the dutiful son in law and all. Could work because we haven't really seen HHH since last Mania and he can be part of either show. Also consider HHH basically handed Owens the Universal title last year, he could see this as being a slap in the face by turning against the Authority.

HHH loves the revenge angle, I could see it working.

I still don't understand why they never did this.... HHH comes back for Wrestlemania season and takes Shane's side. Then he can either:
a) betray Shane and join with KO and Zayn
or
b) stick with Shane as a face

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back